Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514990 times)

desocietas

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2790 on: August 15, 2016, 05:21:31 pm »
I'm playing "I Am Setsuna" at the moment. I am really enjoying it, although it has a few shortcomings, the nostalgia and beautifully crafted game make up for them. The artwork and music is on point, the story so far is classic, the gameplay and combat are like the older games. Best JRPG I've played in a while.

I'm really hoping this one gets a physical version at some point.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #2791 on: August 16, 2016, 08:25:04 am »
I'm playing "I Am Setsuna" at the moment. I am really enjoying it, although it has a few shortcomings, the nostalgia and beautifully crafted game make up for them. The artwork and music is on point, the story so far is classic, the gameplay and combat are like the older games. Best JRPG I've played in a while.

This.  Especially since it's $40 for a digital game.  It's so hard to justify the price on a digital only title.

kashell

« Reply #2792 on: August 16, 2016, 08:28:38 am »

This.  Especially since it's $40 for a digital game.  It's so hard to justify the price on a digital only title.

Exactly. I would love to play this, but I won't pay 40 dollars for some letters and numbers.

jupiter

« Reply #2793 on: August 19, 2016, 01:06:20 am »

Exactly. I would love to play this, but I won't pay 40 dollars for some letters and numbers.

Well, to be fair all games are just letters and numbers. I completely understand though and do not enjoy buying digital only stuff unless its a pc exclusive - it still sucks then but I'm used to it on that platform I guess.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2794 on: August 20, 2016, 05:25:40 pm »
I just finished Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. I hardly remembered anything about it because I hadn't played it in a few years, but I really enjoyed it. A lot of secrets, a pretty good plot, and very high production values. Its level structure is different from other CVs, but refreshing. When you get to Dracula's castle it's awesome to realize that now you'll get a standard Metroidvania experience even after the pretty good earlier linear levels. The bosses are huge and memorable.

shepard11

« Reply #2795 on: August 22, 2016, 12:13:13 pm »
Right now I'm playing X-men 2 Clone Wars for the Sega Genesis. I forgot how much the bosses in that game piss me off.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2796 on: August 22, 2016, 05:43:58 pm »
Right now I'm playing X-men 2 Clone Wars for the Sega Genesis. I forgot how much the bosses in that game piss me off.

Tusk, who throws boulders, at the end of the temple-climb level. HATE that battle.

madmax

« Reply #2797 on: August 23, 2016, 05:37:07 pm »

I found it hard to justify but I really wanted to experience a game like it so I paid the $40. If you can wait, I'm sure it will be discounted soon.

I think there is a physical Japanese copy, issue is that it's more expensive and it's all in Japanese. I might eventually get it for my collection but it's not a priority.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS4-Project-Setsuna-Ikenie-to-Yuki-no-Setsuna-Japanese-Edition-/152068537190?hash=item2367fdbb66:g:GjIAAOSwKfVXHzGf

kashell

« Reply #2798 on: August 24, 2016, 09:05:40 am »
I started playing Final Fantasy IV: The After Years as part of the Final Fantasy IV Collection on the PSP. I'm at the very beginning, but it feels like the perfect mixture of old school and new school. I love the crisp sprites and the fact that they used the majority of the music from the first FFIV. The moon phases and the ability to perform Bands lets the game stand apart.

For those that don't know, FFIV is my favorite numbered Final Fantasy.

I think I'm really going to enjoy this.

I found it hard to justify but I really wanted to experience a game like it so I paid the $40. If you can wait, I'm sure it will be discounted soon.

I think there is a physical Japanese copy, issue is that it's more expensive and it's all in Japanese. I might eventually get it for my collection but it's not a priority.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS4-Project-Setsuna-Ikenie-to-Yuki-no-Setsuna-Japanese-Edition-/152068537190?hash=item2367fdbb66:g:GjIAAOSwKfVXHzGf

That's actually not a bad idea. I've been studying Japanese for a while and this could be a good test.

Well, to be fair all games are just letters and numbers. I completely understand though and do not enjoy buying digital only stuff unless its a pc exclusive - it still sucks then but I'm used to it on that platform I guess.

Well, yeah. You know what I mean. XD I like being able to hold my letters and numbers instead of just seeing them on a screen.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 09:08:54 am by kashell »

madmax

« Reply #2799 on: August 24, 2016, 03:48:27 pm »
I started playing Final Fantasy IV: The After Years as part of the Final Fantasy IV Collection on the PSP. I'm at the very beginning, but it feels like the perfect mixture of old school and new school. I love the crisp sprites and the fact that they used the majority of the music from the first FFIV. The moon phases and the ability to perform Bands lets the game stand apart.

I have like 6-7 different versions of FFIV, first FF I ever played and it's the one that got me hooked.

Good game  ;)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2800 on: August 25, 2016, 10:23:50 am »
Diablo III just doesn't end. I'm still having fun though.

kashell

« Reply #2801 on: August 25, 2016, 10:35:42 am »

I have like 6-7 different versions of FFIV, first FF I ever played and it's the one that got me hooked.

Good game  ;)

It was mine, too. I was at a sleepover and we all watched as someone played (not very well, mind you) Final Fantasy II. I had no idea what was going on, but I thought Rydia was the coolest thing ever.

« Reply #2802 on: August 25, 2016, 08:23:06 pm »
Well for awhile it was Breath of Fire on GBA but after upgrading my cpu and gpu on my pc I've been playing a heavily modified runthrough of Fallout 4.

« Reply #2803 on: August 28, 2016, 08:38:32 pm »
Forgot the new Nioh Beta was out and decided I'd give that another try.  I honestly thought the game was bad in the first go.  Some people loved it, I don't know why, it just felt like a bad Dark Souls knockoff.  And it is still basically a knockoff, but it plays way better now.  They got rid of the durability nonsense that you had to repair your weapon after like every half a dozen guys and the camera and such work way better.  Everything feels better, to the point that it now feels like a Dark Souls game with a little more depth to the combos and action.  I still think Dark Souls handles the weight of things way better, but overall, very playable at the moment.  I might actually pick up the game now.

« Reply #2804 on: August 28, 2016, 09:21:12 pm »
Was playing Onimusha 3 today and after owning it for years I finally beat it. I have a bad habit of getting to the end of games and end up putting them down for forever before beating them.