Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514977 times)

HarvestDude

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2655 on: June 19, 2016, 12:38:01 am »
I´ve finished the new Doom about a week ago, watched some movies and now i´m back for some gaming. As an ancient Doom fan, i loved the new game and i will get back to it so i can get every secret and upgrade.

Trying to finish Snes' StarFox for the first time... just got a japanese copy. Amazing game for its time.

Gotta restart Metal Gear Rising. I just started it and dropped it and i can't remember a thing.

Also, i'm trying to get back to an advanced save on Super Mario RPG. Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light also needs my attention after a long time without playing it.

And at last, i'm trying to make my team to win the FIFA Club World Cup on Ps3's PES 2015.

HarvestDude™

kashell

« Reply #2656 on: June 20, 2016, 10:39:36 am »
I'm kickin' it old school. I'm playing Final Fantasy Mystic Quest.

desocietas

« Reply #2657 on: June 20, 2016, 01:44:16 pm »
I'm just started playing Persona on the PSP... I can't believe this game is 20 years old but sometimes, yeah, I can definitely believe it >.<

I'm enjoying it - played it for about 9 hours straight yesterday and not tired of it yet.  Feels so good to play something on my PSP again and finally making use of my component cables!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

azure

« Reply #2658 on: June 20, 2016, 03:20:08 pm »
I'm just started playing Persona on the PSP... I can't believe this game is 20 years old but sometimes, yeah, I can definitely believe it >.<

I'm enjoying it - played it for about 9 hours straight yesterday and not tired of it yet.  Feels so good to play something on my PSP again and finally making use of my component cables!
The only problem I have with the Persona port on PSP is the music change. Very happy there is an audio option in P2: IS for the original soundtrack, albeit its just remixed tracks as opposed to the whole new OST they did with Persona 1. The component cables for the PSP are very nice, I've got a lot of mileage out of mine. Have fun and check out the P2 duology next if you can/haven't, my personal favorite in the series.

desocietas

« Reply #2659 on: June 20, 2016, 03:35:57 pm »

The only problem I have with the Persona port on PSP is the music change. Very happy there is an audio option in P2: IS for the original soundtrack, albeit its just remixed tracks as opposed to the whole new OST they did with Persona 1. The component cables for the PSP are very nice, I've got a lot of mileage out of mine. Have fun and check out the P2 duology next if you can/haven't, my personal favorite in the series.

So far the music is great for me but the repetitive battle music sometimes can't be tuned out, ha.  I do indeed own the P2 games (IS on PSP and EP on PS1) and hopefully will not be burnt out on Persona by the time I'm done with 1!  The animation sequences for the PSP port are pretty nice, too, but I haven't seen any footage from the original PS1 version.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #2660 on: June 20, 2016, 06:30:30 pm »
Bought the Mega Man Legacy collection on PS4 and started going through that since I never really beat the old Mega Man games at all and I'm positive I never played anything past either 2 or 3.  A lot of those old NES games I just never beat because of difficulty when I was young and it'll be interesting to see how the series progressed on the NES.

Though a small question on perhaps how they are playing the game, but is it just emulation with stuff over top? I was kinda bummed the game still has slow down and had hoped that might change, but I guess that would require them building the game from scratch and I'm sure this package did not go that far effort wise.  Easier to just make it crisp and clean and toss on extra features into the bundle.

azure

« Reply #2661 on: June 20, 2016, 06:35:38 pm »

So far the music is great for me but the repetitive battle music sometimes can't be tuned out, ha.  I do indeed own the P2 games (IS on PSP and EP on PS1) and hopefully will not be burnt out on Persona by the time I'm done with 1!  The animation sequences for the PSP port are pretty nice, too, but I haven't seen any footage from the original PS1 version.
I feel the atmospheric OST of the original Persona 1 fits it much better than the Jpop in the PSP port. It's really a shame we didn't get the updated EP on PSP in English, the slooowwww system of the original PS1 version is hard to go back to after the revamped ports.

desocietas

« Reply #2662 on: June 20, 2016, 06:40:03 pm »

I feel the atmospheric OST of the original Persona 1 fits it much better than the Jpop in the PSP port. It's really a shame we didn't get the updated EP on PSP in English, the slooowwww system of the original PS1 version is hard to go back to after the revamped ports.

Ahhh, I see.  I'll have to look for the OST of the original. The J-pop doesn't bother me too much since it's similar to what goes on for the later games, but then again, it doesn't match the visual style anymore.  Yeah, I was really sad that we didn't get IS/EP as a combined port or a dual-pack or something, but at least they're now both available in English, so I can't whine too much.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #2663 on: June 21, 2016, 01:49:22 am »
Wow, I don't remember playing Mega Man 1 before.  The level design in this is pure trash lol Particularly Ice Man right now.  It feels like I'm playing an arcade game with how cheap it is, like it's trying to devour quarters it can't have.  Hopefully I'm remembering Mega Man 2 being better than this.

kashell

« Reply #2664 on: June 21, 2016, 08:17:55 am »
As a side game, I decided to start up The World Ends With You. I played it a while ago when it was first released, but I didn't get very far for some reason. I think I was put off by the needlessly complex controls and the tiny font. I'm having more fun with it now, but I hate that you have to use the stylus for everything. I can only imagine that things are going to get harder. Since the stylus isn't as responsive as a control pad I'm wondering how frustrating the later parts will be.

« Reply #2665 on: June 21, 2016, 04:39:18 pm »
Been playing Devil May Cry. Ps2 version not the reboot.

telly

« Reply #2666 on: June 22, 2016, 08:19:44 pm »
Going to play Golden Sun now! Excited to get some use out of my Game Boy Player. Also my friends and I are back into playing Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles; we're almost done with it :D
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #2667 on: June 23, 2016, 03:04:08 am »
Got the Bloodstained E3 Demo and played through that real quick.  It's nice, very simple right now, but it works and you get a good feel of things.  Basically have you played Symphony of the Night? That's what this is.  It's a slightly slower version of that, but it's solid enough to get the idea cross.  Will be a cool game when it is done.

maximo310

« Reply #2668 on: June 23, 2016, 12:40:05 pm »
Started working on Eschatos for X360 after finishing up Broforce. It's more of a shmup three pack with Eschatos, Judgement Silversword, and Cardinal Sins on the disc.
All of them have great music and gameplay, Eschatos especially has several different modes to chose from including time attack and endless mode ( already got a clear with that).

Flashback2012

« Reply #2669 on: June 23, 2016, 01:37:26 pm »
I've been *TRYING* to play Diablo III but my computer is giving me fits where it will randomly just turn off.  >:(

I'm trying to determine if it's the graphics card or the PSU that's causing the shut down. I've got a GPU temperature monitor program running and the GPU doesn't seem to go over 55C which is considered a somewhat normal temperature from what I've read.