Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514850 times)

davifus

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2850 on: September 22, 2016, 04:08:04 pm »
If you only stick to the main line everything is going be over leveled and stupid difficult.
That's the plan

Well, good luck with that. Sounds like a lot of dying and frustration. Settlement play a big role in the beg. so I recommend to settle near Hangman alley (Closest to Diamond City) then a settlement with a lot of water tiles like Sanctuary, Taffington Boathouse, or castle (kind of far) for Mass production of Purified water. Hopefully you have high charisma so you can build store for easy selling.
Nope.  No settlements.  Main Story only.

I've only died once so far.

Well, I dont know how your going to do without a stable source of food & clean water. No storage either? Pretty bold
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #2851 on: September 22, 2016, 04:15:53 pm »
If you only stick to the main line everything is going be over leveled and stupid difficult.
That's the plan

Well, good luck with that. Sounds like a lot of dying and frustration. Settlement play a big role in the beg. so I recommend to settle near Hangman alley (Closest to Diamond City) then a settlement with a lot of water tiles like Sanctuary, Taffington Boathouse, or castle (kind of far) for Mass production of Purified water. Hopefully you have high charisma so you can build store for easy selling.

Well, I dont know how your going to do without a stable source of food & clean water. No storage either? Pretty bold
I specifically am using a mod that lets me make a campfire wherever I want (within reason), so I can cook meat and take naps (sleeping bag, not bed).  Clean water and antibiotics are a challenge for sure, but so far it's timed out well with finding water and meds.

davifus

« Reply #2852 on: September 22, 2016, 04:26:13 pm »
That's the plan

I specifically am using a mod that lets me make a campfire wherever I want (within reason), so I can cook meat and take naps (sleeping bag, not bed).  Clean water and antibiotics are a challenge for sure, but so far it's timed out well with finding water and meds.

Oh your doing it with mods and not vanilla. lame  ::)

« Reply #2853 on: September 22, 2016, 04:27:05 pm »
That's the plan

LMAO.  Buddy, I said that.  Like that was the entire statement.

davifus

« Reply #2854 on: September 22, 2016, 04:41:57 pm »
That's the plan

LMAO.  Buddy, I said that.  Like that was the entire statement.

I must of missed it. You should do it vanilla. 

kashell

« Reply #2855 on: September 24, 2016, 11:35:49 am »
I started Atelier Sophie.

I think Atelier might take the top spot for favorite video game series. Tales hasn't been consistent, whereas each new experience with Atelier gets better and better. Obviously, I'm enjoying it so far.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2856 on: September 25, 2016, 12:15:11 pm »
I'm about to start Batman: Arkham Knoght. I just have to wait for it to install... on my PS4. Install on a console?  I thought this is why I liked console games over PC.

This is bullshit

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2857 on: September 26, 2016, 03:33:18 am »
I'm about to start Batman: Arkham Knoght. I just have to wait for it to install... on my PS4. Install on a console?  I thought this is why I liked console games over PC.

This is bullshit

When I talk like that I get labeled a hater! (Not by you).

Just picked up Day of the Tentacle on PS4. It's the sequel to Maniac Mansion. Got it for $5 in a psn flash sale that ends tomorrow. It's pretty great. You can switch between classic and remastered graphics in-game. There is an Easter egg which contains the entire first game fully playable. Both games allows cross/device save syncing. So you can pick up where you left off on the ps vita!

Also picked up (but haven't yet played) Shantae Pirates Curse for $5. :)

« Reply #2858 on: September 26, 2016, 07:13:20 am »
Just finished a mostly full run of Attack on Titan on PS4.  Took awhile to finish the epilogue since it required me to do alot of the side missions, but cool they added some extra material not seen in the anime yet.  Fun game though, reinvigorated my interest in AoT after having the anime be gone for quite awhile now and even went to rewatch the series in English and starting into the manga that comes afterwards because I need more.

Also getting back into Twilight Princess HD.  Been meaning to play it this year, but kept getting caught up with other stuff.  Really wanting to know if my previous ideas about the game are still on point with it being my current favorite Zelda game.  Haven't played it since it launched years ago, but this and Ocarina of Time are at the top.

desocietas

« Reply #2859 on: September 26, 2016, 09:54:48 am »
Just finished a mostly full run of Attack on Titan on PS4.  Took awhile to finish the epilogue since it required me to do alot of the side missions, but cool they added some extra material not seen in the anime yet.  Fun game though, reinvigorated my interest in AoT after having the anime be gone for quite awhile now and even went to rewatch the series in English and starting into the manga that comes afterwards because I need more.

Also getting back into Twilight Princess HD.  Been meaning to play it this year, but kept getting caught up with other stuff.  Really wanting to know if my previous ideas about the game are still on point with it being my current favorite Zelda game.  Haven't played it since it launched years ago, but this and Ocarina of Time are at the top.

I haven't watched past the second episode of the anime but just finished the eighth volume of the manga. Think I need to read more before playing the game? I'm still planning on watching the rest of the anime at least.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2860 on: September 26, 2016, 10:01:32 am »
Totally unrelated, but I noticed on your signature, desocietas, that you have a 10-year anniversary badge. The website has been around for that long? Since 2006?

desocietas

« Reply #2861 on: September 26, 2016, 11:10:16 am »
Totally unrelated, but I noticed on your signature, desocietas, that you have a 10-year anniversary badge. The website has been around for that long? Since 2006?

Haha, I just hacked that to show up in my signature because someone asked how to get badges in their signature. I poked around to see which images were uploaded into the site, and it looks like there's a 10-year one already in the site folders ;D

But no, I think the site's been around only since 2010.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2862 on: September 26, 2016, 12:25:10 pm »
Started to play all my wii u games again, its been forever since i played, so i decided it needs some love.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #2863 on: September 26, 2016, 05:34:41 pm »

I haven't watched past the second episode of the anime but just finished the eighth volume of the manga. Think I need to read more before playing the game? I'm still planning on watching the rest of the anime at least.

The game basically generalizes the anime, so it follows it up to where that ends, which from what I've seen is what you just read, the 8th volume of them dealing with the female titan.  You are probably caught up with that then.  They do introduce the beast titan in the epilogue that is coming up in the next volume, but it doesn't seem to be in any spoilery way and feels much more like just bonus missions to add more to the game.  Don't get any details about it other than it's probably like the armored, female, and colossal.

I just started reading the manga myself from where the anime ends and its weird they are glossing over the big plot point revealed at the end of the 8th volume I think, involving the secret in the wall.  Maybe they'll have another way of utilizing it later to work into Season 2.

desocietas

« Reply #2864 on: September 26, 2016, 05:51:22 pm »
awesome, good to know, @kamikazekeeg! thanks so much :)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas