Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514867 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2775 on: August 09, 2016, 09:33:29 am »
Most people I've talked to never have anything to say about FFXII.  They've never played it.  It's usually, "I've only ever played 7, it's the only one worth playing", "I stopped playing when they made that kiddie 9 game", "I stopped playing when they started adding in those horrible voice overs", "That franchise really went to hell when they made that fashion dancing game", etc.  I literally don't personally know a single person who has played 12.

kashell

« Reply #2776 on: August 09, 2016, 09:38:30 am »
It sounds like you know some awful people.

Or are these just random folks?

« Reply #2777 on: August 09, 2016, 10:28:19 am »
My wife loves FF, but as far as I'm aware, she's only played 7, 8, and 9.  Maybe 10.  Maybe.  10-2 as well possibly.  I know she played 13 for like 13 minutes.  I've only played 9 and 11.  One day I'll try to gain the patience and play through the games.

It sounds like you know some awful people.

Or are these just random folks?
Both?

Most people I've talked to never have anything to say about FFXII.  They've never played it.  It's usually, "I've only ever played 7, it's the only one worth playing", "I stopped playing when they made that kiddie 9 game", "I stopped playing when they started adding in those horrible voice overs", "That franchise really went to hell when they made that fashion dancing game", etc.  I literally don't personally know a single person who has played 12.
What's this break down to.

7 fanboys
9 haters (same folks who probably said GCN was dumb and for kids)
Weebs who think subs are the only way to go and you should die in a fire if you disagree.
and I guess folks who think X-2 is dumb... so everyone?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 10:33:10 am by ignition365 »

kashell

« Reply #2778 on: August 09, 2016, 11:07:13 am »
You need new company to keep.

Also, I thought FFX-2 was far superior to FFX: girl power, tons of outfits, shojo-styled transformations, tons of camp, and so on. What's not to love?

« Reply #2779 on: August 09, 2016, 11:18:57 am »

Also, I thought FFX-2 was far superior to FFX: girl power, tons of outfits, shojo-styled transformations, tons of camp, and so on. What's not to love?
I think I was told that the story was stupid for x-2, I don't know.

I've generally stayed away from FF because FF fans are usually a bit too intense with their opinions.

kashell

« Reply #2780 on: August 09, 2016, 12:14:50 pm »

I've generally stayed away from FF because FF fans are usually a bit too intense with their opinions.

That's probably for the best.

telly

« Reply #2781 on: August 09, 2016, 12:26:03 pm »

I'm personally not a fan of X-2 partially because of the story, and also because of the drastic change they made to Yuna from FFX. They took the really strong, humble and quiet Yuna from the first game and made her essentially fanservice. It was very jarring after playing through the first game.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 12:27:50 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

« Reply #2782 on: August 09, 2016, 03:26:08 pm »

Funny, XII was probably the first FF I played. I've never played 7 and am not really interested in doing so. I'm psyched about the remake because it looks like they're maintaining a lot of good things about the original and giving us all the international features.

As far as other FFs I've played, it's mostly spinoffs (Tactics A2, Final Fantasy Fables, FF Explorers, etc.) and some of the DS ports. I have a general understanding of things like Cid, moogles, and chocobos, but for storylines of the proper titles? Pretty much nothing :P
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jupiter

« Reply #2783 on: August 11, 2016, 05:17:28 pm »
I begrudgingly went into playing FFXII on a recommendation. I wasn't really excited by trailers and such, but I ended up being surprised by how much I ended up enjoying it. It's definitely up there for top favorite in the series for me. (reminds me that I need to pick it up :(... )

Also, this is great news:
Funny thing is we are getting a HD remake of FFXII next year and it's the Zodiac Job System version that had tons of content added..you know if FFXII wasn't a huge game already. I'm excited for it personally.

As for the topic (it's been a bit de-railed lol); Playing through KOTOR II and Ace Combat 4 again, been ages since I've played either. I think after those two I'll play Morrowind or Rebel Galaxy (this is free on psn currently!)

maximo310

« Reply #2784 on: August 11, 2016, 07:59:50 pm »
Going through some DK: Jungle Beat levels to try to gain back my skills w/ the bongos, and playing Outzone via MAME.

shepard11

« Reply #2785 on: August 12, 2016, 06:35:56 pm »
I've been playing Final Fantasy Tactics on PSP lately. I just can't put that game down.

kashell

« Reply #2786 on: August 13, 2016, 01:31:19 pm »
I've been playing Final Fantasy Tactics on PSP lately. I just can't put that game down.

Excellent choice; such a wonderful game. I hope you keep enjoying it.

shepard11

« Reply #2787 on: August 14, 2016, 01:00:38 am »

Excellent choice; such a wonderful game. I hope you keep enjoying it.

Yeah I kept losing sleep playing that game last night was like okay one more battle then I hit another one and was like what's one more..4am I said man I need to sleep my alarm went off at 8 am. And we were super dead today at work so I looked up how the PSP version and the PS1 versions were different looking forward to unlock the Dark Knight class now. I played this a lot when I was younger now I'm almost 35 and I think the story is really clicking with me I don't know what that says to me. The old days it was like let's smash everything in my way. Now it's like man I better think this bad boy out.

kashell

« Reply #2788 on: August 14, 2016, 03:01:48 pm »
Right? It's so addicting!

The Dark Knight class requires tons of work, but it's absolutely worth it because it's so destructive. Of the two new classes add to the PSP version, the Dark Knight is far superior.

madmax

« Reply #2789 on: August 15, 2016, 04:24:59 pm »
I'm playing "I Am Setsuna" at the moment. I am really enjoying it, although it has a few shortcomings, the nostalgia and beautifully crafted game make up for them. The artwork and music is on point, the story so far is classic, the gameplay and combat are like the older games. Best JRPG I've played in a while.