Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514846 times)

pacpix

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2865 on: September 26, 2016, 08:32:56 pm »
Totally unrelated, but I noticed on your signature, desocietas, that you have a 10-year anniversary badge. The website has been around for that long? Since 2006?

Haha, I just hacked that to show up in my signature because someone asked how to get badges in their signature. I poked around to see which images were uploaded into the site, and it looks like there's a 10-year one already in the site folders ;D

But no, I think the site's been around only since 2010.

Deso actually learned how to time travel so she could get the badge before the rest of us.  ;D The highest badge available right now is five year as the site launched publicly in February 2011 after a 3 week beta.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #2866 on: September 26, 2016, 09:09:47 pm »
awesome, good to know, @kamikazekeeg! thanks so much :)

No problem, it was a surprisingly more entertaining game than I expected.  Sometimes games like this can feel too grindy, and even ones I love like Hyrule Warriors, have too much grinding, but they kept it abit more minimal and that combat never stops feeling good.  It was great how I kept finding ways to fine tune my movement and abilities as I played, which comes down to more than just knowing the combo's, but how your gear interacts with the Titans and the best way to utilize the movement.  It's like a strong 8/10 for me that's only held back by issues dealing with kinda poor AI and some obnoxious glitches, though some of them are kinda funny watching the Titans freakout.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2867 on: September 26, 2016, 11:42:33 pm »
Totally unrelated, but I noticed on your signature, desocietas, that you have a 10-year anniversary badge. The website has been around for that long? Since 2006?

Haha, I just hacked that to show up in my signature because someone asked how to get badges in their signature. I poked around to see which images were uploaded into the site, and it looks like there's a 10-year one already in the site folders ;D

But no, I think the site's been around only since 2010.

Deso actually learned how to time travel so she could get the badge before the rest of us.  ;D The highest badge available right now is five year as the site launched publicly in February 2011 after a 3 week beta.

Okay, thanks.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2868 on: September 27, 2016, 08:59:33 am »
I started (and ended) Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 last night.

If I wanted Halo, I would have bought Halo. Bring back Modern Warfare. Future Warfare sucks.

kashell

« Reply #2869 on: September 27, 2016, 10:37:17 am »
So. Dragon Fantasy: The Black Tome of Ice is...kind of lame. Is the game supposed to be funny? The writing leads me to believe that it's meant to be funny but nothing has been entertaining about it yet. Battles look like they'd be like Chrono Trigger's, but they remind me of something like Astonishia Story. Even the throwback look with the 2D sprites leaves much to be desired.

I'll be doing more research before stressing about LRG releases again.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2870 on: September 27, 2016, 06:43:33 pm »
Okay I've been wanting to get back into TCG's for a while now, but didn't want to go back into the last one I played (YuGiOh) so I've started to play Magic The Gathering and Honestly I've been having more fun Playing this recently that most videogames been going to Friday Night Magic and I attended the Midnight Kaladesh Prerelease last weekend.
Standard Deck: Red/Black Vampires I call it "Hellbent for Pleather"
Modern Deck: Red/Blue Artifacts "HangarBlast"
Commander Deck: Currently under Construction  but Red/Green with Atarka, World Render as my Commander

Currently I'm trying to figure out what my next deck will be
R/W Vehicle
R/G Aggro
hell maybe see if a G/W Fabricate/Artificer deck would work.

« Reply #2871 on: September 30, 2016, 08:02:48 am »
Ace Combat 3 feels so gross playing with the neG-con controller.

It just doesn't play near the same as Air Combat and Ace Combat 2.

kashell

« Reply #2872 on: October 05, 2016, 09:11:02 am »
I tried dabbling in a bunch of portable titles, but none of them were able to keep me coming back. Hyperdimension Neptunia Action Unleashed had class Nep-Nep writing and humor, but the action started to bore me. MeiQ was too generic, despite having a unique story and fun characters. Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters was too damn awkward. The game felt unplayable unless I kept a guide handy.

I'm sure I'll come back to these at some point (except for TTGH) because they weren't bad games.

Luckily, the dual pack of Azure Striker Gun Volt and Gun Volt 2 came out yesterday. It's been great so far because it feels like I'm back playing some of my favorite Mega Man X and Mega Man Zero titles. I highly recommend this one.

doafan

« Reply #2873 on: October 06, 2016, 10:30:51 am »
Am currently playing Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate cause want to have more achievements of this title, have unlocked this two recently: Down you go and Cliffhanger comeback, already have 41 of 48  guess that will have to start with those that requires to complete some lessons and movements, this are in my opinion the ones that need some time to achieve am also playing Resident Evil: Revelations 2 have started the second part of the episode 3 Judgment and am proud to say that my daughter help me with this one, she might be 6 years old but she always want to see me playing, she has given me some advice about the damn maps when am totally lost, if we are playing and she needs to go to the bathroom or wants something to eat she force me to pause the game until she returns  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #2874 on: October 06, 2016, 08:42:15 pm »
Played the half hour demo of ReCore on PC and I actually thought it was fairly good.  Simple TPS shooting, platforming, small bit of a collectathon.  I'm not sure if it's really a 40 dollar game, I might wait for a sale, but I actually want to play it.  Seems like it could be fun.  Love Joules character design with the hard hat and the exoskeleton she's got going.  Very scavenger feeling. Might have to buy one of the figures for her that Ultimate Source are making.

shepard11

« Reply #2875 on: October 07, 2016, 08:35:14 pm »
Now that the stress of my store being brought out is over. Nothing like getting a raise and now only have to do half the work. So I've had time to play my PS3 FINALLY. Been playing Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction a lot. Goddess I forgot how much I love that series.

davifus

« Reply #2876 on: October 11, 2016, 10:59:44 am »
Fuck Giorgi

Backstabbing Jerk

[Mafia 3]

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

kashell

« Reply #2877 on: October 11, 2016, 11:12:23 am »
Last night, I started Fatal Frame III: The Tormented. As expected, it's pretty damn creepy so far.

desocietas

« Reply #2878 on: October 11, 2016, 11:12:36 am »
Picked up Yokai Watch (1) last week finally and am giving it a go. Not what I expected but cute so far!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

doafan

« Reply #2879 on: October 14, 2016, 12:23:06 pm »
Am giving a second chance to Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance just to get all those achievements that can be unlocked playing through the story mode, the last time that I played this title was this past January so guess that's a good time to give it another chance, started this past Tuesday and already have obtained six of them but am not gonna try to get the insane achievements neither those of the VR, well maybe the Analysis Complete which consist in unlocking every VR Mission, the idea is to get some fun and not to end mad with the game  ;)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy