Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514911 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2640 on: June 09, 2016, 04:02:59 pm »
I guess I could always get Symphonia on the actual Gamecube, but it's just cheaper on the PS3. I didn't know about the slow down though! I've played it before and I don't remember any problems personally.

Also, how long is Golden Sun?

2 full GBA games to complete the story. There is a 3rd game, but you can play that one by itself.

« Reply #2641 on: June 09, 2016, 04:37:11 pm »
Basically just playing Overwatch every day right now.  I usually play till I get a level, open the loot box, and then take a break.  Generally a casual level or two a day.  It's such a great game to just jump into if I got a podcast or youtube video to watch.

Also trying to...buh...get through Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus.  I wanted a dumb game, I got a real dumb game, but it's lazier and more shallow than I expected lol Really regretting grabbing this on PC lol

doafan

« Reply #2642 on: June 14, 2016, 03:41:39 pm »
Started this weekend to play Resident Evil 5 where after some playing sessions finally managed to play it, practically was taking some rest at every checkpoint that I reached with this technique was able to complete the Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape missions, this title and the sixth part always gave me a headache and starts to fill dizzy after a couple of minutes of game play, guess that am ready to start the story mode, am also playing DmC: Devil May Cry am currently at the last stage or at least I think that it's the last one cause am gonna fight against Mundus and the last one that am playing is Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3, haven't finished this one and only because I want to obtain all the treasures first but two of them are kinda impossible to be found, haven't seen any longplay for the simply reason that need to complete this title at its 100% by myself.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

kashell

« Reply #2643 on: June 16, 2016, 08:24:59 am »
I'm about to start my third file of Akiba's Trip, this time with the intent of getting Rin's ending.

I also started Onimusha 3: Demon Siege.

« Reply #2644 on: June 16, 2016, 03:37:20 pm »
Playing the Resident Evil remake for the first time. love it so far.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2645 on: June 16, 2016, 03:39:20 pm »

Great game! The lighting effects were quite amazing for the time.

maximo310

« Reply #2646 on: June 17, 2016, 12:01:56 am »
I guess I could always get Symphonia on the actual Gamecube, but it's just cheaper on the PS3. I didn't know about the slow down though! I've played it before and I don't remember any problems personally.

I'm not sure about what happened, but the original Gamecube version is 60 fps, the PS2 version ( which the ps3 port is based on) is capped at 30 fps with some framedips during dungeons according to people who played Chronicles.
You can't go wrong with either version personally, the gc version has dropped heavily in price over the last few years due to the ps3 and steam version available.

telly

« Reply #2647 on: June 17, 2016, 12:33:33 am »

I need to get my discs resurfaced, but I was planning on playing the RE remake soon as well!

I'm not sure about what happened, but the original Gamecube version is 60 fps, the PS2 version ( which the ps3 port is based on) is capped at 30 fps with some framedips during dungeons according to people who played Chronicles.
You can't go wrong with either version personally, the gc version has dropped heavily in price over the last few years due to the ps3 and steam version available.

That's interesting, I think I played a solid 15 hours and didn't notice any slow downs. I may just not have noticed or was in the wrong dungeon. Still not sure about which version would be best to get.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

maximo310

« Reply #2648 on: June 17, 2016, 01:58:08 am »

That's interesting, I think I played a solid 15 hours and didn't notice any slow downs. I may just not have noticed or was in the wrong dungeon. Still not sure about which version would be best to get.

It doesn't happen too often on the ps3 version; it honestly doesn't make too much of a difference gameplaywise since the combat system is still pretty responsive.
Pricewise, it looks like Chronicles is usually at $15, however looking at vgpc listings, you might be able to find cib gamecube copies for $15-20.
Skip the steam version; it seems to be locked at 30 fps at the ps3 port, and has even more problems than the ps3 version. I'd still reccomend the gc version even just for the 60 fps, just because it feels like the way the game was meant to be played.

kashell

« Reply #2649 on: June 17, 2016, 08:13:51 am »

I've gone through both versions multiple times and will tell you that I never, ever noticed a difference. No matter which version you play, Symphonia is a gorgeous game.

telly

« Reply #2650 on: June 17, 2016, 10:53:58 am »

I've gone through both versions multiple times and will tell you that I never, ever noticed a difference. No matter which version you play, Symphonia is a gorgeous game.

Yeah, price wise it's only about a 5$ difference between the two versions. I think I'm leaning towards the PS3 version since that's the platform I originally started the game on (even though I lost my old save file). Is Dawn of the New World make a difference for the PS3 version at all?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 11:00:10 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #2651 on: June 17, 2016, 11:22:54 am »

Yeah, price wise it's only about a 5$ difference between the two versions. I think I'm leaning towards the PS3 version since that's the platform I originally started the game on (even though I lost my old save file). Is Dawn of the New World make a difference for the PS3 version at all?

I haven't bothered with Dawn of the New World on the PS3 since I didn't like it on the Wii, so I'm not sure about the answer to that.

doafan

« Reply #2652 on: June 17, 2016, 01:54:16 pm »

Which one ?, I loved the one at the Game Cube but the HD is fucking insane,  I really need to add into my collection  :o

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

desocietas

« Reply #2653 on: June 17, 2016, 04:53:12 pm »

Which one ?, I loved the one at the Game Cube but the HD is fucking insane,  I really need to add into my collection  :o

The remake really does look beautiful. It maintains what makes the GC version great but just updates the textures into a beautiful game. I think you also get the option to change the control setup so that you aren't on tank controls like the original, but I can't recall for sure at the moment.

I'm still in the middle of several games (of course!) but with the excitement over Persona 5, I'm really jonesing to play the original Persona on PSP again. I played it for a few hours before but didn't get too far. I have component cables to play it on my computer monitor, so I might fire it up tonight  ;D
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 04:54:43 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

spac316

« Reply #2654 on: June 18, 2016, 03:35:52 pm »
I've played through Doom '16 on XBox One.