Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514813 times)

shepard11

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3555 on: November 29, 2017, 03:27:17 pm »
My playing habits been weird since black friday been playing Injustice 2 and Pokemon Ultra Sun but when I want to really make me question my life decisions I've been playing Sonic 06. I got this lovely glitch where Sonic gets into the hit/dying animation and I can't beat the first level.

« Reply #3556 on: November 29, 2017, 09:21:09 pm »
Picked up Hitman GOTY edition and Rainbow Six Siege been playing those, only have played the first tutorial missions of Hitman but love it so far, such a goofy game, R6 has been a blast. I've played a lot of Call of Duty and more recently Counter Strike and R6 feels like a great combination of those good aspects of gameplay plus its own unique spin with the environmental destruction.

« Reply #3557 on: December 01, 2017, 05:51:03 am »
I prefer to play games that bring me additional money. Thatt's why poker is one of my favorite. Sometimes the game may be a huge risk and it's so involving. Now I frequently hang out on 888 poker room 'cause after the registration I got $88. It was a luck (joke), found a detailed guide. I know that many ppl even make for living through poker. Hope I quite my job one day and will never work again, only play.

« Reply #3558 on: December 03, 2017, 05:27:42 am »
Strong start for Xenoblade Chronicles 2.  That first chapter being setup for everything really drew me into the game, so I'm hoping to stick to it as the other JRPG's I played this year (Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Persona 5) didn't hook me in.  Incredible music too.  I had heard it was good, but I thought it'd be more in the way of like just good orchestrated stuff, which is fine, but that music doesn't excite me and get me listening to it afterwards.  It's actually got some pretty rocking tunes, like the battle theme and one that showed up in the latter half of the first chapter.

It'll be interesting to see how this goes as I thought the first Chronicles was abit "Meh", I didn't play it for than a few hours, and while I played over 30 in Chronicles X, I really had a lot of issues with the game, but this feels more scaled back than what I remember of either one, which is great.  Too big and grindy and it just feels like a half-assed MMO.  Not sure I love the combat, the auto-style is kind of unexciting, but it feels like it actually puts you into it more this time compared to Chronicles X.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3559 on: December 03, 2017, 10:17:39 am »
I prefer to play games that bring me additional money. Thatt's why poker is one of my favorite. Sometimes the game may be a huge risk and it's so involving. Now I frequently hang out on 888 poker room 'cause after the registration I got $88. It was a luck (joke), found a detailed guide. I know that many ppl even make for living through poker. Hope I quite my job one day and will never work again, only play.

Spam bot

kashell

« Reply #3560 on: December 04, 2017, 12:51:40 pm »
Years and years later, I finally started Secret of Evermore. I'm doing my best to not compare it Secret of Mana, but it's hard not to.

« Reply #3561 on: December 05, 2017, 01:03:00 pm »
Will likely finish Homefront today and my wife wants me to play Among the Sleep, so that's probably next.  Following that, I'm not sure, maybe Yakuza 0 or Nier Automata.

Say I wanted to play a Tales of game, what would be a good one to start with?  I've seen my wife play Graces F and my brother play Vesperia, and I own most of the Tales of games.  I think I'd like to give the franchise a try sometime soon.

kashell

« Reply #3562 on: December 05, 2017, 01:25:33 pm »
Will likely finish Homefront today and my wife wants me to play Among the Sleep, so that's probably next.  Following that, I'm not sure, maybe Yakuza 0 or Nier Automata.

Say I wanted to play a Tales of game, what would be a good one to start with?  I've seen my wife play Graces F and my brother play Vesperia, and I own most of the Tales of games.  I think I'd like to give the franchise a try sometime soon.

I always recommend starting with either Tales of Symphonia or Tales of the Abyss. Tales of Symphonia is a classic and has aged very well. It's not fully 3D, but it can give you a good taste of what's to come in future titles. Tales of the Abyss is the first one to allow full 3D movement in combat. The problem with it is that both versions are a bit glitchy. There's nothing game breaking; just slightly irritating.

If neither of those are hooking you, the more modern titles might be better. Vesperia or Hearts R are great pics. Berseria is fantastic, but it throws a lot at you which might take a while to fully grasp.

I'd avoid Legendia and Zestiria.

If you enjoy 2D, side-scrolling, I would recommend trying to find a copy of Tales of Eternia. It's third game in the series, but it's another one that has stood the test of time.

telly

« Reply #3563 on: December 05, 2017, 01:32:42 pm »
What about Graces f or Xillia?

I've only played Symphonia and Abyss. I liked the gameplay of Abyss but the story of Symphonia a lot more. You really couldn't go wrong with either.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #3564 on: December 05, 2017, 01:46:33 pm »
Xillia and Xillia 2 are solid titles. My fear with starting with them is that someone won't be able to go back to the ones that came before it. On the other hand, they're very fun. Just play Xillia before Xillia 2 due to the story.

Graces f is a blast. But, it's not new-user friendly. There's a lot going on in it; similar to Berseria. If you enjoy the series and have some experience with it, then I highly recommend playing Graces f.

« Reply #3565 on: December 05, 2017, 01:57:44 pm »
Xillia and Xillia 2 are solid titles. My fear with starting with them is that someone won't be able to go back to the ones that came before it. On the other hand, they're very fun. Just play Xillia before Xillia 2 due to the story.

Graces f is a blast. But, it's not new-user friendly. There's a lot going on in it; similar to Berseria. If you enjoy the series and have some experience with it, then I highly recommend playing Graces f.
My wife started with Graces f.  *shrug*  I don't think she ever beat it because my PS3 does this weird thing where the screen is snowy when Graces f is launched.  It's weird as fuck.

With Berseria going down to $16, I was considering buying it, but I don't know if I'd start with that game.

azure

« Reply #3566 on: December 05, 2017, 01:59:20 pm »
I started off with Tales of Phantasia on the GBA, since then I've seen a lot of hate for that port of the game. Afterwards I went onto Symphonia and the rest is history. Recently I've kind of fell off with the series I would say though. Not by lack of interest, but other games taking up my time more.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3567 on: December 05, 2017, 02:04:02 pm »
I beat Shantae: Half-Genie Hero the other day. So I got the $10 DLC, the Risky playthrough.

Unfortunately, it's a very stripped down version of the game. It's missing the gems/money system, which kind of takes away a bit of your wanting to explore. And speaking of exploring, there's not nearly as many hidden/special items to find. And the level layout is EXACTLY the same. I feel a little ripped off.

kashell

« Reply #3568 on: December 05, 2017, 03:26:09 pm »
My wife started with Graces f.  *shrug*  I don't think she ever beat it because my PS3 does this weird thing where the screen is snowy when Graces f is launched.  It's weird as fuck.

With Berseria going down to $16, I was considering buying it, but I don't know if I'd start with that game.

If she enjoyed it, then that's great. The A-Artes and B-Artes system can be tricky to grasp with some of the characters. It's a shame the PS3 acted up so she couldn't finish it.

I started off with Tales of Phantasia on the GBA, since then I've seen a lot of hate for that port of the game. Afterwards I went onto Symphonia and the rest is history. Recently I've kind of fell off with the series I would say though. Not by lack of interest, but other games taking up my time more.

Yeah, I think the GBA port of Phantasia is the weakest one available. I'd rather play the Super Famicom version. For non-localized, I prefer the X version.

« Reply #3569 on: December 08, 2017, 03:30:35 am »
I like games where I can develop my skills. That's why puzzles are my favorite type of games. Especially escape games. Now I live in LA and there are  many awesome escape rooms. My favorite place is The Quest Factory, click for more information. I try at least one per month to visit one escape room. Last week it was the Aztecs room. Impressive decorations and really interesting puzzles.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 07:02:35 am by muntyjack »