Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514981 times)

kashell

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3330 on: August 24, 2017, 08:51:49 am »
I started Arc Rise Fantasia. I'm very pleased with it so far. Tokyo Xanadu was a disappointment; ARF is turning out to be much better.

I also started Hyperdimension Neptunia Action Unleashed. I feel like this is what TX should have been.

Starting in on Valkyria Revolution tonight for PS4. Not expecting much so I think I will end up liking it.

I liked it more than I thought I was going to. I'll be interested in hearing what you think.

azure

« Reply #3331 on: August 25, 2017, 05:13:13 pm »
Started Forever Kingdom, aka Evergrace 2. Liking Evergrace as much as I did I was really looking forward to checking Forever Kingdom out. It is a prequel, which is exactly what I would have wanted because I was interested in the lore of the past that Evergrace sets up and references so much. Not too far in, but so far I like it a lot. The game is a lot more cinematic with almost everything being voiced, and the world in general feeling a lot less desolate compared to Evergrace. So gone is the isolated unease of Evergrace, that I really liked. That being said the shift in tone isn't a bad thing, and I'm enjoying the shift. Don't want to go too much into my thoughts, as I'll try to post that once I have finished the game.

« Reply #3332 on: August 25, 2017, 08:42:28 pm »
Keep trying to get into Mega Man 9 and I just don't really like it lol I've currently played 1 through 8 and I personally think the series got better with the charge attack and dash and while the games maybe weren't as iconic as MM2 was, they were so much more fun to play.  I know it was specifically designed to be like "What if we just did Mega Man 2 again?!", but to me that would be like Nintendo doing a retro throwback to Mario and doing Super Mario Bros instead of Super Mario Bros 3.  SMB is iconic, but SMB3 is just the better game to me lol
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 08:44:12 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #3333 on: August 25, 2017, 09:04:13 pm »
Started Forever Kingdom, aka Evergrace 2. Liking Evergrace as much as I did I was really looking forward to checking Forever Kingdom out. It is a prequel, which is exactly what I would have wanted because I was interested in the lore of the past that Evergrace sets up and references so much. Not too far in, but so far I like it a lot. The game is a lot more cinematic with almost everything being voiced, and the world in general feeling a lot less desolate compared to Evergrace. So gone is the isolated unease of Evergrace, that I really liked. That being said the shift in tone isn't a bad thing, and I'm enjoying the shift. Don't want to go too much into my thoughts, as I'll try to post that once I have finished the game.
Didn't know it was a prequel to evergrace... glad I already own it.  :)

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3334 on: August 25, 2017, 09:37:46 pm »
I started playing again with Grand Theft Auto : Vice City on PS2 and it's been a week already since I haven't touched a different game. The nostalgia is just that good!
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!

« Reply #3335 on: August 27, 2017, 08:20:17 pm »
I'm probably halfway through the game right now, but why did Evil Within seem to get so much shit? I heard people say the game was awful and while it's not amazing, it's been pretty reasonable so far as a survival horror game.  My only annoyances are with the games love of enemies grabbing for major damage and bosses who basically one hit kill.  Also Sebastian sucks as a lead.  He barely says anything most of the time and even when with others, it just seems like no one wanted to spend any time writing him any good dialogue.  Don't need him in constant narration, but I want him to react or actually say something when a monster that's made of hands practically shows up.  It's just like he's along for the ride and whatever happens, will just happen.

« Reply #3336 on: August 27, 2017, 09:22:46 pm »
Just started playing Persona 5 yesterday. I'm instantly hooked. I had people telling me it was really good but god I honestly can't even put it down.

And it makes me interested in the previous entries as well.
Currently Playing
Final Fantasy XIV, Overwatch, Persona 3/4/5

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3337 on: August 27, 2017, 11:44:26 pm »
Just started playing Persona 5 yesterday. I'm instantly hooked. I had people telling me it was really good but god I honestly can't even put it down.

I played this for about 10 hours and then took a break and now I'm having a hard time getting back on to it. Not sure what happed to me. I love turn based combat normally so I'm not sure why i can't get engaged again.

Loving Valkyria Revolution so far. The story is good and the combat is fun. I feel somewhat overwhelmed with the ragnite system, but I'm only two battles in so I hope I learn more as I go.

I will probably start Xenoblade Chronicles X tonight. I've heard the game is not good teaching combat techniques so I'm a little worried I might not like it since I don't have time to devote to it with family, work, life.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

« Reply #3338 on: August 27, 2017, 11:49:56 pm »

I played this for about 10 hours and then took a break and now I'm having a hard time getting back on to it. Not sure what happed to me. I love turn based combat normally so I'm not sure why i can't get engaged again.

Loving Valkyria Revolution so far. The story is good and the combat is fun. I feel somewhat overwhelmed with the ragnite system, but I'm only two battles in so I hope I learn more as I go.

I will probably start Xenoblade Chronicles X tonight. I've heard the game is not good teaching combat techniques so I'm a little worried I might not like it since I don't have time to devote to it with family, work, life.

I've put about 20 hours into it since I bought it yesterday, so I can say I'm pretty into it. I'm loving the characters, the soundtrack and the environments. I really love the battle theme. It's so catchy.
Currently Playing
Final Fantasy XIV, Overwatch, Persona 3/4/5

kashell

« Reply #3339 on: August 28, 2017, 08:01:58 am »

Basically, the Ragnite Spells you get from war serve two purposes. One is to be equipped so that your characters can use the spells. The other is to upgrade each character's weapon. This will increase their attack power, the magic ability, their elemental ability, etc.

I got the platinum not too long ago. Feel free to ask any questions.

kashell

« Reply #3340 on: August 29, 2017, 08:17:07 am »
I'm wondering why Mega Man 8 gets so much flack. I'm having more fun with it than I did back when I first played it. I finished Grenade Man's stage last night and it was great. I loved hearing him go, "THAT FELT GOOD!" when I finished him.

azure

« Reply #3341 on: August 29, 2017, 11:24:18 am »
I'm wondering why Mega Man 8 gets so much flack. I'm having more fun with it than I did back when I first played it. I finished Grenade Man's stage last night and it was great. I loved hearing him go, "THAT FELT GOOD!" when I finished him.

Indeed the sprite work on MM8 is still top notch, and the voice acting just adds to its charm for me.

telly

« Reply #3342 on: August 29, 2017, 12:08:24 pm »
I know Mega Man 7 gets a lot of hate, but I've never really heard anything about 8 one way or another
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #3343 on: August 29, 2017, 12:49:22 pm »
The voice acting in Mega Man 8 received the most criticism. I actually enjoyed it. As Azure said, it adds to the charm.

Everything else about it was pretty solid.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3344 on: August 29, 2017, 02:00:07 pm »
As expected... I'm getting burnt out with Dragon Quest IV.  I'm at the final fight.

I got to the final fight at about level 29-32 with 24 hours of gameplay in.  I'm now at level 38-40 with 30 hours of gameplay in and I still get whipped by the boss.  I'm close to being done, I know it, but I shouldn't have to grind for what amounts to 1/4 of what I've put in right at the end to finish it.  That's called useless filler.

I've amassed enough money to buy 3 sets of Liquid Slime Armor.  Might be close to 4 at this point.

edit: Apparently I forgot about farming Metal King Slimes... so now I'm getting 30-90k xp every few minutes.

edit 2: After another 10 hours of gameplay (about 40 hours total) I've 100% completed the game.  Collected all weapons, all mini-medals, beat all bosses, and got all of my party to level 50+.

On to Dragon Quest V.

So, did you fire up your save file after the ending? There's a Chapter 6 on the DS version.