Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515898 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2745 on: July 27, 2016, 12:43:18 pm »

I started playing Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest. It feels like a sequel to Final Fantasy Adventure, which isn't a bad thing at all. The story is definitely bare-bones, but the gameplay is fun enough.

rayne315

« Reply #2746 on: July 27, 2016, 12:47:23 pm »
im playing octodad and am almost at the end. next will be lost sea. I figured I would run through a bunch of my ps4 games.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #2747 on: July 28, 2016, 12:13:31 am »

I started playing Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest. It feels like a sequel to Final Fantasy Adventure, which isn't a bad thing at all. The story is definitely bare-bones, but the gameplay is fun enough.

The Music is also very good in Mystic Quest. On par with it's parent series. The music alone makes it worth a play-through.

kashell

« Reply #2748 on: July 28, 2016, 08:42:41 am »
I actually finished Mystic Quest for the first time not too long ago. I really enjoyed it. And yeah, that music is wonderful. I think it's better than half of the stuff Uematsu has put out.

shepard11

« Reply #2749 on: July 28, 2016, 12:31:52 pm »
I actually finished Mystic Quest for the first time not too long ago. I really enjoyed it. And yeah, that music is wonderful. I think it's better than half of the stuff Uematsu has put out.

So would ya recommend it? Local shop has it for 10 bucks and I keep eyeballing it everytime I'm in there.

kashell

« Reply #2750 on: July 28, 2016, 01:04:52 pm »

So would ya recommend it? Local shop has it for 10 bucks and I keep eyeballing it everytime I'm in there.

I absolutely recommend it, especially at that price. It's one of the most basic RPGs I have ever played, but I had a great time with it.

If you want more information, you can read this: Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2751 on: July 28, 2016, 01:32:53 pm »

I'm not too far into it. But I've had fun with what I've played so far. So yeah, I'd recommend it, especially for $10. In my area, you're lucky to find any decent SNES game for $10.

shepard11

« Reply #2752 on: July 28, 2016, 04:00:37 pm »

I'm not too far into it. But I've had fun with what I've played so far. So yeah, I'd recommend it, especially for $10. In my area, you're lucky to find any decent SNES game for $10.

My haunt usually has a good one in the cheap bin at least couple times a week. And since I'm there so often they usually call or text me when they do come in. Couple of weeks ago I got F Zero, Dr Mario/Tertis, Lion King, and Aladdin for 4 bucks a piece. Also helps that their store is on the way to my work so it's not even out of my way.

doafan

« Reply #2753 on: July 28, 2016, 04:02:16 pm »
Am currently playing Resident Evil Revelations, my wife is pretty interested in the game and the story of this one so I have to play when she is at home with me she says that doesn't want to miss anything am more interested in seeing the big ass that Jill has in this game anyway with my daughter am playing Sonic and Knuckles at the 360, downloaded the demo a couple of days ago so am teaching my little girl how to pass the two levels that the game offer for free the bad thing is that every time that we encounter or arrive with Doctor Eggman she pass me the controller to help her, am pretty sure that eventually she will kick his ass  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2754 on: July 30, 2016, 12:57:56 am »
I just got Freedom Force installed on my computer. I'm freakin excited.

It's a game set in a universe like the Golden Age of comics. It's cheesy and silly and I love it.

It's on humble bundle right now if you want to give it a shot. It's great.

« Reply #2755 on: July 30, 2016, 10:36:52 am »
Been alternating between Phantom Brave PC and Fallout 4 on Steam. Really gotta play that fall Harbor DLC ><

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2756 on: July 31, 2016, 09:05:12 am »
I'm currently playing through Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. It's not the best portable Metroidvania, but it's still really good.

What's cool about the portable Metroidvanias is after you play through all 6 (Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance, Aria of Sorrow, Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, Order of Ecclesia) you can go back to the first one and it feels like you haven't played it in forever.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2757 on: July 31, 2016, 09:31:55 am »
I'm currently playing through Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. It's not the best portable Metroidvania, but it's still really good.

What's cool about the portable Metroidvanias is after you play through all 6 (Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance, Aria of Sorrow, Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, Order of Ecclesia) you can go back to the first one and it feels like you haven't played it in forever.

Wasn't Ecclesia a level-based one?

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2758 on: July 31, 2016, 10:49:39 am »

Wasn't Ecclesia a level-based one?

Hmmm, I guess it's debatable.
There is a strict level progression to begin with, but you do still use gained abilities to unlock areas in previous levels. And once you visit a level you can revisit it any time, as opposed to a pure level-based game.

So it's just easier to refer to all the games as Metroidvanias instead of "5 Metroidvanias and one that is kinda but not quite" ;)

« Reply #2759 on: July 31, 2016, 09:17:26 pm »
Started a Nuzlocke run of HeartGold. Even being careful I've had too many close calls