Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514975 times)

shepard11

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3225 on: June 25, 2017, 04:21:43 pm »
Been slowly making my way through Wolfenstein 3D and Wolfenstein the New Order. Seeing the trailer for the new one kinda reignited my love for this series. Hell might even bust out Return to Castle Wolfenstein on my OG Xbox once I'm done with these.

New Order is fantastic. Loved it. Can't wait for Colossus.

Have you played the prequel, Old Blood? It is a bit harder than New Order, but still the same gameplay and timeline/characters, except set during the war in the 40s. Just as fun if you want more of that kind of action.

I own Old Blood just haven't played it yet. It's on my list of stuff I want to play through.

« Reply #3226 on: June 25, 2017, 10:43:36 pm »
Been playing a lot of Black Ops 3 online. It got really fun again for some reason. Hard to tear myself away from it. xD
PC gamer and enthusiast; C&C fanboy and modder.

« Reply #3227 on: June 25, 2017, 11:30:47 pm »
I know I said I was playing Super Metroid but I just need to get this out of my chest......Fuck Ridley, that is all.

« Reply #3228 on: June 26, 2017, 08:22:00 am »
Finally started playing Tecmo's Deception.  Pretty interesting.  I might make this a slow play so I don't get burned out, so I can make it through the whole franchise over the rest of the year or so.

exhuminator

« Reply #3229 on: June 27, 2017, 10:20:00 pm »
After having owned it since 2012, I've finally gotten around to playing Xenoblade Chronicles. It's one of those well regarded JRPGs that every gamer I personally know's already played and beaten. I suppose I was hesitant to start the game due to its length. However at 12 hours in now, I'd say for the most part the experience is living up to the hype. There are some QoL changes I would have liked regarding menus and GUI aspects, but the core exploratory nature is sublime. Also the characters and plot's actually maintaining my interest (a rarity for JRPGs). I know I still have a long way to go (not that I'm complaining) but thus far Xenoblade Chronicles does a lot more right than wrong.

azure

« Reply #3230 on: June 27, 2017, 11:04:43 pm »
After having owned it since 2012, I've finally gotten around to playing Xenoblade Chronicles. It's one of those well regarded JRPGs that every gamer I personally know's already played and beaten. I suppose I was hesitant to start the game due to its length. However at 12 hours in now, I'd say for the most part the experience is living up to the hype. There are some QoL changes I would have liked regarding menus and GUI aspects, but the core exploratory nature is sublime. Also the characters and plot's actually maintaining my interest (a rarity for JRPGs). I know I still have a long way to go (not that I'm complaining) but thus far Xenoblade Chronicles does a lot more right than wrong.
I'm currently replaying it myself, glad to hear you're enjoying it. It is quite long, but it's worth it.

« Reply #3231 on: June 28, 2017, 03:53:10 am »
Just beat Episode Prompto for Final Fantasy XV and unfortunately it's not very good.  I gave the main game a lot of leeway, as it's a game with a lot of troubling problems in it, but I could look past it's faults because I really dug the main guys and Ardyn and I liked it despite the problems.  I can't be so forgiving of content released months after the games release.  Episode Gladio was competent, but bad because it was just a gauntlet run to the boss, which was the only good element as that boss fight was great.  Incredibly short too, which was both a good and bad thing depending on how you look at it.

Prompto on the other hand is a bigger experience, offering more unique aspects, but I think it missed the point.  I was hoping the Episodes were gonna offer more depth to the story or just new details in general and really give us something we haven't seen with the characters, but we get none of that here.  I won't spoil any specifics, but while it has a few good fights and the open area to explore is kinda fun, I don't learn anything new about Prompto, or the Empire, or truly everything that happened to Prompto while he was gone.  It might also have the worst boss fight in the entire game in both premise and execution. I think the only worse final boss I've fought in something recently was the one from Shadow of Mordor lol

It's really undercut any hype I might have for Episode Ignis in December.  6 months away, it's got less interesting story potential than Prompto, and while there is a part of me that likes playing as just these characters with new gameplay elements, if there story isn't there, it's hard to draw me in fully.

telly

« Reply #3232 on: June 28, 2017, 10:13:26 am »
My PSN profile hasn't been updating but I've beat 7 demons in Demon's Souls so far. Liking the game so far, though there are ton of glitches and pretty game breaking bugs that have somewhat spoiled the experience.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #3233 on: June 28, 2017, 03:50:22 pm »
My PSN profile hasn't been updating but I've beat 7 demons in Demon's Souls so far. Liking the game so far, though there are ton of glitches and pretty game breaking bugs that have somewhat spoiled the experience.

I never got too far in that one.  I thought it was to janky and not very fun because of it.  Dark Souls really improved the series and made it more enjoyable to play.

telly

« Reply #3234 on: June 29, 2017, 09:49:30 am »

I never got too far in that one.  I thought it was to janky and not very fun because of it.  Dark Souls really improved the series and made it more enjoyable to play.

I've had 80% of my play sessions devolve into horrible sound glitching and frame rate drops. I've been kicked off the servers multiple times while I was fighting enemies meaning I would die and lose my progress. I've also died from falling through the world because the game didn't load the floor. It's really been ruining the experience, and I'm not sure how to fix it either  :-\
Currently Playing:

« Reply #3235 on: June 29, 2017, 09:53:07 am »

I've had 80% of my play sessions devolve into horrible sound glitching and frame rate drops. I've been kicked off the servers multiple times while I was fighting enemies meaning I would die and lose my progress. I've also died from falling through the world because the game didn't load the floor. It's really been ruining the experience, and I'm not sure how to fix it either  :-\
I never had ANY of those issues.  I think I may have played in offline mode though.  I can't really recall.

telly

« Reply #3236 on: June 29, 2017, 10:01:07 am »

I never had ANY of those issues.  I think I may have played in offline mode though.  I can't really recall.

I'll see if it changes if I'm in offline mode or when I'm online. Half the time I can't even log onto the server in the first place, haha.  ::)

It's a shame, because I love the online features!
Currently Playing:

« Reply #3237 on: June 29, 2017, 10:34:03 am »

I'll see if it changes if I'm in offline mode or when I'm online. Half the time I can't even log onto the server in the first place, haha.  ::)

It's a shame, because I love the online features!
I feel like I remember seeing tons of bloodstains and messages, which wouldn't be the case if I was offline, but I may have mixed it up and played online sometimes.

exhuminator

« Reply #3238 on: June 30, 2017, 12:36:24 am »
Finally started playing Tecmo's Deception.  Pretty interesting.  I might make this a slow play so I don't get burned out, so I can make it through the whole franchise over the rest of the year or so.
The first game is pretty rough, being first person and all. The sequel greatly improves the gameplay, the third greatly improves the graphics, and then a lot of people forget about Trapt on the PS2, so don't miss that one. I haven't played Deception IV yet, but I've got it on Vita. Cool series.

kashell

« Reply #3239 on: June 30, 2017, 08:41:52 am »
I started The Silver Case last night. It's nice to take a break with a visual novel adventure.