Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515129 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3270 on: July 26, 2017, 01:25:02 pm »
I game Mighty No. 9 a shot last night.  It was part of the ole Humble Bundle. 

So far, it's a fine game.  I've only made it through the first level, but it was fun.  I can see myself playing through it.  The cut-scenes look like trash, but that doesn't make or break a game.  The controls are a little slippery feeling, but I can get used to that. 

As of right now, I don't understand all the hate that it got.

I found it more entertaining than most of the MM games out there. I think all the hate spewed from the kickstarter.

Did you see the latest outrage of the KS collector's box being shipped out in a flat mailer and the non-full color (despite what was promised) instruction booklet not fitting? I could understand if the backer chose the Japanese style box and the Western-style manual not fitting, but the Japanese manual didn't fit in the Japanese-style box. I was pretty upset by the physical rewards of NightCry. This one seemed up there.
I still haven't received any of this yet.

« Reply #3271 on: July 26, 2017, 09:18:46 pm »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:44:58 pm by jce3000gt »

kevininja

« Reply #3272 on: July 27, 2017, 05:21:12 pm »
All these games I can play, and I'm playing Skyrim again. SE this time though  :P

pizzasafari

« Reply #3273 on: July 28, 2017, 07:12:41 pm »
I'm trying to give my Switch as much love as possible right now. I'm mostly binging Splatoon 2 at the moment and occasionally dicking around with mods in Skyrim SE since I recently platinumed it. The mod selection on PS4 is pretty awful though.

« Reply #3274 on: July 31, 2017, 11:29:05 am »
Started Call of Cthulhu (Xbox) and Dragon Quest IV (NDS).

telly

« Reply #3275 on: July 31, 2017, 11:37:22 am »
It's gonna be Wii U games for a while for me! Started up Captain Toad first  :)
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

« Reply #3276 on: July 31, 2017, 12:38:06 pm »

This is on my list! I hope you like it.

I just started up Yonder: A Cloud Catcher Chronicles yesterday, and it's really cute!
I've seen some people reference No Man's Sky and Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing... I can sell elements of all of those in it. Also with the look of Oceanhorn (or like every other Unity game according to a friend of mine ;) ). Great game if you feel like just exploring and such. Only issue I've had so far is the camera.

If anyone is interested, the physical edition of the game is exclusive to GameStop, so get it when you get the chance.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

azure

« Reply #3277 on: July 31, 2017, 12:45:43 pm »
Arguably my favorite DQ.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3278 on: July 31, 2017, 03:22:02 pm »

Fun little game. I had a blast with it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3279 on: July 31, 2017, 03:22:27 pm »
Arguably my favorite DQ.

It is pretty awesome.

« Reply #3280 on: July 31, 2017, 03:54:48 pm »
Well it is my first experience with a DQ game... I'm hoping I'll like it.

soera

« Reply #3281 on: August 01, 2017, 03:33:39 am »

I just started up Yonder: A Cloud Catcher Chronicles yesterday, and it's really cute!
I've seen some people reference No Man's Sky and Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing... I can sell elements of all of those in it. Also with the look of Oceanhorn (or like every other Unity game according to a friend of mine ;) ). Great game if you feel like just exploring and such. Only issue I've had so far is the camera.

If anyone is interested, the physical edition of the game is exclusive to GameStop, so get it when you get the chance.

I bought Yonder but I decided to also start up a relatively new game first :

Its kind of got a Golvellius feel to it. Pretty neat little title. If I finish it before 9/12, Ill toss Yonder in.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 03:35:14 am by soera »

kashell

« Reply #3282 on: August 01, 2017, 08:17:00 am »
For my 52nd game this year, I wanted it to be something special. So, I fired up (bad pun, I know) Burning Rangers. The creativity behind this game is fantastic. I finished the first stage and I can't decide if I want to try the next one or if I want to replay it to get a better score.

desocietas

« Reply #3283 on: August 01, 2017, 11:05:01 am »

I bought Yonder but I decided to also start up a relatively new game first :

Its kind of got a Golvellius feel to it. Pretty neat little title. If I finish it before 9/12, Ill toss Yonder in.

Hadn't heard of Aerea but the trailer looked good! Let me know what you think of it :) co-op games are always nice options
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

azure

« Reply #3284 on: August 01, 2017, 12:12:03 pm »
Dragon Quest Builders (PS4): On the final chapter, really enjoyed this game so far.

Splatoon 2 (SWITCH): Be playing this for a while. I jump around between multiplayer, Salmon Run (When it's available of course), and the campaign. I'll check it off as finished once I complete the campaign.

Evergrace (PS2): This games makes me feel so nostalgic, I love everything about it. I'll say it definitely is quite dated and clunky though. It was a PS2 launch title that shifted from PS1 from what I read. I remember seeing it on shelves all those years ago when PS2 was the current gen system.