Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 513659 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3060 on: March 23, 2017, 08:21:55 am »
Picked up Horizon: Zero Dawn yesterday, giving the game a try because I've heard good things.

« Reply #3061 on: March 28, 2017, 04:43:58 am »
I recently felt like snapping my controller in half...Yup, it's Dark Souls time lol

Dove deep into the last DLC for DS3 and its got some infuriating stuff for sure.  For the most part, it has a nice challenge, but there's a couple really obnoxious long distance enemies that you can't take out straight up and makes like the first couple couple hours annoying.  I hate things like this, they aren't fun.  Otherwise I did the first boss fight, which was a good battle.  Thought it was gonna be way worse, but I brought in an AI partner to help after a few deaths and managed to do it.  I put my gear back to something more durable and maybe could've done it on my own, but honestly, I hate bashing my head against something for too long.  I'm not one to spend like an hour or two on ONE thing.

« Reply #3062 on: March 29, 2017, 05:13:28 am »
Did the new content for Final Fantasy XV and was fairly disappointed.  The tiny Chapter 13 additions, while I didn't play anything Noctis related, the added Gladio stuff feels abit like a demo for the Episode with him.  It's there, but it doesn't really improve on the greater issues of the game and honestly, adds a new gap to the story rather than replacing one.  Then I played Episode Gladiolus and it's short.  The story takes an hour and you get a score attack and special boss.  About it.  Once again, there's good story tidbits given, the gameplay good, the final boss is good, and they added two rocking songs, but otherwise, it feels abit lacking.  For being about Gladiolus, he really doesn't come out truly learning anything.  It's more "Episode Cor" than anything with how much you learn about him lol  Can't really recommend it unless you are a diehard FFXV fan and that's really tough to be.

kashell

« Reply #3063 on: March 29, 2017, 09:58:59 am »
Did the new content for Final Fantasy XV and was fairly disappointed.  The tiny Chapter 13 additions, while I didn't play anything Noctis related, the added Gladio stuff feels abit like a demo for the Episode with him.  It's there, but it doesn't really improve on the greater issues of the game and honestly, adds a new gap to the story rather than replacing one.  Then I played Episode Gladiolus and it's short.  The story takes an hour and you get a score attack and special boss.  About it.  Once again, there's good story tidbits given, the gameplay good, the final boss is good, and they added two rocking songs, but otherwise, it feels abit lacking.  For being about Gladiolus, he really doesn't come out truly learning anything.  It's more "Episode Cor" than anything with how much you learn about him lol  Can't really recommend it unless you are a diehard FFXV fan and that's really tough to be.

Is this the one where we get to see a shirtless Gladio? That dude is built!

desocietas

« Reply #3064 on: March 29, 2017, 02:18:41 pm »

Kash asking the hard-hitting questions! But it's true, I was annoyed that everyone could take off their jackets to reveal their shirts. But Gladio only has an outer shirt on with no undershirt. So when he took off his outer shirt, he magically put on an undershirt...  :-\
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #3065 on: March 29, 2017, 04:18:22 pm »

I sadly must inform you that Gladio doesn't take his jacket off in the DLC.  That glorious bod will only ever be teased with his revealing abs.

doafan

« Reply #3066 on: March 31, 2017, 02:19:48 pm »
Stared to play this week Mortal Kombat 9, the last achievement that I got from this tittle was from this past 2012 so after almost five years decided to continue the progress that already had from the story mode where have unlocked recently the achievement Halfway There! which means that finally have completed the 50% of the story mode am also playing DOA5 Ultimate or should I say Dead or Alive Last Round, started to get some interest in getting some "pictures" at the spectator mode  :o

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #3067 on: April 02, 2017, 03:29:40 pm »
Currently playing Shadow of The Colossus (the ps3 version), Donkey Kong Country 3, Never Alone on Xbox one and EA Sports UFC2

shepard11

« Reply #3068 on: April 02, 2017, 09:28:06 pm »
In my quest to crack 100,000 gamer score I started playing soul caliber V and MVC2 last night first time in probably first time like 5 years. Forgot how fun those games are.

« Reply #3069 on: April 04, 2017, 12:31:05 am »
I'm now slightly regretting having bought The Witness.  So many of these puzzles are incredibly hard to figure out lol

How I think it's supposed to go, you are meant to maybe figure out what certain symbols and colors mean on kinda easier stuff and then as you go on, you got a better idea on what to do with harder ones, but far too often I'm just not figuring out what the black dots and the white really mean, even though I've gotten through a number puzzles with them or with any other symbol.  Everytime I think I have the puzzle worked out, what the symbol could mean, I find out I absolutely don't.  I also absolutely hate on some lines of puzzles, if you fail, it will close that one and make you redo the previous one, but its already still saved, so you just look at what you did, trace it really quick, power up the next one, and hope you get it right.  I think this is terrible design as it's not punishing you, it's just creating more tedious busywork.  I could understand it slightly as a way to keep people from brute forcing some puzzles, but it's very random when it does this too you.

I'm gonna keep trying, but I've been making my way around the island continually finding stuff that stops progression.  Frustrating game for sure, but interesting.

« Reply #3070 on: April 07, 2017, 05:59:21 am »
I love playing online games. Now I am playing Drift Rally Racing and Super Slugger. There are so many games, some of them are very entertaining. After a hard working day it's a good way to remove stress.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 06:10:33 am by muntyjack »

danball

« Reply #3071 on: April 07, 2017, 01:46:59 pm »
Shadow Hearts 2
Breath of the Wild
Street Fighter Alpha 3

abe

« Reply #3072 on: April 10, 2017, 07:13:53 pm »
Persona 5! 8) It's quite the experience, and was worth the wait. I'm around the 30 hour mark and it feels like I've barely scratched the surface. If the story trophies are any indication of the game's length, I'm not even at the halfway mark yet! :o

I'm also playing Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker. Having lots of fun with that too, though I'm mainly only playing on lunch breaks at work and as a result progressing much more slowly than with P5.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #3073 on: April 11, 2017, 03:12:09 pm »
I'm currently playing:
  • Pang Adventures (PS4)
  • Giana Sisters (DS)

kashell

« Reply #3074 on: April 12, 2017, 11:52:09 am »
Courtesy of Lady "Deso" D, I'm playing another one of her Secret Santa gifts. This time, I'm playing Ghosthunter. It's not scary in the slightest, but I'm still enjoying it. It's the perfect game to act as a break between RPGs.