Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514860 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2835 on: September 12, 2016, 02:12:46 am »

I've only played through this once before, and it's been a long time. Been playing it most of the afternoon and evening today. Now I'm in for the long-haul.

« Reply #2836 on: September 12, 2016, 04:07:55 am »
Finally got Lords of the Fallen since it's free on PS+.  Heard about it for a long while now and was tempted to pick it up at multiple points, but never did because I didn't hear a lot of great about it.  Having put like 3 hours in, it's definitely not as good as Dark Souls 2/3 or Bloodborne combat wise, it's clunkier in it's speed and I feel not nearly as responsive.  The second mini-boss is slightly broken at times in that you can't hurt him at certain points, which made that fight more annoying than it already was because it's just a time wasting boss.  Swear it took me 10 to 15 minutes to beat him.

Other than that, generally the UI stuff seems better, streamlined stats and spells, there's an actually story to follow, and it looks pretty good, though seems a little sketchy in performance at times, but I think that's what the game does better than the general souls series.  Especially having a story, because I don't care what anyone says, the Souls series has always been miserable at conveying whats going on.  I've hated it in every one I've played, even the ones I've really liked such as Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne.

Oh and the challenge portal things are pure eye cancer.  Know what I hate in games? When stuff is blurred.  Ruined 3D Dot Game Heroes, a game I should've loved.  What does Fallen do? Create little challenge locations that are dark and blurred with pulsing light and tell you to start exploring and killing creatures and get loot.  It's just an eye strain for me.  Heck, I try to turn off motion blur in games whenever I can.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 04:16:47 am by kamikazekeeg »

pacpix

« Reply #2837 on: September 13, 2016, 01:57:09 am »
I'm playing Super Mario World! It's the first time I've ever really dug in to this classic game :)

I would love to be able to play through this for the first time again.  Be sure to find all 96 exits!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2838 on: September 13, 2016, 12:45:52 pm »

I've only played through this once before, and it's been a long time. Been playing it most of the afternoon and evening today. Now I'm in for the long-haul.

I'm also playing this one on the handheld front:

It's so loooong. Unlike other Samurai Warriors games where you play through a run of battles as one character, then play another character's storyline; this is one ongoing storyline where you play as your own character. I'm over 7 hours in, and there's still plenty to go! I'm glad, since there's been a lot of downtime at my work, lately.

davifus

« Reply #2839 on: September 15, 2016, 06:34:40 pm »
Picked FE Fate back up after getting stuck at chapter 3... Now, I'm stuck at chapter 5. Man, its so much harder than the GBA FE.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

azure

« Reply #2840 on: September 15, 2016, 11:31:50 pm »
Finished up the 100% on One Piece Pirate Warriors recently.

« Reply #2841 on: September 19, 2016, 05:22:47 am »
Bought Attack on Titan for the PS4 yesterday and it's good stuff.  Has a lot of the familiar elements for a Musou game, but it definitely has it's own unique action to fit with OMD gear and large titan enemies.  I was worried the movement maybe couldn't be done right, but it's actually pretty great and the movement you get at times is awesome as your blasting over buildings.  I do have a few issues with climbing over buildings at times, but other than that, it's very easy to get use to after just a few missions.  Aside from some minor nitpicks that are kinda common in games like this, it's really well done.  Generally I don't like Musou games as much, but stuff like this and Hyrule Warriors have really hooked me in.  Can't get for Berserk next.

« Reply #2842 on: September 19, 2016, 09:42:25 am »
Still playing Fallout 4.

I have 1 achievement left to accomplish and then I can start playing with mods.  I'm actually pretty stoked to try out mods.  I might even start a new game in Survival mode when I do that.

The 1 achievement left to get?  Redeem 100,000 Nuka-cade Tickets.  I'm sitting at 67,000 tickets right now after grinding for what was likely 6-8 hours.  I've kind of gotten it to a point where I can earn about 1,000 tickets every minute or so.  So hopefully only another hour.

shepard11

« Reply #2843 on: September 21, 2016, 09:28:09 pm »
Rise of Iron for Destiny came out yesterday. I haven't played that much Destiny since year one. I'm taking the night off tonight.

davifus

« Reply #2844 on: September 22, 2016, 02:22:19 pm »
Still playing Fallout 4.

I have 1 achievement left to accomplish and then I can start playing with mods.  I'm actually pretty stoked to try out mods.  I might even start a new game in Survival mode when I do that.

The 1 achievement left to get?  Redeem 100,000 Nuka-cade Tickets.  I'm sitting at 67,000 tickets right now after grinding for what was likely 6-8 hours.  I've kind of gotten it to a point where I can earn about 1,000 tickets every minute or so.  So hopefully only another hour.

prepare yourself for Survival. I highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly recommend you pick the brotherhood route (vertibird). trust me

« Reply #2845 on: September 22, 2016, 02:40:41 pm »
Still playing Fallout 4.

prepare yourself for Survival. I highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly recommend you pick the brotherhood route (vertibird). trust me
I'm playing the "caring mother" role.  No side quests, nothing unnecessary, straight for main quests.  Gotta find mah baby.

I'm doing the part where I have to go find Nick and I'm only level 6 I think.  Pretty sure I'm supposed to be much high than that.  Every single fight is a struggle.  Even radroaches are a threat.

davifus

« Reply #2846 on: September 22, 2016, 03:13:03 pm »
Still playing Fallout 4.

I'm playing the "caring mother" role.  No side quests, nothing unnecessary, straight for main quests.  Gotta find mah baby.

I'm doing the part where I have to go find Nick and I'm only level 6 I think.  Pretty sure I'm supposed to be much high than that.  Every single fight is a struggle.  Even radroaches are a threat.

You should do some easy side quest. If you only stick to the main line everything is going be over leveled and stupid difficult. Any "wounding" legendary weapon are your BEST friend in survival.

« Reply #2847 on: September 22, 2016, 03:14:42 pm »
If you only stick to the main line everything is going be over leveled and stupid difficult.
That's the plan

davifus

« Reply #2848 on: September 22, 2016, 03:23:44 pm »
If you only stick to the main line everything is going be over leveled and stupid difficult.
That's the plan

Well, good luck with that. Sounds like a lot of dying and frustration. Settlement play a big role in the beg. so I recommend to settle near Hangman alley (Closest to Diamond City) then a settlement with a lot of water tiles like Sanctuary, Taffington Boathouse, or castle (kind of far) for Mass production of Purified water. Hopefully you have high charisma so you can build store for easy selling.

« Reply #2849 on: September 22, 2016, 03:39:03 pm »
That's the plan

Well, good luck with that. Sounds like a lot of dying and frustration. Settlement play a big role in the beg. so I recommend to settle near Hangman alley (Closest to Diamond City) then a settlement with a lot of water tiles like Sanctuary, Taffington Boathouse, or castle (kind of far) for Mass production of Purified water. Hopefully you have high charisma so you can build store for easy selling.
Nope.  No settlements.  Main Story only.

I've only died once so far.