Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 513778 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2880 on: October 14, 2016, 04:07:56 pm »
Currently playing Overwatch a lot more with the halloween update.  I'm at a level point that if I get one to two levels about every night, I can get to 100 and do the reset and then hurry through 1-20 to get the easy levels, which will in turn garner me 40 loot boxes in total.  Hoping to get the rest of the Halloween costumes with this so I don't have to pay the crazy amount of coins to buy them directly.  The little horde mode they introduced, that is literally just Mann vs Machine from Team Fortress 2 (I'm cool with ripping off good stuff lol), is fun for a round or so, though there isn't much variety to it.  I think it's mostly just a trial of something bigger down the road.

I put a little more time into Dragon Quest Builders past where the demo ended and it's still a charming little game.  Very chill, not super hard.

And yesterday I put a few hours into Shadow Warrior 2.  At it's core, it's very much the same game, but side missions are done in proceduraly generated levels.  I think main story missions might have some regular level design perhaps.  It's good stuff, same crude humor, same over the top violence, they just worked in an upgrade system into the game so that you can add elemental stats and buffs to your guns.  Sorta like Borderlands in that way, but just with upgrades rather than all new weapons.

« Reply #2881 on: October 19, 2016, 04:03:25 am »
And apparently my game didn't save at all for Dragon Quest Builders.  I loaded up the game, didn't get an option for anything, clicked chapter 1 because there was nothing else to pick and like that 2 hours of building is gone.  Uggh...Just read that the only way to save the game is by selecting the flag and then clicking save and exit.  No autosaves, I just assumed there was, didn't realize that was how I had to save.  This freaking killed Tokyo Mirage Sessions for me when I lost 2 hours of work because I didn't manually save.  So frustrating...

telly

« Reply #2882 on: October 19, 2016, 02:47:36 pm »
Went home this weekend, and put some time into Final Fantasy V and Lethal Enforcers. Both are fun games! I'm excited to go back to them when I'm back for Thanksgiving break :)
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2883 on: October 19, 2016, 02:55:17 pm »

Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past on 3DS. It's familiar, yet changed enough to feel like something new in the Dragon Quest series. I'm really liking it. I do like that the random battles are less random, now. You can see the enemies on your map before you battle them, like in Chrono Trigger.

I never have played the original PS1 version as a comparison, though.

madmax

« Reply #2884 on: October 20, 2016, 07:23:49 am »
Finally picked up X|X-2 Remastered on PS4. I haven't played the game since 2002, I was a little hesitant to dig into it since it's a 100+ hour platinum but I found the game for a good price. Once I started playing, I was hooked all over again. The nostalgia brought me back to when I was a kid. I'm excited to play some more today after work :D

I'm also finishing up Lego Marvel right now. I'm at ~70% completion, so not much left to do.

kashell

« Reply #2885 on: October 24, 2016, 09:22:01 am »
After the intensities of both Fatal Frame III and Azure Striker Gunvolt, I decided to play a laidback and turn-based RPG. I'm going through Magic Knight Rayearth for the Super Famicom. Other than a huge difficulty spike, the game is just what I needed. I've been a fan of the Rayearth universe for years, but this is the first time I've gone through the Super Famicom game.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2886 on: October 24, 2016, 06:19:47 pm »

It's better than the first game. More of a story (though not a great one). More varied locations. And more equipment and weapons to find.

But it's still pretty lacking. It's quite repetitive in it's gameplay. And it tries to be Diablo-like in some ways, but is severely limited. Which makes you just wish you were playing Diablo or something similar. The visual style tries to emulate JRPGs, but is just okay looking.

It passes the time, I guess. But it doesn't get much better than that.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 10:56:12 pm by burningdoom »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2887 on: October 24, 2016, 09:22:35 pm »
my entire gta crew went to bf1. bastards!

now i am forever aloning on gta :(
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

azure

« Reply #2888 on: October 24, 2016, 09:23:23 pm »
Been playing the Mega Man Legacy collection on PS4, only have Mega Man 6 to go.

« Reply #2889 on: October 25, 2016, 10:45:36 pm »
Been back into Dark Souls 3 with the new DLC and I'm up to the first (last? I don't know how long this DLC is, but I've put a few hours in already), and certainly this is the usual Dark Souls bullshit you know and love lol Honestly a cool boss concept despite the usual frustration.

« Reply #2890 on: October 26, 2016, 12:10:13 am »
Beyond the occasional Overwatch game, I'm starting back up my FFX game. I'm at the end and working through the end game content currently, I "finished" the game a few months back but am hoping to do as much of the end game content as I can manage before either the grind burns me out or I earn that platinum.

« Reply #2891 on: October 26, 2016, 10:42:13 am »
Need to get back to God Eater 2. Been occasionally working on a easy speed run of SMT4 on easy to enjoy Apocalypse more. Also gonna be putting dome time into Xenoverse 2 this weekend

« Reply #2892 on: October 27, 2016, 12:55:08 am »
Need to get back to God Eater 2. Been occasionally working on a easy speed run of SMT4 on easy to enjoy Apocalypse more. Also gonna be putting dome time into Xenoverse 2 this weekend

Ever since I finally was able to enjoy a Monster Hunter game, 3 Ultimate on Wii U, I've been interested in trying God Eater 2, one of the gaming podcasts I listen to, The Giant Bombcast, has one of the staff members who's a big Monster Hunter fan and has been playing God Eater for the last couple weeks. I don't know if I want to jump into another similar game though when I'm not sure if I'm finished with MH3U though.

davifus

« Reply #2893 on: October 27, 2016, 01:58:11 am »
CIV 6!
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

doafan

« Reply #2894 on: October 27, 2016, 01:02:34 pm »
This past Saturday started to play Dante's Inferno and have to say that dunno why the hell didn't purchased this game before, it might not be as awesome as the first and second God of War titles but for what I have played can't deny that it's pretty good, haven't read the books but guess that will need to read them because a friend told me that the story of this game is incomplete and for what I have seen there will be not part two anyway am also playing SF X Tekken, want to obtain the achievement Love is Blind which consist in using the same character 300 times in battle, it might not be the big deal but am currently using Zangief to unlock it, have never been a fan of this big guy but even when I don't own a joystick the normal control works very good on him, if things go right will have this achievement tonight ...

Also have purchased Cammy's swap costume and I can only say Meeeow  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy