Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514843 times)

shepard11

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2670 on: June 23, 2016, 06:07:33 pm »
I've been in a weird mood for old school wrestling games so I've been playing WWE Smackdown! vs Raw 2006 (PS2) and WWE Wrestlemania X8 (GC). Then when I need a palette cleanser I play either Super Mario Land 2 on my Super Game Boy or Mario Kart Wii.

« Reply #2671 on: June 23, 2016, 06:53:36 pm »
I've been in a weird mood for old school wrestling games so I've been playing WWE Smackdown! vs Raw 2006 (PS2) and WWE Wrestlemania X8 (GC). Then when I need a palette cleanser I play either Super Mario Land 2 on my Super Game Boy or Mario Kart Wii.

That's funny because recently a buddy of mine was talking about old wrestling shows from the 90's and it got me in the mood for old wrestling games too. Played some wwf war zone. And been hunting down some wrestling games I don't have.

soera

« Reply #2672 on: June 23, 2016, 08:46:35 pm »
Been plugging away at Mighty no 9. The game is fun but fucking frustrating. Some of the levels are worse than anything Ive ever seen on Mega Man.

kashell

« Reply #2673 on: June 24, 2016, 08:11:16 am »
Mighty No. 9 was finally released?

It's about god damn time!

rayne315

« Reply #2674 on: June 24, 2016, 10:04:38 am »

and that's why I don't crowd fund concepts... it will take years to come out.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #2675 on: June 24, 2016, 10:51:18 am »

and that's why I don't crowd fund concepts... it will take years to come out.

I personally don't mind the wait as long as it's not one delay after another. I have plenty of games to play currently so I see the occasional crowdfund something like a preorder that may or may not work out.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2676 on: June 24, 2016, 11:14:13 am »

The PS2 Smackdown games are great because they still have pretty simple gameplay, but started adding storyline modes, too.

« Reply #2677 on: June 24, 2016, 09:58:22 pm »
Starting into Tokyo Mirage Sessions and enjoying it so far.  It's a straight forward turn based JRPG, but it's colorful and the UI stuff looks great.  Also sorta doubles as an anime since it has anime cutscenes at times.  I was wanting a JRPG to enjoy after I abandoned Xenoblade Chronicles X, and this might fit that part as modern Tokyo and J-Pop has a certain charm to it for me.

kashell

« Reply #2678 on: June 25, 2016, 11:50:46 am »
I started Time Stalkers for the Dreamcast since I wanted to play something light while I waited for Star Ocean V. I'm really enjoying it so far. The writing is awesome and I love the artwork by Yoshitaka Tamaki. The music is fantastic, but I'm doubtful I'll find a soundtrack of it anywhere. For a rogue-like, so far it's not too difficult and I've finished the first couple of dungeons. We'll see if this momentum continues, but so far things are going well with it.

azure

« Reply #2679 on: June 25, 2016, 01:51:50 pm »
Seems like I've been going back and finishing up things lately. Jumped back into Yakuza 3 to finish up it to 100%, those minigames can be a pain in the ass sometimes. Just gotta clear EX Hard mode, and some other misc stuff.

stlgamer75

« Reply #2680 on: June 26, 2016, 11:15:58 am »
I'll jump in and add to this thread as a newbie to this forum and website. I'm currently playing games on the Sega CD, specifically Night Trap and Sol Feace. Two very different games for the system, offering up completely different styles of play. As with many Sega CD owners/collectors, I'm searching for a copy of Snatcher that doesn't break the bank. Good luck, I know.

Check out my retro gaming blog, Cartridge Corner
https://stlgamer75.wordpress.com

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2681 on: June 27, 2016, 10:10:52 am »
I'll jump in and add to this thread as a newbie to this forum and website. I'm currently playing games on the Sega CD, specifically Night Trap and Sol Feace. Two very different games for the system, offering up completely different styles of play. As with many Sega CD owners/collectors, I'm searching for a copy of Snatcher that doesn't break the bank. Good luck, I know.

Welcome to the party!  Hit up the Intro Thread to tell us something about STL!

desocietas

« Reply #2682 on: June 27, 2016, 06:47:37 pm »
Welcome, stlgamer75!

Good luck for the search for Snatcher :)

With the coming release of Zero Time Dilemma, I'm going back to 999 to see if I can get the rest of the endings. I still have to play Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward :/
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

davifus

« Reply #2683 on: June 28, 2016, 05:06:44 pm »
Tokyo Mirage
Kind of a buffer game till Persona 5. This game is making me want to replay P3 & P4.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

telly

« Reply #2684 on: June 29, 2016, 10:45:21 pm »
I started the campaign again in Ace Combat 5, trying to get all the skins, planes and medals. I'm also doing the Arcade mode, which is really really fun; you get to be Mobius 1 again from AC04!

Oh man, I love this game so much
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery