Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514939 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3090 on: April 18, 2017, 09:45:50 am »
I played maybe 20 minutes of Shovel Knight last night. That game rules! It's so much fun. It will be hard for me to keep from playing it until I can finish some of my other games that I've been eyeing, mainly REmake on the GameCube.

Skip it all and play Shovel Knight.  It's a blast.  I love the resurgence of good 2D platformers.  Shovel Knight and the Shantae games are some of my favorite games from the past few years.

kashell

« Reply #3091 on: April 18, 2017, 09:45:59 am »
I played maybe 20 minutes of Shovel Knight last night. That game rules! It's so much fun. It will be hard for me to keep from playing it until I can finish some of my other games that I've been eyeing, mainly REmake on the GameCube.

Hellz yes! Such a great game!!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3092 on: April 18, 2017, 12:54:33 pm »

Skip it all and play Shovel Knight.  It's a blast.  I love the resurgence of good 2D platformers.  Shovel Knight and the Shantae games are some of my favorite games from the past few years.

Both of those games are amazing REmake and Shovel Knight are two of my favorite of the modern generation (here I am dating myself, lol, I kind of consider anything post 2D consoles "modern").

REmake is one of the best remakes ever done, either that or Metroid Zero Mission may be the greatest remake ever done. The graphics, especially lighting effects, are amazing considering they did that on a GameCube!

And Shovel Knight is one of the best 2D platformers ever made, bar-none. Right up there with the likes of Mario, Sonic, and Rayman. It's like NES DuckTales meets Mega Man, and it's awesome!

« Reply #3093 on: April 23, 2017, 09:13:28 am »
I've been playing Nioh.  I'm generally enjoying it, but it is not quite as good as I was hoping (granted my expectations were super high).It's definitely a lot more similar to Dark Souls than a lot of reviews were indicating, but there are definitely some aspects that they copied and probably shouldn't have, as well as some aspects that they would have done well to copy.  Enemy placement isn't quite as thoughtful and while I do miss an open world, I do like how the mission structure creates a more friendly way to just sit down and play for a little bit.

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #3094 on: April 24, 2017, 10:46:26 am »
I simply cannot stop playing Under Defeat on PS3. I've been on a shmup kick as of late, and this has been my latest addiction. Yeah, it can get VERY sluggish at times, especially when you drop a bomb, but I'm still having fun. It's not as easy as I'd thought it'd be. If you want a physical copy of this, I'd track it down quick.

« Reply #3095 on: April 24, 2017, 12:40:15 pm »
I managed to finish all of the games that I was in the middle of (bar my long term short burst games) over the weekend.  So I was going to make another post seeking suggestions for what to play next... but it appears Statik released today, so I'll probably jump into that this evening... but I'm not convinced that this game will last me very long or that I won't wind up drawing out finishing it... sooooooooo, still need to find a new game to jump into, either with Statik or after Statik.

I'm getting quite comfortable with my retro game room after a little rearrangement, so I'm thinking either PS1 or PS2.  Maybe Fear Effect, or maybe something terrible on PS2.

shepard11

« Reply #3096 on: April 24, 2017, 05:04:06 pm »
I'm finishing up Lego Jurassic World trying to 100% that game then I have to figure out what game I got from Target clearance to try to clear. Toy Soldiers and Batman Telltale are the two front runners.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3097 on: April 24, 2017, 06:39:29 pm »

I'm loving this!

This collection is worth it for DuckTales 2 alone, since that gem goes for $150, used.

But then you add all the rest of those great games, and that is one of the best ways I've ever spent $20! I will say there is a little slowdown here or there, but it's not happening enough that it's a deal-breaker or anything. And nothing anyone that grew up with the NES hasn't experienced before, either.

I'll be focusing on this one for a little bit.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 02:56:31 pm by burningdoom »

kashell

« Reply #3098 on: April 25, 2017, 08:43:05 am »
While the game room is getting some much needed maintenance, I decided to fire up the Vita. I'm playing Trillion: God of Destruction.

I have to give Idea Factory credit. They really know how to cater to their fans. This game is stylish, quirky and full of hilarious dialogue that has been translated to perfection. Plus, there is a load of free DLC that includes the Neptunia crew. It adds even more wackiness to the game's premise.

I'm about two hours in and really enjoying it. Let's hope this momentum continues.

« Reply #3099 on: April 25, 2017, 09:19:51 am »
I managed to finish all of the games that I was in the middle of (bar my long term short burst games) over the weekend.  So I was going to make another post seeking suggestions for what to play next... but it appears Statik released today, so I'll probably jump into that this evening... but I'm not convinced that this game will last me very long or that I won't wind up drawing out finishing it... sooooooooo, still need to find a new game to jump into, either with Statik or after Statik.

I'm getting quite comfortable with my retro game room after a little rearrangement, so I'm thinking either PS1 or PS2.  Maybe Fear Effect, or maybe something terrible on PS2.
So, I beat Statik already.  I might go finish Lococycle while my wife is playing What Remains of Edith Finch so I don't get any spoilers.  Otherwise, to the game room to find a retro game to play.

doafan

« Reply #3100 on: April 25, 2017, 01:50:17 pm »
Purchased this past 12th my digital copy of Rayman Legends and since then me and my daughter have been playing this title every day, we have currently unlocked 28 achievements as a proud dad have to say that at least 75% of them where unlocked by my little girl (Fuck Yeah), right now we are obsessed with the Challenges cause we are trying to beat other people records, already got the Bronze and the Silver cups and really hope that we can have the Gold this week also this past Sunday downloaded and started to play Team Kirby Clash Deluxe for the 3DS, my daughter plays this one at day and I help her to level up her profile after she got to bed, we are currently at level 12 and damn we are getting a hard time to get those Apples, this is a free game so the only way to get them is to wait 12 hours or to defeat the enemies also we have to unlock some special achievements to get more, this morning before I came to work obtained 18, last night had 67 Apples but my daughter spend all of them purchasing weapons and accessories for the characters  :o

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #3101 on: April 25, 2017, 01:52:43 pm »
My wife beat Edith Finch and Ethan Carter today, so I guess I'll be jumping into those two.

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #3102 on: April 26, 2017, 09:53:19 am »
I'm still playing Under Defeated on PS3 and am about to move into Sunset Riders on SNES.

« Reply #3103 on: April 26, 2017, 10:46:01 am »
Just picked up a 3DS.  I was checking out reviews and saw Pushmo was rated pretty high.  It was a cheap down load, so I bought it.  Totally worth the loot.  My son are almost done with all the levels....then time to get Crashmo

He's no good to me skinny.

desocietas

« Reply #3104 on: April 26, 2017, 03:40:05 pm »
Just picked up a 3DS.  I was checking out reviews and saw Pushmo was rated pretty high.  It was a cheap down load, so I bought it.  Totally worth the loot.  My son are almost done with all the levels....then time to get Crashmo

The Pushmo games are great! I think there's a total of 4 games, right? 3 of them are on 3DS :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas