Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514902 times)

necrosexual

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2700 on: July 07, 2016, 03:46:30 pm »
<blockquote rel="desocietas">I got my new Android phone</blockquote>

@desocietas you did remember to download this amazing game collecting app by VGCollect right?

i downloaded it but it crashes when i try to search for things(((
nice to have a word-list tho. easily accessible when i'm out. too bad search function and my phone hate one another lol

on topic: happy home designer, disgaea 4 vita and kinda dragon's dogma

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

pacpix

« Reply #2701 on: July 07, 2016, 04:04:46 pm »
Yeah the Android app has been left in an incomplete beta state for quite a while now.  The staff here have got to test an updated version and it is really nice, but still a work in progress.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2702 on: July 09, 2016, 03:15:40 pm »

This game has some terrible reviews online. I didn't think it was bad. I only tried out the first level, but it was fun enough for a 3D beat-em up. It also changes the gameplay up a little with magic-spells and beat-riding attacks, so it's not just mashing the attacking button.

Now, had I paid full price when it came out, I would be a bit upset. It feels like a game that's a generation behind; like it should have been released on the PS2 or original XBox. But since I'm a retro-gamer anyways, and I paid under $10 for it, that didn't bother me.

« Reply #2703 on: July 10, 2016, 01:03:38 pm »
Kind of alternating between Breath of Fire on GBA and God Eater Resurrection on Vita

desocietas

« Reply #2704 on: July 10, 2016, 03:46:14 pm »
Kind of alternating between Breath of Fire on GBA and God Eater Resurrection on Vita

How are you  liking GE:R? I figure I'll get it when I get GE2.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

shepard11

« Reply #2705 on: July 10, 2016, 04:28:25 pm »
I've been playing Destiny and Red Dead Redemption on xboxone.

sin2beta

« Reply #2706 on: July 10, 2016, 07:03:05 pm »
I am currently playing Tropico 4 after picking it up on the steam store. Played 15 hours in the last 3 days. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

This game has some terrible reviews online. I didn't think it was bad. I only tried out the first level, but it was fun enough for a 3D beat-em up. It also changes the gameplay up a little with magic-spells and beat-riding attacks, so it's not just mashing the attacking button.

Now, had I paid full price when it came out, I would be a bit upset. It feels like a game that's a generation behind; like it should have been released on the PS2 or original XBox. But since I'm a retro-gamer anyways, and I paid under $10 for it, that didn't bother me.

This was my take on the game as well. I think it is a solid buy for a cheap used game. Hardly a horrible game. I think if they made the game shorter (it does go on a tad too long) and made it a budget release, it would have been decently well received.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #2707 on: July 10, 2016, 07:23:47 pm »

How are you  liking GE:R? I figure I'll get it when I get GE2.

Its a crazily polished version of Burst eith alot of ported assets from 2. No one suffers from what i call "flat anime face" like they did on the PSP. Plus all the new customization options and weapons are great. Yeah I'm gonna be getting it for free anyway on ps4 when I get my copy of 2 but I reeeeally didnt want to wait lol

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2708 on: July 10, 2016, 08:09:58 pm »

This is what I've been playing today.

Great Zelda-esque adventure game for the SNES!

I can't believe I didn't add this to my game library sooner.

« Reply #2709 on: July 10, 2016, 10:52:20 pm »

This is what I've been playing today.

Great Zelda-esque adventure game for the SNES!

I can't believe I didn't add this to my game library sooner.
you know you didnt actually say what game that is?

soera

« Reply #2710 on: July 10, 2016, 11:07:37 pm »
Been playing mofakin Rocket League. That shit is badass!

« Reply #2711 on: July 11, 2016, 08:34:21 am »
I decided to play something "new", so I went out and rented Mirror's Edge: Catalyst.

kashell

« Reply #2712 on: July 11, 2016, 10:06:25 am »
Burningdoom is talking about Illusion of Gaia.

Great game, but you gotta hate how Nintendo censored that game to hell.

« Reply #2713 on: July 11, 2016, 10:11:32 am »
Burningdoom is talking about Illusion of Gaia.

Great game, but you gotta hate how Nintendo censored that game to hell.
How so?

You know, for owning nearly 300 SNES games, I've actually only played maybe 20 of them.  Even including ones from my childhood.

kashell

« Reply #2714 on: July 11, 2016, 10:38:18 am »
If memory serves... *MINOR SPOILERS BELOW*

1. One of Will's friends was "killed" by a monster but then gets revived as a spirit. In our version, it says he was transformed into the monster.
2. A cross was removed in the school and replaced with something non-religious.
3. Cannibals and skulls and bones were in the original, but all of that was replaced in our version. I can't recall the are off the top of my head.
4. Will says, "This must what being God feels like" when he is looking at Earth from outer space. This was edited.
5. In the school, the teacher lead the children in prayer. In the US version, he recited an ancient poem.

I'm sure there are more; it's been a long time since I played it.