Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514951 times)

arkaneer

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3690 on: March 23, 2018, 11:40:54 am »
Now playing Ni No Kuni 2....it's amazing  ;D

« Reply #3691 on: March 26, 2018, 11:55:56 am »
Still playing Yakuza 4, pretty close to being done with Saejima's story, which puts me around halfway through the game... but Far Cry 5 comes out tomorrow, so that'll probably be my stopping point until I'm done with Far Cry 5.

« Reply #3692 on: March 26, 2018, 05:52:39 pm »
Getting a friend into the Yakuza series so we're tag-teaming Yakuza Kiwami. Finished TMNT II (NES) while testing a CRT TV and also played Virtual On 2: Oratorio Tangram for the first time :)

arkaneer

« Reply #3693 on: April 01, 2018, 04:38:54 pm »
I’ve moved on to Far Cry 5... I like where the story is going but it’s very buggy.

roomofdoom

« Reply #3694 on: April 02, 2018, 05:14:50 am »
Wow Pendragon order for the Xbox original really cool did you know you can unlock the original Sega Saturn Panzer Dragon game  youTube will walk you through it

Super looking forward to God of War 4 and I pre-ordered it and Bomberman r for the Xbox One cuz I just love Bomberman and this is the most oh my God so many months I'm going to spend on it state of Decay 2 online for players or three players I can't remember but I'm still jazzed about it and you guys only playing every day and I'm going to hope you guys come in and pop in so my gamertag is frothiestDonald I hope you had my Xbox One

Right now I've been playing a lot of pubg that's player unknown battleground it's weird how everyone calls pubg because Battleground is one word so it should just be Pub can any of you tell me why they call it pubg

« Reply #3695 on: April 02, 2018, 08:30:47 am »
Got an Xbox One X and have been playing Far Cry 5.  Looks good, but the map has some weird refresh issues.

arkaneer

« Reply #3696 on: April 02, 2018, 10:22:30 am »
Got an Xbox One X and have been playing Far Cry 5.  Looks good, but the map has some weird refresh issues.

Do you mean how enemies spawn continually? It's driving me around the bend, I can't get anything done on the map...It's way too chaotic!

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3697 on: April 02, 2018, 02:54:32 pm »
After watching a bunch of videos on Gauntlet Dark Legacy, I went to grab my PS2 copy off the shelf, but found out I apparently didn’t own it. It was like an itch you can’t scratch, I NEEDED to play this game, and I was 100% certain I owned it.

So I checked the local game stores, only to be told they rarely see one. So I ordered one and it came Friday.
Aaaahhhhhh...I finally scratched that itch. Sumner’s voice just gives me this amazing nostalgic feeling. “Congratulations! You now have enough crystals to enter the Forsaken Province!” *goosebumps*

I still have my old save on a memory card (which I think is the reason I thought I owned it, but apparently is from when I rented it instead), but I decided to start a new game from scratch. Couldn’t decide which character to be, so I picked the dwarf. I played through a couple levels, then tried the sorceress. Her animations are hilariously over-the-top sexy, but she was actually kinda boring to use, so I tried the archer last night. Now this is a fun character. I love how fast she can shoot arrows. I’ll just need to raise her defense and strength...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 02:57:19 pm by undertakerprime »

« Reply #3698 on: April 02, 2018, 03:32:52 pm »

Do you mean how enemies spawn continually? It's driving me around the bend, I can't get anything done on the map...It's way too chaotic!
No, there is a bug on the X1X version on the map screen where you can see the screen refreshing.  Like watching a video recording of a CRT tv.

But yes, the enemies spawning continuously is the bane of my existence.  It's like... okay there are 8 destroyed vehicles and tons of dead bodies... please stop spawning enemies, I just want to walk down this hill.

arkaneer

« Reply #3699 on: April 02, 2018, 06:30:41 pm »

No, there is a bug on the X1X version on the map screen where you can see the screen refreshing.  Like watching a video recording of a CRT tv.

But yes, the enemies spawning continuously is the bane of my existence.  It's like... okay there are 8 destroyed vehicles and tons of dead bodies... please stop spawning enemies, I just want to walk down this hill.

Not just me then :)

It’s actually making me think about waiting to see if they patch the enemy spawning.

On a funny note, I spent 10 minutes scoping out an auto garage only to step on a unseen wolverine which scared me shitless, and I set off every alarm in the place.  It was annoying but funny as hell.  ;D

« Reply #3700 on: April 02, 2018, 06:42:32 pm »
On a funny note, I spent 10 minutes scoping out an auto garage only to step on a unseen wolverine which scared me shitless, and I set off every alarm in the place.  It was annoying but funny as hell.  ;D

It won't be the last time.  Wolverines are sneaky little bastards and there's one spot I found where one is basically setup to scare the pants off ya lol

Since I beat the game, I've been dabbling in the map editor.  It's really good, way more detailed than I expected, reminding me of mapping on Steam for Counter-Strike back in the day.  Actually working on something I made for CS that I never really finished by remaking the Waterworld map from Resident Evil 4 Mercenaries in it.  I've worked out the core design of it, just need to fit in all the details and figure out a few issues with how the ladders works in it.

roomofdoom

« Reply #3701 on: April 02, 2018, 09:48:25 pm »
After watching a bunch of videos on Gauntlet Dark Legacy, I went to grab my PS2 copy off the shelf, but found out I apparently didn’t own it. It was like an itch you can’t scratch, I NEEDED to play this game, and I was 100% certain I owned it.

So I checked the local game stores, only to be told they rarely see one. So I ordered one and it came Friday.
Aaaahhhhhh...I finally scratched that itch. Sumner’s voice just gives me this amazing nostalgic feeling. “Congratulations! You now have enough crystals to enter the Forsaken Province!” *goosebumps*

I still have my old save on a memory card (which I think is the reason I thought I owned it, but apparently is from when I rented it instead), but I decided to start a new game from scratch. Couldn’t decide which character to be, so I picked the dwarf. I played through a couple levels, then tried the sorceress. Her animations are hilariously over-the-top sexy, but she was actually kinda boring to use, so I tried the archer last night. Now, this is a fun character. I love how fast she can shoot arrows. I’ll just need to raise her defense and strength...

No, buy the game cube version its the best. it has more weapons and close. I got my copy when I was 17 and held all three versions in my hand and the best was game cube

plus you can play it on the wii

telly

« Reply #3702 on: April 02, 2018, 10:13:43 pm »
Gauntlet Dark Legacy is fantastic. Definitely get some friends to play too. The quotes man... The quotes.

BLUE WIZARD... NEEDS FOOD BADLY
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3703 on: April 03, 2018, 08:40:17 am »

I still have my old save on a memory card (which I think is the reason I thought I owned it, but apparently is from when I rented it instead), but I decided to start a new game from scratch. Couldn’t decide which character to be, so I picked the dwarf. I played through a couple levels, then tried the sorceress. Her animations are hilariously over-the-top sexy, but she was actually kinda boring to use, so I tried the archer last night. Now, this is a fun character. I love how fast she can shoot arrows. I’ll just need to raise her defense and strength...

No, buy the game cube version its the best. it has more weapons and close. I got my copy when I was 17 and held all three versions in my hand and the best was game cube

plus you can play it on the wii

My research was all over the place about which version to get. One place said get the PS2 version because the XBOX and GC versions are ports of the PS2 one and tend to be more buggy. Another place said get the XBOX version. I just went for the PS2 because it’s the one I remember playing and it was the most likely to have the clearest picture with the cables I have.

Gauntlet Dark Legacy is fantastic. Definitely get some friends to play too. The quotes man... The quotes.

BLUE WIZARD... NEEDS FOOD BADLY

From what I’ve read, it’s a love-it-or-hate-it type game. The critics ripped it to shreds, but there’s many people who adore it. Me, I could play it for hours if I had the time. The funny thing is, I’m not really a fan of the franchise; the early arcade games did nothing for me and the NES game was just an exercise in frustration because there’s no point in playing unless you’ve found EVERY frickin’ hidden clue room to get the true end.

« Reply #3704 on: April 03, 2018, 10:17:16 am »
Just about finished with Dragon Quest VI... so now do I jump into Dragon Quest VII because it's next numerically, or do I jump into Dragon Quest IX because it released on NDS before VII released on the 3DS?