Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514933 times)

desocietas

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2730 on: July 18, 2016, 02:39:45 pm »
What didn't make sense in Conception II? Are there some confusing mechanics or is it just that the story is all over the place? I'll take any advice. I'm still on the first chapter and it already seems like it's throwing a bunch of features at me.

It's possible that the first chapter was better than the demo. I haven't given the actual game a try since dropping the demo :/ The demo just didn't give a lot of direction/ instruction, so I was confused at what was actually happening with the combat. Also, there weren't explanations for what was going on in the exploration of rooms.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #2731 on: July 18, 2016, 03:04:08 pm »
What didn't make sense in Conception II? Are there some confusing mechanics or is it just that the story is all over the place? I'll take any advice. I'm still on the first chapter and it already seems like it's throwing a bunch of features at me.

It's possible that the first chapter was better than the demo. I haven't given the actual game a try since dropping the demo :/ The demo just didn't give a lot of direction/ instruction, so I was confused at what was actually happening with the combat. Also, there weren't explanations for what was going on in the exploration of rooms.

Combat seemed relatively straightforward, but that might change down the road. There does seem to be a hefty amount of stuff to do, though. If I continue to play it I can post some impressions when I get to a later chapter.

I knew there was a demo, but I didn't realize that you could get stuff for completing it.

« Reply #2732 on: July 18, 2016, 04:11:32 pm »
FINALLY started Stick of Truth yesterday. i love it.

desocietas

« Reply #2733 on: July 18, 2016, 04:43:34 pm »
I knew there was a demo, but I didn't realize that you could get stuff for completing it.

It was more of those situations where there was free DLC for the first month or so and if you transfer over your save from the demo, there were some goodies (as well as possible trophies as well). I wonder if it still applies now that the game's been out for a while.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

necrosexual

« Reply #2734 on: July 18, 2016, 07:57:18 pm »
I had to say farewell to The World Ends With You. The controls were just too much for me to handle and the story started to drag.

So! For my portable game of choice, I decided to go with Conception II.

As much as I love TWEWY, I can see that. I never finished it myself, and I can't say it's for everyone. Just a really interesting niche game, imo.

I couldn't really get into Conception II. I got it and played the demo first to at least get the free DLC, but it dragged too much and didn't make a lot of sense so I didn't even get through the demo.

i didn't finish twewy because i had pirated it (i was 16 and poor as shit, one of those "i wouldn't have been able to buy it anyway" situations) but i felt guilty and didn't want to beat it before i owned it.
i own it now and my backlog is so huge that i started, just... going through the beginning again is a huge pain in the ass. so i've not finished.
fantastic game tho. one of those games that is kinda overwhelming for a lot of people like resonance of fate that, for some ungodly reason, clicked with me.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #2735 on: July 18, 2016, 08:56:37 pm »
TWEWY's one of my favorite handheld games if not somewhere in my top ten favorite games ever, but it's definitely not for everyone. The controls take a lot of getting used to even for a DS game, and I always thought the end was anticlimactic. I either ignored controlling my partner altogether or smashed right on the D-pad the entire time I played. Very unique in both its gameplay and presentation, but sometimes I felt like I could only play it properly if I had four hands. I don't blame you guys for dropping it. Some of those boss battles get insane with multitasking.

I finally got my hands on P.T., and even though it's pretty basic even for a teaser, I think it was worth the wait. Lisa has to be one of the most unsettling enemies I've ever seen in a horror game.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

« Reply #2736 on: July 19, 2016, 10:29:56 pm »
So finished Star Ocean V and moving onto Xenosaga Episode 1. I forgot how long the cutscenes were in this series. The graphics and the art style hold up well for a PS2 game though even on my HD TV.

sithsylar

« Reply #2737 on: July 20, 2016, 01:51:13 am »
Almost finished Assassin's Creed Brotherhood will prob finish it tomorrow.  Then i will Start Assassin's Creed Revelations.  :D Can't wait!

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #2738 on: July 20, 2016, 10:34:17 pm »
Thought I'd try Furi. Love what I've seen so far, though I get the feeling that this is going to be one of those games that I enjoy despite being terrible at it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 11:29:03 pm by doctorlaudanum »

« Reply #2739 on: July 20, 2016, 10:45:38 pm »
Wasn't Furi the free PS+ game for this month. How is it? Since it's in my PS+ library thought I might try it out.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #2740 on: July 20, 2016, 11:23:33 pm »
Yes it is, and I recommend it. I don't know how much my response is worth since I don't play many shmups, but I really like the balance between bullet hell and hack 'n' slash. It's all very fast-paced and flashy and just damn fun to play. Not an easy game, though. You will die a lot. It reminds me a bit of Dark Souls, in a way. Very unforgiving, but very rarely unfair. It's all about learning the patterns of the bosses. And even if you don't like it, it's not like you spent anything on it. I'm more than likely going to buy it once my PS+ trial is over.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 11:25:38 pm by doctorlaudanum »

shepard11

« Reply #2741 on: July 23, 2016, 02:29:44 pm »
Been playing Mortal Kombat and Lion King on SNES the last couple nights I don't remember Mortal Kombat being this hard.

« Reply #2742 on: July 24, 2016, 07:44:46 pm »
Yeah the early Mortal Kombat games were rough. Designed to chew though your quarters beating them.  What I never got is that to see the ending you had to beat the game at least on medium. If you put it on easy or very easy you just got a screen saying try playing on a harder difficulty level. As a kid I just wanted to see my favorite fighters ending lol

azure

« Reply #2743 on: July 27, 2016, 10:43:43 am »
Finished Dragon Quest IV, currently doing the post game content.

gf78

« Reply #2744 on: July 27, 2016, 11:52:06 am »
Halo 5 Guardians Super Fiesta mode.  Pure pandemonium as everyone spawns (and respawns) with special weapons.  A couple of the maps, I just take the hammer or energy sword and run laps around the outermost path.  They enemy team must really hate me as I relentlessly rack up triple kills or more.  My old ass can't think of what it says when you kill 4 or more in a row ATM....lol @ old age problems.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us