Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514808 times)

kashell

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3285 on: August 01, 2017, 12:42:03 pm »
Evergrace is such an underrated game. I mean, yeah, it's clearly a launch title for the PS2 but it does some unique things that make it worth a play.

desocietas

« Reply #3286 on: August 01, 2017, 01:22:42 pm »
Evergrace (PS2): This games makes me feel so nostalgic, I love everything about it. I'll say it definitely is quite dated and clunky though. It was a PS2 launch title that shifted from PS1 from what I read. I remember seeing it on shelves all those years ago when PS2 was the current gen system.

I always saw this cover but never picked it up nor heard any one talk about it. I'll have to try it some time.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #3287 on: August 01, 2017, 01:29:43 pm »
Evergrace (PS2): This games makes me feel so nostalgic, I love everything about it. I'll say it definitely is quite dated and clunky though. It was a PS2 launch title that shifted from PS1 from what I read. I remember seeing it on shelves all those years ago when PS2 was the current gen system.

I always saw this cover but never picked it up nor heard any one talk about it. I'll have to try it some time.
I picked it up years ago when I saw it on a shelf somewhere cheap with the FromSoftware logo on the back... Still haven't played it, but I'll buy just about anything made by FromSoftware.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3288 on: August 01, 2017, 02:56:33 pm »

I picked it up years ago when I saw it on a shelf somewhere cheap with the FromSoftware logo on the back... Still haven't played it, but I'll buy just about anything made by FromSoftware.

That's why I got it, too. I adore the King's Field games, so I got this guy, too. I too have yet to sit down and give it a fair shake, though.

azure

« Reply #3289 on: August 01, 2017, 03:00:44 pm »
Glad to see so many other users interested in Evergrace. Look past its shortcomings, there is a great game within it.

doafan

« Reply #3290 on: August 04, 2017, 12:46:06 pm »
Days ago I downloaded LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean for the 360, honestly had the idea that it was to be another of those free titles that I only download to get the license and after a couple of days it will be deleted, well for some unknown reason decided to give it a try and after a couple of minutes of gameplay one of my daughters came into the room, saw the game and asked if she could play a little too, she spend at least four hours playing and asking for my help in some areas, since we didn't eat that day my wife came into the room to see what we were doing, don't have to say that she stayed too not only to see but to play when my daughter went to bed so we are currently playing this title these past days  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #3291 on: August 04, 2017, 03:16:34 pm »
Call of Cthulhu is a lot like everything else Bethesda does... buggy as all hell.  Game freezes up very frequently to the point that I've pretty much abandoned the game for now.

Dragon Quest IV on the other hand is wildly lovely, sometimes the battle system is frustrating and the enemies appear to level very rapidly moving from one area to the next, but there isn't necessarily anything wrong with that.  I just started Chapter 3.

shepard11

« Reply #3292 on: August 04, 2017, 03:20:33 pm »
Downloaded Slime Rancher last night I'm hooked and I don't know. Can't stop playing that damn game.

desocietas

« Reply #3293 on: August 04, 2017, 07:11:55 pm »
Downloaded Slime Rancher last night I'm hooked and I don't know. Can't stop playing that damn game.

I have and want to play that game but am pretty sure I'll get motion sick playing it. Wish there were some sort of third-person view or something less bouncy.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3294 on: August 05, 2017, 12:37:24 pm »

Playing through this one again. One of my favorite JRPGs. Been a while. On the 3rd character of the intro parts (Princess Alena),

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3295 on: August 05, 2017, 02:50:03 pm »
Just completed Mighty Gunvolt Burst on the Switch.

It's a Megaman-esque rougelike and it's pretty good. The menu and customization system is a little wonky and non-intuitive, but the gameplay is solid.

It feels to me like what we had all hoped Mighty No. 9 would have been.

Beck is in the game as is Gunvolt. And they keep releasing new playable characters as DLC (free the first week they come out).

It's worth $9.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #3296 on: August 06, 2017, 10:52:12 am »
Going for an S Rank run of Furi right now. I (barely) beat it on PC back when it first came out, but the physical PS4 rerelease inspired me to come back to it and do better. It was honestly one of my top games of last year, even if The Burst kept kicking my teeth in. That final phase is brutal. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like on Furier difficulty.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

telly

« Reply #3297 on: August 06, 2017, 10:32:21 pm »
I've been playing Plague of Shadows. I gotta say, I like it even more than the original Shovel Knight. I'm about halfway through the game allready
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3298 on: August 07, 2017, 10:27:03 pm »
I don't get what all the hate was about. Mighty No. 9 is a fun game so far. I'm 3 bosses in and I'm still having fun.
It's pretty tough in some spots, but this is my kind of game.

kashell

« Reply #3299 on: August 08, 2017, 08:03:30 am »
For my portable fix, I've been playing Lufia: The Legend Returns for the Game Boy Color. It's damn good. I'm about 20 hours in and I'm hooked. For a console that's starved of RPGs, it's sure lucky to have this one.