Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 505097 times)

telly

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3255 on: July 16, 2017, 07:38:10 pm »
I finally got a video cable splitter so I can play Time Crisis 3 with the GunCon. I have to put my PS2 flat and perpendicular to the TV for the two cables to both reach, which is annoying, but I just need to buy an extension cable to fix it.

Anyway, holy crap this game is fun. Pure arcade awesomeness :D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 08:50:08 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #3256 on: July 17, 2017, 08:02:33 am »
Red Ninja: End of Honor.  I'm at the 3rd area/level/stage of the game (1/3 of the way through the game it sounds) and I'm actually quite enjoying it.

Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of bad in this game, but I'm finding it enjoyable.  The stealth mechanics are mostly broken, but the game seems to be quite forgiving in the combat area.  The platforming mechanics are frustrating but they either allow for quick recovery and there are literally 0 loading times between deaths.  So no getting angry waiting on loading screens.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 09:02:58 am by ignition365 »

telly

« Reply #3257 on: July 17, 2017, 11:06:08 pm »
I'm also still playing Yu-Gi-Oh on my GBA, but it's not a great game. Very slow, samey, gets old really quick, and not a lot of substance other than playing the actual card game digitally.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

exhuminator

« Reply #3258 on: July 18, 2017, 09:25:39 am »
Most recently I beat Jake Hunter Detective Story: Memories of the Past on the DS.

Now I'm currently playing Glass Rose on PS2. I'm trying to finish Glass Rose so that I can say I've completed every CiNG adventure game.

After that I plan to return to Xenoblade Chronicles. I've got about 23 hours in it currently.

azure

« Reply #3259 on: July 18, 2017, 09:25:25 pm »
(3DS) Xenoblade Chronicles 3D: At the end of the game, the 3DS version has been pretty solid I must say.

(3DS) Fire Emblem Awakening: Also nearing the end on this replay as well, not sure if I will jump straight into Fates after this. It's the only FE game I haven't played and looks like I should know some of the characters for when Warriors releases.

(PS4) Dragon Quest Builders: Started this one today and I'm having a blast with it. Mostly because it is DQ, but it really is a fun Adventure/Building game. Didn't expect to like it so much, because I find Minecraft absolutely boring.

azure

« Reply #3260 on: July 18, 2017, 09:25:48 pm »
*Double post for some reason*

« Reply #3261 on: July 21, 2017, 04:55:00 pm »
Fallout 4
Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4
Tekken 7

desocietas

« Reply #3262 on: July 21, 2017, 07:36:37 pm »
Fired up Harvest Moon: Boy and Girl last night and had no idea that it's a repackaged Harvest Moon: Back to Nature. Like literally, after you choose Boy or Girl at the front screen, it'll have a second title screen that says "Harvest Moon: Back to Nature" and a start/load option. I'll still try it out since I've been craving another handheld game, but just funny that they marketed it as if it were a whole other game.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 07:38:47 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

brazbit

« Reply #3263 on: July 22, 2017, 01:17:02 pm »
I have been on a bit of a Qix kick lately.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qix

I first discovered this game in the early 80s on the Atari 400 and it has drawn me in time and again ever since.

The Lynx version is my favorite but I have lately been playing it on the 3DS virtual console of the GameBoy version. It is a unique experience playing a game that is traditionally so colorful in B&W. It adds a new level of challenge since it is much harder to tell when the Qix changes direction. Plus depending on your score you get Mario in some rather stereotypical costumes, varies depending on score.
List from: http://www.nindb.net/gb/qix/index.html
50,000-149,999pts: Mexico Mario
150,000-249,999pts: Africa Mario
250,000-299,999pts: Spain Mario
300,000-349,999pts: India Mario
350,000-399,999pts: China Mario
400,000-499,999pts: England Mario
500,000pts or more: Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toads in a castle
http://www.nindb.net/gb/qix/img/cameos/marioworld.png <--Image of all 7 of these

If you haven't played this game, I would suggest giving it a try. It is much like Tetris in that it lends itself equally well as something quick to kill a minute or two while standing in line or as an extended, nearly meditative, gaming session. It is available on a wide variety of platforms. https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Qix/Versions

telly

« Reply #3264 on: July 25, 2017, 09:17:17 pm »
I was looking for something to play on my roommate's PS3 before I move out at the end of the week, decided to give Flower a try. It's interesting for sure. Not sure what I think about it just yet.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #3265 on: July 26, 2017, 07:57:01 am »
I was looking for something to play on my roommate's PS3 before I move out at the end of the week, decided to give Flower a try. It's interesting for sure. Not sure what I think about it just yet.

I'll be interested in hearing what you think. I couldn't stand Flower. It made me nauseous. I got it for free and I still felt ripped off. >.<

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3266 on: July 26, 2017, 09:27:14 am »
I game Mighty No. 9 a shot last night.  It was part of the ole Humble Bundle. 

So far, it's a fine game.  I've only made it through the first level, but it was fun.  I can see myself playing through it.  The cut-scenes look like trash, but that doesn't make or break a game.  The controls are a little slippery feeling, but I can get used to that. 

As of right now, I don't understand all the hate that it got.

soera

« Reply #3267 on: July 26, 2017, 09:40:50 am »

So far, it's a fine game.  I've only made it through the first level, but it was fun.  I can see myself playing through it.  The cut-scenes look like trash, but that doesn't make or break a game.  The controls are a little slippery feeling, but I can get used to that. 

I found it more entertaining than most of the MM games out there. I think all the hate spewed from the kickstarter.

« Reply #3268 on: July 26, 2017, 10:07:45 am »
Currently playing Fallout 4, Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4, Injustice 2 and Dragon Age Inquisition

desocietas

« Reply #3269 on: July 26, 2017, 12:34:38 pm »

I found it more entertaining than most of the MM games out there. I think all the hate spewed from the kickstarter.

Did you see the latest outrage of the KS collector's box being shipped out in a flat mailer and the non-full color (despite what was promised) instruction booklet not fitting? I could understand if the backer chose the Japanese style box and the Western-style manual not fitting, but the Japanese manual didn't fit in the Japanese-style box. I was pretty upset by the physical rewards of NightCry. This one seemed up there.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas