Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514854 times)

kashell

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2685 on: June 30, 2016, 09:42:52 am »
I started Robo Kirby. I know that's not the official title, but damn is it fun to say "Robo Kirby." As expected, it's adorable and enjoyable.

« Reply #2686 on: July 02, 2016, 12:42:18 am »
Played through the story mode for Sreet Fighter V last night and while it isn't awful, it's rather poor.  It has some charming and memorable moments and cool surprises that much bigger SF fans will love, but it's very clearly a rush job.  Transitions between scenes are jarring along with have fairly significant amounts of loading between every scene and fight.  There's a number of "jobber" fights against scrubs that should have been removed, because they are clearly just characters with almost no movesets or are just borrowing bits from certain characters.  They are mostly there to pad out the story.  Physics go nuts during the scenes with hair and clothing.  They laughably freak out.  It shows how much rushing when towards the end of the game, the use background models for stages in a fight against Bison, but they are like practically PS1 level polygonal models that were never meant to be seen up close and look real goofy.

It's like a 6/10 at best, maybe a 7 if you just super love Street Fighter, but it objectively isn't a great story and has a number of issues.

shepard11

« Reply #2687 on: July 02, 2016, 04:17:46 pm »
I started Robo Kirby. I know that's not the official title, but damn is it fun to say "Robo Kirby." As expected, it's adorable and enjoyable.

Is that game worth it I had it in my hand yesterday and I put it down. I love Kirby games and the last 3DS was a blast.

kashell

« Reply #2688 on: July 06, 2016, 09:01:06 am »

Is that game worth it I had it in my hand yesterday and I put it down. I love Kirby games and the last 3DS was a blast.

If you love Kirby games, then absolutely yes.

spac316

« Reply #2689 on: July 06, 2016, 02:52:55 pm »
I'm still playing Halo 5, really liking the new Warzone Firefight mode that they recently added.

I'm also getting into both Lumines 1&2 for PSP lately. Never played them till recenly...eh, better late than never.

« Reply #2690 on: July 06, 2016, 03:10:31 pm »
I started playing Demon's Souls over the weekend on my super slim ps3, but now that my BC PS3 is repaired, I want to play it on my BC PS3, but I have to wait 24 hours after uploading my save data to be able to play the game.  This is so weak.

Hopefully tonight at 7:02pm I will be able to play Demon's Souls again.

azure

« Reply #2691 on: July 06, 2016, 03:28:14 pm »
I started playing Demon's Souls over the weekend on my super slim ps3, but now that my BC PS3 is repaired, I want to play it on my BC PS3, but I have to wait 24 hours after uploading my save data to be able to play the game.  This is so weak.

Demon's Souls is a great game, hope you enjoy it. Can't tell you how many Guts runs I've done.

« Reply #2692 on: July 06, 2016, 04:05:56 pm »

Demon's Souls is a great game, hope you enjoy it. Can't tell you how many Guts runs I've done.
I was planning on strictly playing this game with my wife's cousin, but I'm liking the game so much that I want to start playing it by myself.  I think we beat the first 2 bosses, made it to the 1-2 boss, and the 3-1 boss.

I'm really feeling it.

azure

« Reply #2693 on: July 06, 2016, 04:09:37 pm »

I was planning on strictly playing this game with my wife's cousin, but I'm liking the game so much that I want to start playing it by myself.  I think we beat the first 2 bosses, made it to the 1-2 boss, and the 3-1 boss.

I'm really feeling it.
It's the unpopular opinion, but I like the hub world it has. Don't get me wrong I love the seamless connected world of the other Souls games, but the hub world just sits with me well for some reason.

kashell

« Reply #2694 on: July 06, 2016, 04:09:50 pm »
Demon's Souls is such a good game. I am so glad to see that you're enjoying it so far. I seriously think that they could make an entire game with The Tower of Latria; that place is so creepy and awesome.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2695 on: July 07, 2016, 10:40:00 am »
Sweet Baby Jesus!  Why did no one tell me how badass Rocket League is?!  This game is a blast.  I suck at it, but damn is it fun.

soera

« Reply #2696 on: July 07, 2016, 11:39:39 am »
I just bought it myself. Picked me up a headset yesterday and going to try to play it today.

desocietas

« Reply #2697 on: July 07, 2016, 01:59:32 pm »
Sweet Baby Jesus!  Why did no one tell me how badass Rocket League is?!  This game is a blast.  I suck at it, but damn is it fun.

Hahah, yeah I had a lot of friends who wouldn't stop playing it when it first came out. Not my thing, but I love when wholesome games like that provide so much enjoyment for folks.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #2698 on: July 07, 2016, 02:14:19 pm »
Rocket League is fun, played that for a solid week when it came out on PSN.

Just started playing the Klonoa GBA game, well the first one.

I didn't try to copy my Demon's Souls data over the other day, but my wife's cousin is coming over tomorrow, and I can't be waiting 24 hours between play sessions to keep swapping back and forth between PS3s.  So I guess I'm sticking to playing Demon's Souls on my non-BC PS3.

doafan

« Reply #2699 on: July 07, 2016, 02:30:12 pm »
Am currently playing Resident Evil 6 mainly because of Sherry, really want to unlock her outfit from RE2 and even when last week I finished Resident Evil 5 am still playing this title, need to find all the emblems to see Sheva wearing the Tribal costume  :-*

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy