Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 513103 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3015 on: February 24, 2017, 01:41:19 pm »

Pretty damn fun little platformer, but it's more challenging than I remember. This one is gonna take a bit of memorization.

This is the game that people should compare to Mario, rather than Alex Kidd, when comparing Master System and NES platformers. It's a better platformer than Alex Kidd (at least better than Miracle World and The Lost Stars, as those are the two I've played), and it's exclusive to Sega systems (also on Game Gear).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 01:43:23 pm by burningdoom »

shepard11

« Reply #3016 on: February 24, 2017, 05:12:02 pm »
I recently got back into Minecraft on the XboxOne I forgot what a time killer that game is but I'm enjoying it. And when I'm not playing that I'm playing my copy of Street Fighter EXa on the PS1. Had this game as a kid and recently got a complete copy off my buddy.

abe

« Reply #3017 on: February 24, 2017, 06:10:12 pm »
Got back into Final Fantasy XV after not touching it since the week of its launch and I'm loving it. So much fun. It looks and plays great, and I'm glad I decided to give it another go. Hopefully I can finish it before the Switch releases and I get distracted by the new Zelda.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #3018 on: February 24, 2017, 11:36:17 pm »
Rented For Honor on the PS4 and put some time into the first chapter and did a little side stuff.  That story mode is nothing, mostly practice mode with some flavor, they'd have been better off without it and just made some focused training modes for each class due to the challenge of the gameplay system.  I'll probably at least play through the whole mode, it's short, something like 6 hours, but its not good. 

I know this combat is very intensive and involved, but I'm not overly impressed by it.  Visually it looks pretty good, but I feel like anything related beyond the normal combat, such as the debuff stuff, powerups, the revenge meter, and anything else like that will really sour the game for me.  I know Dominion is considered pretty bad because of the gear system and how you can very easily get put up against much higher level guys or people that paid for gear that automatically makes them better than you no matter what.  Not liking that, so I doubt I'll end up picking this game up after I'm done with the story mode.

« Reply #3019 on: February 25, 2017, 09:45:35 pm »
Gravity Rush on Vita. Charming as hell. :D Makes me regret not getting it sooner.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3020 on: February 27, 2017, 02:07:52 am »
I played through Mega Man II last night. First time I've actually sat down and played a Mega Man game on the NES in years. Holy shit that music is badass.

QFT

kashell

« Reply #3021 on: February 27, 2017, 08:03:41 am »
I started the first Yakuza. Damn, this game is great. I hope the rest of this series is like this.

« Reply #3022 on: February 27, 2017, 08:29:36 am »
I started the first Yakuza. Damn, this game is great. I hope the rest of this series is like this.
I've been thinking about acquiring the first Yakuza, but one of the new ones is supposed to be a remake, yeah?

kashell

« Reply #3023 on: February 27, 2017, 08:37:28 am »
I've been thinking about acquiring the first Yakuza, but one of the new ones is supposed to be a remake, yeah?

Not to my knowledge. Are you thinking of Yakuza 0? That's a brand new title that takes place before the first game.

« Reply #3024 on: February 27, 2017, 09:07:01 am »

Not to my knowledge. Are you thinking of Yakuza 0? That's a brand new title that takes place before the first game.
Possibly, I thought Yakuza 0 was supposed to be a remake of 1, I suppose that doesn't make sense, does it.

I'll have to go throw that on my wishlist.

kashell

« Reply #3025 on: February 27, 2017, 09:58:54 am »

Possibly, I thought Yakuza 0 was supposed to be a remake of 1, I suppose that doesn't make sense, does it.

I just did some research and it looks like the first game is getting a remake. Yakuza Kiwami is the title. ^.^

Fun fact, kiwami means "extreme" in Japanese. This game is going to be EXTREMELY fun.

soera

« Reply #3026 on: February 27, 2017, 10:39:12 am »
Ys Origins. Im about half way up the tower and really enjoying it.

« Reply #3027 on: February 27, 2017, 10:47:05 am »

I just did some research and it looks like the first game is getting a remake. Yakuza Kiwami is the title. ^.^

Fun fact, kiwami means "extreme" in Japanese. This game is going to be EXTREMELY fun.
Yes, this sounds extremely familiar.

doafan

« Reply #3028 on: February 27, 2017, 12:23:11 pm »
This past week played Rayman Origins and I will continue playing this title cause want to unlock all the achievements, have currently unlocked 30 of the 36 that this game has also am playing Silent Hill Homecoming, can't believe that purchased this one a couple of years ago and that I just started to playing with it this past 18th, still got some games at my collection that are only keeping dust so guess that eventually will gonna give it a try  ::)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3029 on: February 27, 2017, 06:14:22 pm »
This past week played Rayman Origins and I will continue playing this title cause want to unlock all the achievements, have currently unlocked 30 of the 36 that this game has also am playing Silent Hill Homecoming, can't believe that purchased this one a couple of years ago and that I just started to playing with it this past 18th, still got some games at my collection that are only keeping dust so guess that eventually will gonna give it a try  ::)

Just beat Rayman Origins last night (talked about it in the Games Beaten thread). Fantastic game! One of the best platformers I've ever played.