Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514938 times)

gf78

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2610 on: May 20, 2016, 10:09:32 am »
I just completed my first full playthrough of the original Dark Souls and man, what a game. It took me about a month to get the hang of its unique brand of difficulty (and don't get me started on all the abandoned playthroughs I've left behind in the two years or so since I bought it), but it was worth it. Probably one of my favorite games to come out in the last decade. The lore sucked me right in. Love love love the level design. As soon as I get the platinum trophy, I'm picking up the sequels.

I love reading this. Dark Souls was my game of the year last year. The platinum trophy can be difficult to get, but man is the effort worth it.

Well, I did start playing Valkyria ... Very cool fight style and going to be a good game.

Did you play the original on the PS3?

Probably not.  The PS3 library is trash and you should just throw the games away.   ::)  Oh wait...it's soera so he knows a good game when he sees it. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

kashell

« Reply #2611 on: May 20, 2016, 10:49:18 am »
I just completed my first full playthrough of the original Dark Souls and man, what a game. It took me about a month to get the hang of its unique brand of difficulty (and don't get me started on all the abandoned playthroughs I've left behind in the two years or so since I bought it), but it was worth it. Probably one of my favorite games to come out in the last decade. The lore sucked me right in. Love love love the level design. As soon as I get the platinum trophy, I'm picking up the sequels.

I love reading this. Dark Souls was my game of the year last year. The platinum trophy can be difficult to get, but man is the effort worth it.

Well, I did start playing Valkyria ... Very cool fight style and going to be a good game.

Did you play the original on the PS3?

Probably not.  The PS3 library is trash and you should just throw the games away.   ::)  Oh wait...it's soera so he knows a good game when he sees it.

Soera knows what's up. Even if he doesn't like the game, he wouldn't throw it away. He would use it as a drink coaster. Reduce, reuse, recycle!

shepard11

« Reply #2612 on: May 20, 2016, 01:31:34 pm »
I'm still playing Final Fantasy HD (Vita) and it came to realize how broke Yojimbo Aeon is. I killed one of the last bosses with one hit with him. Why didn't I realize this earlier in the game.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #2613 on: May 20, 2016, 03:00:07 pm »

Not looking forward to the Knight's Honor trophy, but I'm having a lot of fun exploring everything this game has to offer. I missed so much the first time through. I think the main reason I was having trouble at the start is because I was choosing classes that didn't match my play style. A lot of people told me to go Knight or Warrior for my first playthrough since they can take so much damage compared to the others, but I found more success with Wanderer because I prefer characters with quick running speeds and melee attacks. I think I'll try out some sorceries the second time through.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

kashell

« Reply #2614 on: May 20, 2016, 03:05:21 pm »

Not looking forward to the Knight's Honor trophy, but I'm having a lot of fun exploring everything this game has to offer. I missed so much the first time through. I think the main reason I was having trouble at the start is because I was choosing classes that didn't match my play style. A lot of people told me to go Knight or Warrior for my first playthrough since they can take so much damage compared to the others, but I found more success with Wanderer because I prefer characters with quick running speeds and melee attacks. I think I'll try out some sorceries the second time through.

Yeah, find a build or type that matches your play style.

Or, you can go completely outside of your comfort zone and try something new. That's what I did. I started with a pyromancer and had a blast incinerating everything that crossed me. I never dabbled much with sorceries or miracles, but they look like a lot of fun.

The Knight's Honor trophy will probably be the last one you get before the platinum. Did you get the Soul of Ornstein or Soul of Smough during your first run? Hopefully you got the Soul of Ornstein, since the NG+ bosses are even more difficult than they are the first time through.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #2615 on: May 20, 2016, 08:46:06 pm »
I used a few pyromancies in my first run, but I never used any sorceries or miracles. Currently putting some souls into faith and intelligence to put a stop to that.

I got Ornstein's soul, fortunately. I've heard it can be near-impossible to get on NG+. I'm having more trouble cutting off Seath's tail.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

« Reply #2616 on: May 21, 2016, 01:21:49 am »
working my way through the uncharted games. just finished the first one.

azure

« Reply #2617 on: May 21, 2016, 04:53:43 pm »
Replaying Dark Souls, and replaying EDF Insect Armageddon as well.

kashell

« Reply #2618 on: May 21, 2016, 08:05:25 pm »
I used a few pyromancies in my first run, but I never used any sorceries or miracles. Currently putting some souls into faith and intelligence to put a stop to that.

I got Ornstein's soul, fortunately. I've heard it can be near-impossible to get on NG+. I'm having more trouble cutting off Seath's tail.

Seath's tail...good lord that was a pain. It's not hard, per se, but it takes a longer than it should in comparison to the rest of the tail weapons. Keep at it. FWIW, I used a spell to chop it off instead of a physical attack.

One more thing I've learned is to not bother putting Souls into Faith. I never touched it and didn't have a problem, but that might have been because I never used miracles. I know that you'll need a high faith rating to join a covenant, though.

argyle

« Reply #2619 on: May 23, 2016, 12:08:55 pm »
Anyone here getting Overwatch on PS4? I decided to get it on a whim this weekend & I'd like some decent ppl to play with. I'm not great at shooters, but I'm friendly & play well with others. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #2620 on: May 23, 2016, 06:30:04 pm »
Wind Waker HD is still pissing me off, so I'll probably give that a break and start playing something else.

Probably going to start Valkyria Chronicles Remastered (PS4) next, since Amazon decided to delay the delivery of my PS4 copy of Overwatch by a week for no particularly good reason (even though I have Prime). I cancelled that order and will probably buy it in-store somewhere. Maybe if I'm lucky, they'll still have some posters left at EB. Or, maybe I'll buy it digitally *gasp*, since it's online only anyway.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

telly

« Reply #2621 on: May 23, 2016, 09:19:05 pm »
Still going strong in DQVIII! I'm about 38 hours in, not sure what I want to play alongside it though.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

shepard11

« Reply #2622 on: May 23, 2016, 11:32:28 pm »
So I decided to take a break from FFX (Vita). Stupid Omega Ruins!! So i went into my bin in my closet and pulled out the system I haven't hooked in almost 15 years. My Classic Xbox!! It booted up just as easy and if not quicker than my Xboxone. I ended up playing Burnout Revenge, SNK vs Capcom Chaos, Guilty Gear XX, Street Fighter Collection and X-men Next Dimension.  I'm so happy I hooked it back up that I'm going to keep it hooked up in the bed room with my Xbox 360. On a side note I found a copy of Mortal Kombat Deception (inside the machine itself) which I don't remember buying the regular edition. 

kashell

« Reply #2623 on: May 24, 2016, 08:13:46 am »
I'm still in Chapter 11 of Final Fantasy XIII, but I wanted to play something alongside it. So, I started Onimusha Warlords. Despite the tank-like controls, this is a great game. The sound of Sama's sword thwacking into enemy flesh is so satisfying.

doafan

« Reply #2624 on: May 24, 2016, 02:54:24 pm »

After years of being stored in a shoe box keeping dust I decided to give it a second try to the game Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds where have to say that the title isn't that bad as a lot of people say that it is, am currently trying to get as much achievements as I can cause really want to reach the 10,000 points this year to bad that I need to renew my Live subscription just to earn a couple more also it's fucking worst that Capcom lost Marvel license dunno how the hell but I did manage to get the DLC of Jill Valentine but I did miss the Hentai dude  >:(

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy