Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514881 times)

davifus

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2595 on: May 17, 2016, 05:55:51 pm »
I have been going ham on Civ 5 (at least 7-8 hours per day for the last three days). I have Lan party for it tomorrow.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2596 on: May 17, 2016, 07:14:08 pm »
I bought Wind Waker HD yesterday on an impulse because I wanted to play it. So far, it's off to a rough start. The game looks and sounds amazing, and had a great first impression, but the Forsaken Fortress section was perhaps the least fun I've had in any of the 3D or 2D Zelda games. The Wind Waker baton is a pain too. It really feels like it would've worked better with the C-buttons on the N64 than a control stick. I don't really mind the sailing parts of the game so far. Hopefully now that I'm on Dragon Roost Island things will get better.

I never made it past the stupid fortress when I played it years back. To automatically start you off on this lengthy stealth mission, is not the best way to start off a Zelda game.

desocietas

« Reply #2597 on: May 17, 2016, 07:48:53 pm »
I bought Wind Waker HD yesterday on an impulse because I wanted to play it. So far, it's off to a rough start. The game looks and sounds amazing, and had a great first impression, but the Forsaken Fortress section was perhaps the least fun I've had in any of the 3D or 2D Zelda games. The Wind Waker baton is a pain too. It really feels like it would've worked better with the C-buttons on the N64 than a control stick. I don't really mind the sailing parts of the game so far. Hopefully now that I'm on Dragon Roost Island things will get better.

I never made it past the stupid fortress when I played it years back. To automatically start you off on this lengthy stealth mission, is not the best way to start off a Zelda game.

The stealth mission was what prevented me from ever playing the game. I failed the stealth part so much, I rage quit and never picked the game back up again. Not interested in Zelda games anyway, so it just confirmed it.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2598 on: May 17, 2016, 07:50:52 pm »

The stealth mission was what prevented me from ever playing the game. I failed the stealth part so much, I rage quit and never picked the game back up again. Not interested in Zelda games anyway, so it just confirmed it.

Most of the Zelda series, is not stealth.

desocietas

« Reply #2599 on: May 17, 2016, 07:52:55 pm »
Heh, yeah, everyone's told me that once it's done, it's a great game. Just never found the series appealing for some reason though... Tried Ocarina of Time on 3DS and couldn't get into it either.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2600 on: May 17, 2016, 08:18:45 pm »
^ lol, ironically, the other one I wasn't the fondest of. I'm a MUCH bigger fan of the 2D entries.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2601 on: May 18, 2016, 01:20:54 am »
Getting a bit bored with New Leaf, might need a new 3ds game soon. Enjoying Sunset overdrive.

Fallout 4 DLC drops thursday, so ill be returning to ps4 soon.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

jsoup

« Reply #2602 on: May 18, 2016, 12:27:59 pm »
Been working on Final Fantasy Type-0 and thank god I'm near the end. This game is terrible.
Obviously the cure is more Final Fantasy 13.

gf78

« Reply #2603 on: May 19, 2016, 11:39:27 am »
Broke down and ended my streak of non-gaming with Doom the other day.  Love this game.  It is so satisfying gunning demons into kibbles, stomping their heads and ripping their limbs off.  And chainsawing a hapless bastard demon in two never gets old!   ;D
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

desocietas

« Reply #2604 on: May 19, 2016, 12:32:10 pm »
Broke down and ended my streak of non-gaming with Doom the other day.  Love this game.  It is so satisfying gunning demons into kibbles, stomping their heads and ripping their limbs off.  And chainsawing a hapless bastard demon in two never gets old!   ;D

The few secrets I've seen uncovered were pretty cool - glad you're enjoying it! I thought it would be repetitive for the player, but everyone I've heard from says that it may look repetitive but it's still fun and satisfying every time they kill something.

If anything, the bf doesn't care much for the multiplayer.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #2605 on: May 19, 2016, 02:37:07 pm »

The few secrets I've seen uncovered were pretty cool - glad you're enjoying it! I thought it would be repetitive for the player, but everyone I've heard from says that it may look repetitive but it's still fun and satisfying every time they kill something.

If anything, the bf doesn't care much for the multiplayer.

I haven't touched the multiplayer and I'm in no hurry to.  I'll try it out but I don't think it will be my focus.  The map building seems pretty cool from the levels I have tried out.

As for the game being repetitive, it moves so fast and demons are running in your face faster than you can pull the trigger...there's no time to notice it being repetitive!   :o  You are blasting away, running, performing glory kills to get health & ammo...you honestly don't have time to stop.  It's Doom.  It's perfect.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

soera

« Reply #2606 on: May 19, 2016, 03:12:01 pm »
Just finished Bravely Second so looking for the next title to occupy me til Sept. I picked up Valkyria the day I finished Second so it may be a sign.

Also been messing around with Zombie Vikings with the boy. Its pretty fun and goofy.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #2607 on: May 19, 2016, 10:46:11 pm »
Heh, yeah, everyone's told me that once it's done, it's a great game. Just never found the series appealing for some reason though... Tried Ocarina of Time on 3DS and couldn't get into it either.

Coming from someone who adores Wind Waker, the stealth section is pretty tedious. I remember it being my very first exposure to Zelda when I played it on a Gamecube demo disk back in the day, and it took me years to give it a fair chance seeing as I was also one of those dweebs who dismissed it for its cartoony art style. No harm in disliking Zelda, though. It's not for everyone.

I just completed my first full playthrough of the original Dark Souls and man, what a game. It took me about a month to get the hang of its unique brand of difficulty (and don't get me started on all the abandoned playthroughs I've left behind in the two years or so since I bought it), but it was worth it. Probably one of my favorite games to come out in the last decade. The lore sucked me right in. Love love love the level design. As soon as I get the platinum trophy, I'm picking up the sequels.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

soera

« Reply #2608 on: May 20, 2016, 12:09:21 am »
Well, I did start playing Valkyria ... Very cool fight style and going to be a good game.

Also went ahead and gave another title a shot Ive been thinking about: Saturday morning RPG. Man, this one is a blast. Its going to take quite a bit of my time!

kashell

« Reply #2609 on: May 20, 2016, 08:48:33 am »
I just completed my first full playthrough of the original Dark Souls and man, what a game. It took me about a month to get the hang of its unique brand of difficulty (and don't get me started on all the abandoned playthroughs I've left behind in the two years or so since I bought it), but it was worth it. Probably one of my favorite games to come out in the last decade. The lore sucked me right in. Love love love the level design. As soon as I get the platinum trophy, I'm picking up the sequels.

I love reading this. Dark Souls was my game of the year last year. The platinum trophy can be difficult to get, but man is the effort worth it.

Well, I did start playing Valkyria ... Very cool fight style and going to be a good game.

Did you play the original on the PS3?