Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514152 times)

telly

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3540 on: November 16, 2017, 04:07:03 pm »
Decided to start playing Undertale.  The game starts pretty slow, but as soon as you leave Astiel's house and meet Sans, the game gets FUNNY.

I stayed up an hour later than I usually do because I just didn't want to stop playing.  I can't wait to get home from work to continue playing it.

I really want to play it too. Once I get a PS4 that is  :'(
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

« Reply #3541 on: November 16, 2017, 07:38:14 pm »
The bf and I started playing Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition the other day, and we're enjoying it a lot! It's the first time for the both of us, and he's never played tabletop D&D, so it's new in a lot of ways for both of us. I can see it being a little slow for folks, but from the D&D campaigns I've participated in, it's a pretty good representation. You spend a lot of time talking to people, figuring out where to go, and deciding whether or not to actually do it.

We've already made a few "mistakes" but, even though my gut reaction is to have us re-load a save, he's good about saying "let's see what happens now." Makes me already look forward to trying to play through it a second time while making different choices :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

telly

« Reply #3542 on: November 17, 2017, 07:23:27 am »
Started playing Arkham Origins. It's pretty fun! More of the same, it feels almost exactly like Arkham City. One thing that's tough is I played the first two games on PS3 so I keep pressing the wrong buttons on accident since it's all unfamilliar.
Currently Playing:

kashell

« Reply #3543 on: November 17, 2017, 10:10:06 am »
I'm still on my PlayStation kick, so I started a new game: Azure Dreams.

It's different and charming. Despite some technical issues, I think I'm going to enjoy this game.

shepard11

« Reply #3544 on: November 17, 2017, 05:49:37 pm »
As soon as I'm off the clock I'm playing Pokemon Ultra Sun.

« Reply #3545 on: November 21, 2017, 09:34:14 am »
Not playing anything.  Don't know if I will in the next few days anyway.  Gonna be busy with Thanksgiving.

Might go work on something abandoned.

I started playing RiME over the weekend, I'm about 25% done with the game, but I'm just not feeling it.  I'd try to finish it, but my wife has been hogging the PS4 playing Yonder.

« Reply #3546 on: November 23, 2017, 07:43:29 am »
I'm already tired of playing such games. recently a friend advised me online poker. I've searched the internet for games many times. I like to play online not only on the computer, but on the phone. Recently I started to play poker online. I really like that there are good card games and good bonuses
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 03:37:59 am by margejohn »

telly

« Reply #3547 on: November 23, 2017, 08:37:27 am »
I've been playing a ton of Time Crisis 3 lately. It's really fun, I've finished the story and an working though beating the whole rescue mission.
Currently Playing:

« Reply #3548 on: November 25, 2017, 09:25:51 pm »
Been playing a few hours of Sniper Elite 4 and it's alright.  Honestly a tad underwhelmed by it.  I played abit of SE2 awhile back and it was alright and the change now seems to be more about larger maps with the freedom to tackle objectives more how you want.  The sniper focus is there, but it also allows you to be abit more actiony or stealthy.  Kinda feels like MGSV in that way, but neither the action or stealth is particularly great.  It all feels really basic.  Of course the sniping is good, but it's been good since SE2.  The killcam deaths are as visceral and unsettling as usual too.

Doesn't really help that the story and characters are nothing.  The basic plot is stopping or finding some way to deal with radio controlled missiles, while working with a resistance group in Italy, but there's nothing really to the plot and the lead guy is just nothing.  Like if BJ Blazkowicz had absolutely no character to him other than his deep voice.  I'm like 4 or 5 missions in and the only other character, I think, is this resistance fighter woman who you see for 10 seconds, and that's it.  Think I saw a picture that showed you maybe get to play as her at some point, but eh...

Overall it's a reasonable game, but as I'm going through popping guys in heads or organs, it feels like there is something missing.  I'm just feeling more like I want to go and pop in Metal Gear Solid V instead.

« Reply #3549 on: November 25, 2017, 09:40:21 pm »
Had a power outage the other day and took the chance to hotspot on my phone and download Stardew Valley on the Switch. I played the hell out of the game on PC and so far am having just as much fun on the Switch. The controls took a little bit of getting used to and its not quite as easy to do precision things targeting is sort of odd but its serviceable. Still a great game.

« Reply #3550 on: November 27, 2017, 02:48:45 pm »
Planning to finish up Bourne Conspiracy today since I'm halfway through the final level.

Might jump into Nier afterward.  I've been wanting to jump into Nier Automata, but I wanted to go through the first game first even though it sounds like it doesn't directly affect your ability to follow the story.  Could be wrong.  Didn't want to read spoilers either way.

I also have an itch to play Yakuza 0.  A buddy posted a picture online of himself from about 5 years ago, and I swear, if he just threw on an eye patch, it would've made for a spot on Goro Majima cosplay.

« Reply #3551 on: November 27, 2017, 03:28:45 pm »
about 2 hours into Axiom Verge (Switch), good progress in I Am Setsuna (Switch) ,
and playing a bunch of ESO: Morrowind lately as well
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 03:30:42 pm by wvdoom »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3552 on: November 27, 2017, 07:08:49 pm »
Axion Verge (XBox One):

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (Wii U):

azure

« Reply #3553 on: November 28, 2017, 02:49:35 pm »
Been playing through Revelations Persona once again. Still love it, and it's butchered localization. Playing Pokemon Ultra Moon on the side as well. Trying to finish both up before Xenoblade Chronicles 2 releases.

« Reply #3554 on: November 28, 2017, 09:10:14 pm »
Every day I play in the Path of Exile, but now I'm taking a break, because in just a few days a new league starts in PoE. For a few days I play with a friend in the Players Unkown Battleground (PUBG) and I find this game very good, I like it even more than the Path of Exile