Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515415 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3315 on: August 12, 2017, 07:39:33 pm »
As expected... I'm getting burnt out with Dragon Quest IV.  I'm at the final fight.

I got to the final fight at about level 29-32 with 24 hours of gameplay in.  I'm now at level 38-40 with 30 hours of gameplay in and I still get whipped by the boss.  I'm close to being done, I know it, but I shouldn't have to grind for what amounts to 1/4 of what I've put in right at the end to finish it.  That's called useless filler.

I've amassed enough money to buy 3 sets of Liquid Slime Armor.  Might be close to 4 at this point.

edit: Apparently I forgot about farming Metal King Slimes... so now I'm getting 30-90k xp every few minutes.

edit 2: After another 10 hours of gameplay (about 40 hours total) I've 100% completed the game.  Collected all weapons, all mini-medals, beat all bosses, and got all of my party to level 50+.

On to Dragon Quest V.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 05:55:33 pm by ignition365 »

telly

« Reply #3316 on: August 14, 2017, 12:25:11 pm »
I'm at the final boss for Mighty No. 9. The game is actually pretty fun to play. It's just the presentation that suffers IMO
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #3317 on: August 14, 2017, 08:00:28 pm »
My second first place in the game and my most kills so far in PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds.  This one was actually abit of a messy game, especially towards the end.  Kinda stumbling through some kills and got real lucky.  The last kill was just by someone taking too long at the very end and getting chunked to death by the zone.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #3318 on: August 16, 2017, 09:07:22 am »
Thought I'd try Oceanhorn for the PS4, and I gotta say I found it pretty underwhelming. I admittedly wasn't expecting much since it was sold to me as dimestore Wind Waker, and though it definitely has the looks and basic mechanics down, I don't think it has any of the charm. I know this started as a mobile game and was obviously going to have more limitations than a big-budget console title, but the generic story and bland characters really put a damper on my experience. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to dump half the plot on the player after one of the most anticlimactic final boss battles I've ever seen, but they should probably go sit in the corner and think about what they've done. Level design also felt very lazy to me. I really, really hated the stamina system. The music was at least nice. Easy platinum. Would have gotten it much earlier if the leveling system hadn't decided to glitch out and rob me of 1000 experience points just before the final battle. I didn't hate the game, but I doubt I'd play it again.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 09:10:27 am by doctorlaudanum »
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

telly

« Reply #3319 on: August 16, 2017, 10:25:08 am »
I started Pikmin 3 last night. Definitely liking it so far; it’s my first Pikmin game ever!
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #3320 on: August 16, 2017, 10:58:54 am »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:36:49 pm by jce3000gt »

« Reply #3321 on: August 17, 2017, 01:09:59 pm »
Believe it or not, Eat Lead: The return of Matt Hazard. Bad game, but it has it's char,, kinda like Duke Nukem Forever.

Pretty easy to platinum

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #3322 on: August 18, 2017, 04:21:10 pm »
Played and beat Oceanhorn for the XBOX One a few months ago and I loved everything about it ... except the damn fishing.

I can definitely agree with the last part. I managed to get the trophy for it, but it was not fun. Finally catching that botfish only to get headbutted to death by the enemy spawning directly behind the fishing spot is not my definition of a good time. Having the fish regain strength so quickly also felt very cheap. Honestly, even if I didn't really enjoy Oceanhorn otherwise, I kind of liked the Island of Whispers. I think it had much stronger atmosphere and level design than the rest of the game, and that song that plays when you find a skull is probably my favorite on an already strong soundtrack. I don't regret playing it and will check out the sequel if it looks promising, but I think I'll stick to actual Zelda for now.

Just cracked open Shadow of Mordor for the first time. Plot hasn't done much to catch my interest so far and the hero seems kind of dull, but I'm having so much fun with the nemesis mechanic. It honestly carries the game for me. Jumping off a cliff to surprise stab Uruks also never gets old. It took me a while to get used to the controls, though. My right hand starts to hurt if I play too long because I constantly have to clutch some kind of button.

« Reply #3323 on: August 18, 2017, 06:08:59 pm »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:36:11 pm by jce3000gt »

spac316

« Reply #3324 on: August 21, 2017, 12:00:06 am »
I'm getting into Geist for Gamecube.

kashell

« Reply #3325 on: August 22, 2017, 08:02:24 am »
Oliva Newton John has yet to show up, but I've been playing Tokyo Xanadu. I'm in Chapter 2. I'm considering it the appetizer before the main course, which is Ys VIII.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #3326 on: August 23, 2017, 07:43:08 pm »
I've fought and killed the same Uruk at least three times, and he now has a bag over his head to cover up the scars. This game is amazing.

@spac316 Is Geist any good? I thought it looked interesting but I get a lot of conflicting information.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3327 on: August 23, 2017, 10:05:36 pm »
As expected... I'm getting burnt out with Dragon Quest IV.  I'm at the final fight.

I got to the final fight at about level 29-32 with 24 hours of gameplay in.  I'm now at level 38-40 with 30 hours of gameplay in and I still get whipped by the boss.  I'm close to being done, I know it, but I shouldn't have to grind for what amounts to 1/4 of what I've put in right at the end to finish it.  That's called useless filler.

I've amassed enough money to buy 3 sets of Liquid Slime Armor.  Might be close to 4 at this point.

edit: Apparently I forgot about farming Metal King Slimes... so now I'm getting 30-90k xp every few minutes.

edit 2: After another 10 hours of gameplay (about 40 hours total) I've 100% completed the game.  Collected all weapons, all mini-medals, beat all bosses, and got all of my party to level 50+.

On to Dragon Quest V.

Same shit is happening to me. I have every single character that can wear the Liquid Metal Armor, wearing it, except for the "hero" because I got impatient with farming gold and tried to go at Psaro. So I guess I have to go back to gold farming for the last set...

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3328 on: August 23, 2017, 10:51:53 pm »
Starting in on Valkyria Revolution tonight for PS4. Not expecting much so I think I will end up liking it.

Also continuing on with Sonic Mania. Need to finish getting Chaos Emeralds. Have about half of them. Found an exploit to help get to the bonus level quicker.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

« Reply #3329 on: August 24, 2017, 08:29:42 am »

On to Dragon Quest V.

Same shit is happening to me. I have every single character that can wear the Liquid Metal Armor, wearing it, except for the "hero" because I got impatient with farming gold and tried to go at Psaro. So I guess I have to go back to gold farming for the last set...
There are 2 fairly good places to farm XP from Metal Slime Kings.  I did that for a couple of hours and went and destroyed Psaro with my team about level 50.  I thought the Zenithian Armor is better than the Liquid Metal Armor