Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515306 times)

telly

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3210 on: June 12, 2017, 03:02:18 pm »
I decided I'd try something completely different. I have a lot of the Telltale games, but haven't ever given them a go. Season 7 of Game of Thrones is coming up, I thought I'd give the game a go.

I'll be damned if this isn't fun!  I like all the decision making and it affecting the story later on.

I have a slew of these Telltale games: Back to The Future, Tales From Borderlands, Wolf Among Us...
I need to play through these!

The Walking Dead one is really fun too!
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

solaine

« Reply #3211 on: June 12, 2017, 03:26:26 pm »
My boyfriend and I like to play through JRPGs together. Currently we're on Paper Mario about halfway through Chapter 7.

« Reply #3212 on: June 13, 2017, 09:51:23 pm »
So, with the announcement that Prime 4 is getting made, I'd like to play the Prime trilogy.

Anybody have any insight into whether the GCN or Wii version of 1 and 2 are the better titles to play?

I'm thinking that GCN might play better, but since 3 is Wii-mote regardless, I might as well get a head start on the gameplay mechanics.

azure

« Reply #3213 on: June 13, 2017, 10:21:49 pm »
So, with the announcement that Prime 4 is getting made, I'd like to play the Prime trilogy.

Anybody have any insight into whether the GCN or Wii version of 1 and 2 are the better titles to play?

I'm thinking that GCN might play better, but since 3 is Wii-mote regardless, I might as well get a head start on the gameplay mechanics.

They both play well, just different. The trilogy only has minor differences for the first 2 Prime games aside from looking slightly better and being 16:9. Prime Trilogy does have the more precise aiming with the Wii mote, and if you just want a head start on the control setup like you said. One thing to mention though is in the trilogy when you beat Prime 1 you unlock the fusion suit that way, while in the original you had to link up to Metroid Fusion on GBA. Doesn't matter if you aren't going to do multiple playthroughs though as you would be done with the game at that point.  In my opinion it doesn't matter which port you play, they all will give you a solid Prime experience.

kashell

« Reply #3214 on: June 19, 2017, 08:04:11 am »
I've been taking a breaks between Bloodborne's Chalice Dungeons by playing some more light-hearted stuff. Right now, I'm going through Croc. It's super cute, but damn do I hate these controls.

« Reply #3215 on: June 19, 2017, 08:32:34 am »
I've been taking a breaks between Bloodborne's Chalice Dungeons by playing some more light-hearted stuff. Right now, I'm going through Croc. It's super cute, but damn do I hate these controls.
The Chalice Dungeons are so interesting... REALLY reminds me of Demon's Souls in how you get certain types of items from certain chalices.

kashell

« Reply #3216 on: June 19, 2017, 08:49:49 am »
The Chalice Dungeons are so interesting... REALLY reminds me of Demon's Souls in how you get certain types of items from certain chalices.

Indeed, they've been pretty fun.

The initial ones have that dark-fantasy look found in World 2 of Demon's Souls and/or Blight Town in Dark Souls. Those areas started to get a bit redundant near the end. They were too same-y and became predictable, save for the bosses at the end.

These new ones I'm in have a desert setting. It's such a unique change of scenery from anything in the Soulsborne series from the ones I've played. Even better, they are lucrative AF. I am getting Blood Echoes out the yin-yang. I'm so pleased.

azure

« Reply #3217 on: June 19, 2017, 11:32:15 am »
I really like Croc, the controls are just very slippery. The whole game feels like you are on ice to me and really makes some of the more precise platforming more difficult than it should be.

« Reply #3218 on: June 19, 2017, 01:21:35 pm »
With the announcement of Metroid Prime 4 and Metroid 2 for 3DS a couple of days back, I took it upon myself to start Super Metroid for real this time. I have a couple of options on what to play it on but because the game was on sale for the 3DS, I bought that version to have a portable experience. Needless to say, I have done a good amount in the last couple of days. This is the only 2D Metroid game aside from 2 I havent played through.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3219 on: June 19, 2017, 01:56:27 pm »
With the announcement of Metroid Prime 4 and Metroid 2 for 3DS a couple of days back, I took it upon myself to start Super Metroid for real this time. I have a couple of options on what to play it on but because the game was on sale for the 3DS, I bought that version to have a portable experience. Needless to say, I have done a good amount in the last couple of days. This is the only 2D Metroid game aside from 2 I havent played through.

Helluva experience the first time through. I envy you. Easily the best Metroid game, and one of the best video games ever made, period.

azure

« Reply #3220 on: June 22, 2017, 09:07:11 pm »
I'm replaying Xenoblade Chronicles and Fire Emblem Awakening, getting a refresher for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and FE Warriors respectively. Decided to pick up and play the 3DS version of Xenoblade for my replay, because why not? It is actually very good as a portable title, with just a few muddy textures here and there. Having a blast with it again none the less. After my replay of Awakening I guess I should finally give Fire Emblem Fates a shot, since it seems to have a large presence in Fire Emblem Warriors. Anyone play Fates and want to share their opinion? I've avoided it with the localization issues, censorship etc. I like Awakening, but Fates just seems to deviate a lot from the traditional FE formula.

shepard11

« Reply #3221 on: June 22, 2017, 11:37:18 pm »
Been slowly making my way through Wolfenstein 3D and Wolfenstein the New Order. Seeing the trailer for the new one kinda reignited my love for this series. Hell might even bust out Return to Castle Wolfenstein on my OG Xbox once I'm done with these.

« Reply #3222 on: June 23, 2017, 10:43:51 pm »
Finished Mister Mosquito and didnt know what to play next so I started playing The Italian Job on PS2.  Not very good.

Don't know what to hop into next.

« Reply #3223 on: June 25, 2017, 12:12:54 am »
Currently at the last mission of GTA V. Just started Sleeping Dogs on X360, had a 6 hour long save file from a few years ago but I deleted it and started again because I can barely remember the story. Also gonna start Space Channel  5 today on Dreamcast.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3224 on: June 25, 2017, 12:47:56 am »
Been slowly making my way through Wolfenstein 3D and Wolfenstein the New Order. Seeing the trailer for the new one kinda reignited my love for this series. Hell might even bust out Return to Castle Wolfenstein on my OG Xbox once I'm done with these.

New Order is fantastic. Loved it. Can't wait for Colossus.

Have you played the prequel, Old Blood? It is a bit harder than New Order, but still the same gameplay and timeline/characters, except set during the war in the 40s. Just as fun if you want more of that kind of action.