Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514827 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3165 on: May 25, 2017, 08:23:12 am »
I finally started Bloodborne.

Oh. My. F***. This game is close to perfection. It hits all the right notes as an action game AND as a horror game. I just finished the Clerical Beast and can't wait to keep going.

I also started Utawarerumono, which no one else on VG Collect has ever heard of. ^.~
It took me getting used to the stagger system and not having a shield to really get into Bloodborne.

Also, every time I see Utawarerumono, I read it as underwaterrayromano.

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #3166 on: May 25, 2017, 10:16:11 am »
I was so exhausted after field day yesterday (I'm a teacher)... I didn't play anything. I'll be jumping into Fire Emblem Echoes today because I have an early release. Luckily, I'll have a few hours alone... and then the wife and kid will arrive.

doafan

« Reply #3167 on: May 28, 2017, 02:11:57 pm »
Can't stop playing Kirby Clash Deluxe yesterday was able to reach level 49 also have unlocked the last path to reach the latest bosses which by the way are so fucking expensive to access, still haven't paid a single dollar/peso to upgrade the armor or the weapons neither to have a boost to kill any of the enemies, practice makes perfection and knowing the pattern of movements helped me a lot here also am playing again Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate, noticed that for a limited time they unlocked Nyotengu so since she is not a free character I decided to get all of her costumes now that I got the chance, if by anyway I can have some extra money definitely will gonna purchase her and Phase 4, it's to bad that Team Ninja aren't giving support to the 360 version, would love to have some of the newest costumes  :-\

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

desocietas

« Reply #3168 on: May 28, 2017, 03:08:27 pm »
I also started Utawarerumono, which no one else on VG Collect has ever heard of. ^.~

Haha, I picked it up! I haven't cracked it open yet... still slowly meandering through P5 :/
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

shepard11

« Reply #3169 on: May 28, 2017, 04:40:55 pm »
Free Overwatch weekend on the Xbox One figure I'll try it out. And I can see why a lot of people play this but to me it was just like playing Team Fortress 2 in college. I might pick it up if I ever find it cheap but at full price it ain't for me.

azure

« Reply #3170 on: May 28, 2017, 06:03:14 pm »
Finished up the 100% for Zone of the Enders and watched the OVA as well. Going through the franchise again, playing ZoE: Fist of Mars next, which is the only ZoE thing I've never played/watched.

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #3171 on: May 29, 2017, 03:11:12 pm »
I'm playing Strafe onPS4. It's fun but it needs its bugs fixed!

kashell

« Reply #3172 on: May 30, 2017, 08:15:01 am »

Haha, I picked it up! I haven't cracked it open yet... still slowly meandering through P5 :/

Aww, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

It's actually pretty good. It's definitely more of a visual novel with strategy battles tacked on as an after thought, but I'm enjoying it for the most part.

telly

« Reply #3173 on: May 30, 2017, 08:47:09 am »
I'm about 30 hours into Tales of Symphonia. I'm probably going to play Demon's Souls next! It'll be my first souls game.  :)
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #3174 on: May 30, 2017, 09:09:53 am »
Man-oh-man. I'm jealous that you'll be experiencing Demon's Souls for the first time. Also, I can't think of a better game to introduce you to the Souls series.

telly

« Reply #3175 on: May 30, 2017, 09:13:56 am »
That's good to hear; I wasn't sure if it makes sense to start with Demon's Souls, the first Dark Souls, or even go further back to King's Field, haha
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #3176 on: May 30, 2017, 09:34:37 am »
That's good to hear; I wasn't sure if it makes sense to start with Demon's Souls, the first Dark Souls, or even go further back to King's Field, haha

I'd stay away from King's Field. They've aged poorly. Cement-foot controls, poor pacing, and a poor interface make it difficult to play.

« Reply #3177 on: May 30, 2017, 09:36:36 am »
I'm about 30 hours into Tales of Symphonia. I'm probably going to play Demon's Souls next! It'll be my first souls game.  :)
As someone who dove into the genre recently, it's really really good.  Demon's Souls and Bloodborne are top tier.

I'm planning on getting Dark Souls III Fire Fades edition so I can finish the Souls genre, but it's a bit more than I want to spend right now.

Anybody have any suggestions of games to play?  I'm just about done with 3D Dot Game Heroes, whether I finish it or abandon it.  Not sure what to jump into now.

I'd stay away from King's Field. They've aged poorly. Cement-foot controls, poor pacing, and a poor interface make it difficult to play.
I literally yesterday bought King's Field.  I've seen videos and it looks pretty bad age wise, but I'm going to give it a go at some point.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 09:46:20 am by ignition365 »

azure

« Reply #3178 on: May 30, 2017, 10:34:00 am »
The King's Field series has most certainly not aged well, and are clunky for today's standards. I still can't help but enjoy them though.

Anybody have any suggestions of games to play?  I'm just about done with 3D Dot Game Heroes, whether I finish it or abandon it.  Not sure what to jump into now.

Judging form your sig I see you got MS Saga. If I remember correctly you like SD Gundam model kits, so you will get a kick out of seeing all your favorite suits in SD battling it out in an RPG.  I'd check that out if you're up for an RPG.

« Reply #3179 on: May 30, 2017, 10:59:58 am »
The King's Field series has most certainly not aged well, and are clunky for today's standards. I still can't help but enjoy them though.

Judging form your sig I see you got MS Saga. If I remember correctly you like SD Gundam model kits, so you will get a kick out of seeing all your favorite suits in SD battling it out in an RPG.  I'd check that out if you're up for an RPG.
Gundam is a weird thing for me.  I've never had any real interest in it except for the original SD gundam show because it was funny as heck.  My best friend growing up was a huge fan of Gundam and he passed away 10 years ago this August, we played games a lot (Armored Core, Timesplitters, Smash Bros, etc.) but I almost never played his 2 of his favorite series... Battlefront and Gundam.  I've been trying to get into both or at the very least acquire said games.

I do rather enjoy putting together the model kits though, stickers and painting aside.

A PS2 game would be good though, so maybe I'll give MS Saga a go.