Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514949 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2715 on: July 11, 2016, 11:17:52 am »
Been playing mofakin Rocket League. That shit is badass!

We need to hook up and play this online.  I suck at it, but I'm having fun.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2716 on: July 11, 2016, 05:08:55 pm »
If memory serves... *MINOR SPOILERS BELOW*

1. One of Will's friends was "killed" by a monster but then gets revived as a spirit. In our version, it says he was transformed into the monster.
2. A cross was removed in the school and replaced with something non-religious.
3. Cannibals and skulls and bones were in the original, but all of that was replaced in our version. I can't recall the are off the top of my head.
4. Will says, "This must what being God feels like" when he is looking at Earth from outer space. This was edited.
5. In the school, the teacher lead the children in prayer. In the US version, he recited an ancient poem.

I'm sure there are more; it's been a long time since I played it.

Minor stuff that doesn't affect the gameplay or story. And pretty normal censoring for the 80s to mid-90s from Nintendo.

kashell

« Reply #2717 on: July 12, 2016, 08:20:44 am »
Nah, gameplay remained unchanged unless the difficulty was adjusted for us.

The first and third points don't impact the overall plot, but they make much more sense in the Japanese and uncensored version. Especially the third one since Will spends a fair amount of the story there.

kashell

« Reply #2718 on: July 12, 2016, 08:38:12 am »
Oh, and I decided to play UNiSON on the side whenever I needed a break from Star Ocean V.

« Reply #2719 on: July 15, 2016, 08:51:25 am »
Rented Homefront: The Revolution.  All I've heard is bad things about the game, but I'm really liking it.

My only complaint is that the game locks up when it is saving, freezes for about 2-3 seconds every time it saves.  Really though, it's just a minor annoyance.

BTW PS4 still sucks.  I got Homefront for PS4 because it was all that was available, I deleted Mirror's Edge Catalyst from my PS4, but somehow I only have 16GB free after deleting the 20 something GB Mirror Edge, so I had to delete 3 more games just so I can play Homefront.

azure

« Reply #2720 on: July 15, 2016, 12:07:07 pm »
I have been playing Dragon Quest IV, the DS remake that is.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2721 on: July 15, 2016, 01:00:18 pm »

My favorite in the series! Love how the individual stories come together into one story.

azure

« Reply #2722 on: July 15, 2016, 02:17:24 pm »

My favorite in the series! Love how the individual stories come together into one story.

Yes! I love how all the stories setup to connect with one another in this one as well. I'm really not sure which DQ is my favorite though, that's a hard question for me.

shepard11

« Reply #2723 on: July 16, 2016, 12:44:36 am »
I started to play Destiny again I don't know what I was thinking. It's 12:44 am EST and I'm seriously debating going for a walk to play Pokemon Go

sithsylar

« Reply #2724 on: July 16, 2016, 01:56:18 am »
Replaying all the Assassin's Creed Games.  Currently Playing Assassin's Creed 2.  Really really enjoying it. 

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #2725 on: July 16, 2016, 02:14:43 am »
Took me the better part of a year to get here, but I finally beat Hard Time Attack mode in Shadow of the Colossus HD, getting me the platinum. Good god, colossus 15 was a pain. I scared my dog half to death when I finally beat him and started shouting at the TV. All this to turn my horse white. I really need to get out more.

I picked up Siren for the PS4 despite having a perfectly good copy on the PS2 because I'm too lazy to fix my PS2's faulty disc drive because I wanted the trophies because I love Siren way too much. Now if only they'd release Siren 2 on the PSN...
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

kashell

« Reply #2726 on: July 18, 2016, 08:44:15 am »
I had to say farewell to The World Ends With You. The controls were just too much for me to handle and the story started to drag.

So! For my portable game of choice, I decided to go with Conception II.

« Reply #2727 on: July 18, 2016, 01:51:30 pm »
Right now I'm play Star Ocean 5 on the PS4 and I think I'm almost done with it. Its okay but nothing about it is inspiring me to stick around and do the bonus dungeon or get the extra endings. Since there isn't really anything current gen on my radar till fall I think I might go replay Xenosaga since I finally got Episode 3. Really surprised Bandai Namco never did an HD collection of that one.

desocietas

« Reply #2728 on: July 18, 2016, 02:11:34 pm »
I had to say farewell to The World Ends With You. The controls were just too much for me to handle and the story started to drag.

So! For my portable game of choice, I decided to go with Conception II.

As much as I love TWEWY, I can see that. I never finished it myself, and I can't say it's for everyone. Just a really interesting niche game, imo.

I couldn't really get into Conception II. I got it and played the demo first to at least get the free DLC, but it dragged too much and didn't make a lot of sense so I didn't even get through the demo.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #2729 on: July 18, 2016, 02:22:23 pm »
Right now I'm play Star Ocean 5 on the PS4 and I think I'm almost done with it. Its okay but nothing about it is inspiring me to stick around and do the bonus dungeon or get the extra endings. Since there isn't really anything current gen on my radar till fall I think I might go replay Xenosaga since I finally got Episode 3. Really surprised Bandai Namco never did an HD collection of that one.

An HD collection of the Xenosaga games would be magnificent. That is a fantastic idea.

As much as I love TWEWY, I can see that. I never finished it myself, and I can't say it's for everyone. Just a really interesting niche game, imo.

I couldn't really get into Conception II. I got it and played the demo first to at least get the free DLC, but it dragged too much and didn't make a lot of sense so I didn't even get through the demo.

Yeah, interesting is the perfect word for it. It's one of the few times Square (and I guess Jupiter) really took a risk with creating a game. I think they took too many risks because there is just too much going on.

What didn't make sense in Conception II? Are there some confusing mechanics or is it just that the story is all over the place? I'll take any advice. I'm still on the first chapter and it already seems like it's throwing a bunch of features at me.