Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515069 times)

azure

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3045 on: March 09, 2017, 11:07:31 am »
^Oh my god yes. I'm so glad to finally have a Taro Yoko game with a budget. This is everything I could have have ever wanted. I was a little worried that having a big studio behind him would force him to cut down on the crazy, but the second boss is already one of the most beautifully bizarre things I've ever seen. I could screech about this game all week. Of course, I could be a little biased. :P
Me too! I've loved Yoko Taro's game since Drakengard, I assume from your icon you have as well. I must say it is amazing to have a game from him with a budget, I agree. His work definitely shines through in the game so far, and the throwbacks/sidequets to the original Nier are just awesome. I could go on for hours as well  :P The point that really got me was with the boss battle at the amusement park on the first playthrough. Once I started fighting it, heard the boss theme drop in sync with the action, and all the gameplay style shifts I knew it was "Nier". Haha, if that makes sense.

kashell

« Reply #3046 on: March 18, 2017, 06:41:17 pm »
I decided to play an action/platformer game in order to break up the RPG playing for a bit. I'm rocking out with Mr. Bones on the Saturn.

shepard11

« Reply #3047 on: March 19, 2017, 02:21:59 pm »
Decided the last week I'm going to crack 100,000 gamer score this year (i'm at 68,880) so I'm doing a lot of backlog of Xbox 360 and XboxOne this week. I finished up Tales From the Borderlands last night and gotta say man I forgot how much i missed the game and world of Borderlands. I also started playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold for Xbox 360. Is there a game that is as glitchy as that thing that never got patched.

« Reply #3048 on: March 20, 2017, 04:49:19 am »
Anyone who knows Nier: Automata and has like beaten it properly, is there are alot of just replaying the same game multiple times? I beat the game, got ending A, and I'm part way into the next bit that I of course won't spoil for anyone else and I see whats different, but is it significantly different? Am I spending the same amount of time doing similar stuff to get the next ending?  To learn everything, am I going to have to like replay essentially the same game multiple times or is it more condensed down?  I want more story, because it wasn't there in ending A, but the thought of replaying the same stuff I did before is kinda not making want to continue unless I'm gonna get some vastly different experiences.

« Reply #3049 on: March 21, 2017, 12:02:13 am »
Working on a few things right now. Still have an ongoing modded Minecraft game going on pc that I'm going back to every now and then. I started a new character on Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Wii U, I've never gotten real far in it, up towards the end of low rank I think, my new character is just about to get access to the lava map. Horizon Zero Dawn I got about a week or 2 ago while I was sick but haven't played since I've gotten better, Monster Hunter has taken up most of that time. Have also started playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on 3DS. I bought 4U back at its release, before I'd played 3U on Wii U, and hated it, mostly for the controls on 3DS,  and just couldn't figure out the camera controls. Coming back to it though after lots of time on the Wii U I am feeling pretty comfortable. I also have a Circle Pad Pro on the way too so that should really help.

spac316

« Reply #3050 on: March 21, 2017, 12:32:21 am »
I played Dragon Quest Builders on PS4 a bit and I enjoyed it. A charming little game, basically Dragon Quest meets Minecraft. Sent it back to Gamefly and I'll buy my own copy when I see it. But for now, I'm still hooked on Berserk Band of the Hawk.

telly

« Reply #3051 on: March 21, 2017, 11:06:19 pm »
So I tried to beat the boss of Persona 3 tonight. Let me just say that this is one of the most aggravating bosses I have ever fought. It takes about an hour to get him down to low health, and he has 13 forms and attacks that block damage for like three turns. Then towards the end he ends up killing my party every time.

I don't have the time to waste playing a single battle for three hours against one boss. I really like this game, but this boss fight just bothers me for some reason. I ended up watching videos on Youtube while I was playing to pass the time because it was so mindless.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 10:49:26 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3052 on: March 22, 2017, 12:52:30 pm »
More LoZ: Breath of the Wild. It permeates my being. I'm at work, and I'm in my head figuring what crafting items I need to gather, and where to go to get them, to get my next set of upgrades.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 12:54:40 pm by burningdoom »

ferraroso

« Reply #3053 on: March 22, 2017, 12:55:19 pm »
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation on the Xbox 360.
In the hype for Ace Combat 7!!!

telly

« Reply #3054 on: March 22, 2017, 01:19:35 pm »
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation on the Xbox 360.
In the hype for Ace Combat 7!!!

I am soooooo hyped for AC7. I'm very optimistic that it will be great since the game it's returning to Strangreal, has the writer from AC4 and 5 and the composer from 5, Zero, etc. Can't wait :D
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #3055 on: March 22, 2017, 02:02:50 pm »
Breath of the wild. Im having a blast with it!

shepard11

« Reply #3056 on: March 22, 2017, 02:44:34 pm »
Been playing The Wolf Among Us and Dead Rising 3 the last couple of nights. I just can't get enough of those Telltale games as of late.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3057 on: March 22, 2017, 04:56:07 pm »
I've been playing Breath of the Wild mostly.  I'm sprinkling in a little Blaster Master Zero because it's awesome.

Then, there's this other thing I've gotten ate up with.  That's Pinball.  I freaking love pinball right now.  There's something hypnotic about shutting your brain off and just keeping the ball going.  I bought Pinball Arcade for the PS4 because I can't afford a real pinball table.  Holy Shit this is fun!  I love it.  I just with the DLC of more tables wasn't so damn high. ($30-$40 /season and there's 6 seasons available) 

This has me looking into Virtual Pinball. Anyone ever fooled with one of those?

desocietas

« Reply #3058 on: March 22, 2017, 08:51:11 pm »
I've been playing Breath of the Wild mostly.  I'm sprinkling in a little Blaster Master Zero because it's awesome.

Then, there's this other thing I've gotten ate up with.  That's Pinball.  I freaking love pinball right now.  There's something hypnotic about shutting your brain off and just keeping the ball going.  I bought Pinball Arcade for the PS4 because I can't afford a real pinball table.  Holy Shit this is fun!  I love it.  I just with the DLC of more tables wasn't so damn high. ($30-$40 /season and there's 6 seasons available) 

This has me looking into Virtual Pinball. Anyone ever fooled with one of those?

I've played the Pinball FX games on the 360 and really enjoyed those (they did a great job with the vibrations and weight of the ball in the games), and those were really affordable imo.  They have them on Steam as well, though I haven't checked to see if they incorporated the vibration function with that version. That was what really won me over.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #3059 on: March 23, 2017, 08:13:56 am »
Mr. Bones was a good time. Now, I'm back to the RPG fun. My current game is Shining Force III.