Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514887 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3000 on: February 07, 2017, 08:54:42 am »
Senran Kagura is such a weird game.  Just... on so many levels is it weird.  I'm still flip flopping on whether or not to go for a platinum on this game given how simple it is to get the platinum.  But it's just so grindy to do so.  But on the other hand, I don't know what I want to play next.

Woo post 3000 in this topic.

doafan

« Reply #3001 on: February 07, 2017, 12:31:05 pm »
Still playing Super Mario Galaxy 2, last week my daughter turned off the Wii without exiting the game and suddenly our save state was gone, don't have to say that she was sad because she lost all her trophies and didn't want it to start again from zero, so after work I started again the game, have to admit that it took me a couple of nights dunno if I am getting old or I was so tired but managed not only to recover everything but to get also some extra comet medals that we missed the first time, we are currently stock at level five, we have 51 stars and we need 55 to have access to the castle of this level, guess that will have to watch some long plays just to see how can I earn the four stars that we need  ???

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

azure

« Reply #3002 on: February 07, 2017, 03:25:33 pm »
Senran Kagura is such a weird game.  Just... on so many levels is it weird.  I'm still flip flopping on whether or not to go for a platinum on this game given how simple it is to get the platinum.  But it's just so grindy to do so.  But on the other hand, I don't know what I want to play next.

Woo post 3000 in this topic.
I saw you were playing through it on Backloggery, I went through with the platinum not too long ago. The story didn't do much for me, it and a lot of the backstories for the characters just seemed cliche to me. Game is fun though, so I ended up skipping most of the cutscenes.

« Reply #3003 on: February 09, 2017, 06:48:51 am »
Nioh is pretty great so far.  I went from not caring too much about the game and thinking it was bad with the alpha demo, to really wanting it after the very last demo.  I'm glad I got this now though.  Overall, very familiar to the Souls series, but has way more depth to the gameplay, your character, and the world, which is where the Ninja Gaiden stuff comes in, but to me, this game is super Souls-like more than anything else, but I'm liking it more than a lot of the older ones as I only really liked Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne.  It has the speed of those, particularly Bloodborne.  I'm not really taking advantage of everything, there's so much with the stances and skills and ninjitsu and magic...Luckily you don't have to really use the multiple stances and such.  I usually just do the balanced mid stance or sometimes high for the stronger damage, but I'm not doing anything too crazy with my axe or single swords. 

I'd definitely recommend it if you like the Souls games.

abe

« Reply #3004 on: February 09, 2017, 08:54:49 am »
After adjusting some settings on my CRT and discovering how good the picture quality could have been this whole time, I started to get back into Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance on my GameCube and it is fantastic.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #3005 on: February 09, 2017, 08:55:28 am »
I picked up Twinbee: Rainbow Bell Adventure for SFC, so I'm going to try to play through that.
I've also been playing the newly released Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3006 on: February 10, 2017, 10:17:32 am »
I started Shantae: Half Genie Hero last night.  It looks like more of the same fantastic platforming.  I'm excited to get into this one.

shepard11

« Reply #3007 on: February 10, 2017, 01:36:35 pm »
I finally got around playing Mega Man 9. My Goddess that game is hard. Makes me miss my slide. I've only played in a few hours and I haven't reached a Master Robot yet.

doafan

« Reply #3008 on: February 13, 2017, 11:54:07 am »
I finally got around playing Mega Man 9. My Goddess that game is hard. Makes me miss my slide. I've only played in a few hours and I haven't reached a Master Robot yet.

It's really that hard ?, I mean used to play the first Mega Man and even when they kicked my ass the first 50 or 100 times eventually managed to completed and now it isn'ts that hard, practice makes perfection and really want to add not only the 9 but also the 10 to my collection, have heard a couple of bad reviews also opinions from my friends almost of all them said that the game is broken because of how hard it is but they are a bunch of pu**** that always give up so easily.

Me in the other hand totally paused SMG2 cause the game was driving me crazy so started playing with my daughter Super Paper Mario, am helping her much more here than at Galaxy because the damn game doesn't came with the Spanish language included, dunno why the hell not if at the cover they got not only this language but also the French even the fucking manual come with both of them so need to translate almost everything to her, I'll start sending her to extra classes to help her out with this, I started to love English language because of gaming, wrestling and of course because of the cartoons anyway am also playing Rayman Origins with my wife, we already have unlocked 19 achievements and as The Cave am planning to get all of them, she was kinda of mad at the beginning when we first rescued the Nymph Betilla mainly because of her big bOObs  ;D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 12:02:49 pm by doafan »

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

kevininja

« Reply #3009 on: February 13, 2017, 01:55:04 pm »
Still playing Mass Effect 2, haven't put it down since I started playing it two weeks ago  ;D I didn't expect to like it that much, definitely going to buy the other games in the series and I might even pre-order Andromeda!

After I finish ME2 I'm probably going to start Sacred 2 Gold, which is a game that has been in my Steam Library since forever and I haven't even touched it.

shepard11

« Reply #3010 on: February 13, 2017, 01:58:00 pm »

It's really that hard ?, I mean used to play the first Mega Man and even when they kicked my ass the first 50 or 100 times eventually managed to completed and now it isn'ts that hard, practice makes perfection and really want to add not only the 9 but also the 10 to my collection, have heard a couple of bad reviews also opinions from my friends almost of all them said that the game is broken because of how hard it is but they are a bunch of pu**** that always give up so easily.

I don't think it's a broken game just think I need to just play it more and get the patterns down. I'm actually enjoying the challenge. Even if it smokes me every chance it gets.

kevininja

« Reply #3011 on: February 23, 2017, 07:04:52 pm »
I've been playing a lot of Watch Dogs this week. I was actually going to start Resident Evil - Director's Cut and Fear Effect today, but I kept getting distracted by that game.

crystaldan

« Reply #3012 on: February 23, 2017, 07:33:09 pm »
I've been trying to gold star mario kart 8 and 100% super mario U, the other half has been replaying the dragon quest series, he is nearly done with part 1.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3013 on: February 23, 2017, 08:15:09 pm »

Totally. It's like every level is a Wily's Castle level.

« Reply #3014 on: February 24, 2017, 12:33:17 am »
Put a few hours into Ghost Recon: Wildlands.  Not particularly good.  Maybe its better with co-op, but it simply feels like Just Cause, except with a squad to help you.  Has none of the over the top charm that game has or another open world third person shooter being Mercenaries.  It's basically those games with more tactical elements and co-op.  Can't really recommend it unless you are like "YEAH! I want to run around a basic open world and shoot guys!".  Good enough for that or you got a group to have fun with it.  I feel if maybe you are bored of Division and got a team to switch over from that, one could maybe like Wildlands, even though its still a very different game from that.