Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515489 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2805 on: August 30, 2016, 06:48:44 am »
The last Fallout 4 DLC is out now, so I've been diving into that for awhile.  It seems a lot more interesting than Far Harbor, simply because of the variety of the location, but that isn't hard to do when Far Harbor was actually kinda boring lol

Also got into the Battlefield 1 Open Beta early, so I'll be getting into that today.  Been pretty excited to play this.

kashell

« Reply #2806 on: September 01, 2016, 09:32:55 am »
I started Baten Kaitos: Origins.

Holy crap this game is already starting to be an improvement on Eternal Wings and Lost Ocean, which was a fantastic game. Battles are more swift. The voice acting is solid. And the game has more gorgeous areas and awesome music.

The Game Cube may not have as many RPGs as the PS2, but nearly all of the ones that I have played for it are fantastic and it looks like BK:O will be continuing this trend.

jupiter

« Reply #2807 on: September 02, 2016, 09:13:22 pm »
I started Baten Kaitos: Origins.

Holy crap this game is already starting to be an improvement on Eternal Wings and Lost Ocean, which was a fantastic game. Battles are more swift. The voice acting is solid. And the game has more gorgeous areas and awesome music.

The Game Cube may not have as many RPGs as the PS2, but nearly all of the ones that I have played for it are fantastic and it looks like BK:O will be continuing this trend.

That game is awesome from what I remember. Haven't played it in years though.

I started Furi (PS4) and Onimusha Warlords (PS2) both of which I'm enjoying muchly.

Furi is a string of boss battles basically and it's amazing so far.

Onimusha Warlords has an odd camera sometimes, but to me it adds to the precision required during battles. It's controls are very precision oriented, and while cumbersome somewhat (having to turn to face enemies) I enjoy the challenge and it makes for some impressive technical movement you can pull off if well practiced.

desocietas

« Reply #2808 on: September 07, 2016, 06:21:06 pm »
I never started Baten Kaitos Origins but want to go through the first game and finish it first.

I somehow got myself pulled into FFXIV. RIP all other gaming and life in general for a while, I guess.  If anything, my roommate (who is also playing) is pleased that I'm happy to work on fishing and crafting instead of the usual rush through the game that most people do. I guess this is why I never finish my games. I'm too content with maxing out my fishing and cooking levels.

I was playing on PC but my bf ended up deciding to get the PS4 edition so that we could try playing side by side on our dual monitor setup. We got two copies so we could switch out instead of pushing someone off the PC, and I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of the PS4 edition and the gamepad compatibility with the game. For things like crafting, I love it (also, there's remote play?!!!!).
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 06:24:59 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

shepard11

« Reply #2809 on: September 07, 2016, 06:37:57 pm »
I don't know what the heck to play kinda got stuck in FFT for PSP and I can't find anything else to hold my attention

stlgamer75

« Reply #2810 on: September 08, 2016, 02:02:46 am »
According to the self imposed rules of my blog, I am dedicating one month per console and 1 week per game. So this week I am playing Castlevania Bloodlines for the Sega Genesis. Next week I'm probably moving on to Shinobi 3.
Check out my retro gaming blog, Cartridge Corner
https://stlgamer75.wordpress.com

kashell

« Reply #2811 on: September 08, 2016, 09:05:55 am »
Baten Kaitos Origins is great, but I would definitely recommend playing Eternal Wings and The Lost Ocean first since the game play improved so much.

I don't know what the heck to play kinda got stuck in FFT for PSP and I can't find anything else to hold my attention

Where are you stuck? Perhaps I can try to help.

« Reply #2812 on: September 08, 2016, 09:12:09 am »
Baten Kaitos Origins is great, but I would definitely recommend playing Eternal Wings and The Lost Ocean first since the game play improved so much.
I figured, but good to know for certain.  Still need to keep an eye out for the first one.

shepard11

« Reply #2813 on: September 08, 2016, 12:54:24 pm »

Where are you stuck? Perhaps I can try to help.

Against that battle the 2nd "devil" dummy me didn't prepare for that battle and I didn't save way beforehand. Every time I get him on the ropes he always stones my character and I didn't buy the right equipment for it.

kashell

« Reply #2814 on: September 08, 2016, 01:09:45 pm »
Second devil dummy? I'm not sure what that is. Which chapter is this?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2815 on: September 08, 2016, 01:35:25 pm »

Resident Evil: Revelations on XBox 360.

It's okay. But like most modern RE, it just doesn't hold a candle to the original style games. The creepiness just isn't there. And it feels like a dime-a-dozen action games.

shepard11

« Reply #2816 on: September 08, 2016, 02:42:26 pm »
Second devil dummy? I'm not sure what that is. Which chapter is this?

Belias is who I was talking bout. Sorry about the confusion. Chapter 3 I always end up killing off his demon minions and when I start laying into him he always stones all or most of my team that can stop that.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2817 on: September 08, 2016, 02:43:43 pm »
bf1 beta, enjoying it so far
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

madmax

« Reply #2818 on: September 08, 2016, 02:54:17 pm »
I'm doing the finishing details on I Am Setsuna now.

I started playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 and I actually kind of enjoy it. It caught me off guard, I expected to play it a little and not care anymore but the experience is somewhat...relaxing?

doafan

« Reply #2819 on: September 08, 2016, 02:54:31 pm »
Have to say that am kinda obsessed with Hungry Shark World, have been practically playing this title at my daughters tablet every day from the past two weeks where I almost unlock the large sharks, this Ubisoft title is pretty good and it feels a lot better if you play it at dark with some good headphones, the water and bubble sounds are in some way relaxing so it's the perfect game for me.

I'm also playing Street Fighter X Tekken where am trying to get the achievement Love Is Blind which consist in use a character 300 times, for this one am using Zangief and Nina where of course had to purchase her alternate costume because she looks so freaking hot, it's sad that not all the costumes are this good but indeed am gonna get a copy of those that i like the most and of course that am gonna give priority to the girls  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy