Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 513316 times)

kashell

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3795 on: July 24, 2018, 08:29:56 am »
So, alongside Octopath Traveler, I've been playing the very first Phantasy Star courtesy of the Phantasy Star Collection on the Game Boy Advance.

This game is old.

« Reply #3796 on: July 24, 2018, 09:45:05 am »
Continuing my play through of the mainline Mega Man series with #6.  Prior to this run I had only played 1 and 2.  I surprised at the consistent quality as well as the slight changes that come with each game.  I’d put this one closer to the bottom so far, but I am enjoying it still.

Rankings so far:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 09:47:27 am by Cartagia »

shfan

« Reply #3797 on: July 24, 2018, 11:19:13 am »
Decided to pop in Lego The Incredibles, and my word, this is a tiny Lego game in comparison to the rest... ...but I will recommend to anyone else to avoid this title until it reaches budget bin status, as there's just so little content compared to the other games in the series.

Thanks for the heads-up, I was hanging my nose over that one and wondering if I could trade for it, definitely not if there's little to it.

« Reply #3798 on: July 31, 2018, 08:39:51 am »
Jumped into Horizon: Zero Dawn to do the Frozen Wilds DLC.  Took a bit to get back into the controls and the hang of it, but I'm back to really enjoying this game.

« Reply #3799 on: July 31, 2018, 08:52:33 am »
Xbox Games Pass is having a 3 months for $10 deal (I think today may be the last day), so I signed up so I could knock out as many games as I can in that 3 months.

I started Rise of the Tom Raider a couple of days ago.  I'm not super far into it yet, but its already a super gorgeous game.  The controls feel a little slippery, but I haven't gone in and tried adjust anything yet, though.

shfan

« Reply #3800 on: July 31, 2018, 11:41:04 am »
I've just started Raw Danger (Disaster Report 2) for the PS2, it's odd, but I'm liking it. My character just passed out from having worn wet clothes for a couple of minutes, yet is more than capable of hanging off ledges and dragging himself up by his fingertips.

kypherion

« Reply #3801 on: July 31, 2018, 05:45:25 pm »
Replaying Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Yeah I used the luck mode cheat, but I've done it legit before.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3802 on: August 01, 2018, 02:18:04 am »
Almost done with Hollow Knight, want to finish it so I can start Chasm!  Been following this game for years, glad it finally came out!

telly

« Reply #3803 on: August 01, 2018, 04:10:06 pm »
I think I'm going to play Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze on the Wii U next.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

megasilverx1

« Reply #3804 on: August 01, 2018, 10:18:27 pm »
Got a new New Nintendo 2DSXL a week ago since my New 3DSXL was unfortunately having button problems and with that I got back to playing A Link Between Worlds. Enjoying the game so far although I like A Link to the Past more. Other than that, I've been playing the Rockman X Legacy Collections on Switch using a PS2 controller thanks to a PS2 to GCN controller adapter thing I found at a thrift store.

mizzach86

« Reply #3805 on: August 01, 2018, 11:12:59 pm »
Been playing God of War 2018 on the PS4. After that I'm looking at playing through Horizon: Zero Dawn. I'm putting my PS4 Pro to work  :P

I'm also playing the newest Killer Instinct; just got the Definitive Edition.

« Reply #3806 on: August 04, 2018, 04:04:36 am »
Decided I am going to play Resident Evil 6 after my time playing RE1 Remake and RE4.  I've played the game off and on, both on PC and console, though I don't think I beat every campaign, so I'll see how far I can get until I likely lose interest.

I am glad the gun gameplay is better here compared to RE4 and RE5 at least.  It's not perfect, I feel like there's some odd momentum to the movement and the camera still feels too zoomed in.  Combine that with items feeling a little harder to see now, even with a saturation mod I added to cut down on the de-saturated feel it has, it makes searching for items a little awkward.  Still a step up from RE4 though and I like that you can bring back the laser sight targeting.

Was quickly reminded at the start of Leon's campaign of the ridiculous reoccurring gag, that's what it is, where Leon and Helen go through increasingly worse crashes and somehow survive.  A police car they roll, I think coming up is a bus going off a cliff, there's then a commercial airline crash that just happens to crash right where they needed to go, and then a helicopter crash.  It's supposed to be these badass moments, but it's more Michael Bay than anything and is so dumb.  I can set my disbelief aside for zombies and mutant monsters, but that kind of stuff when done wrong gets real stupid, because it's less "Oh, that was super cool!" to becoming "Oh, the game/movie is telling me that is cool, rather than actually being such."

« Reply #3807 on: August 04, 2018, 12:24:52 pm »
While I technically beat it, I've been playing through Goldeneye 007 and unlocking all the cheats on each stage. I've never been able to unlock all the stages and in fact I've never been able to unlock the Egyptian Temple stage either. I had a friend back in the late 90s who was like two cheat unlocks away from 100% the game, but he gave up in frustration after trying for months. The game can get pretty challenging on the higher difficulties and the cheat requirements can be brutal on some stages. Still, I'd like to try.

wolfen

« Reply #3808 on: August 04, 2018, 06:07:02 pm »
I started getting back into Skyrim again the last couple of weeks after not playing for a few months. I always forget how beautiful this game is.

« Reply #3809 on: August 06, 2018, 08:23:46 am »
Started up Mega Man X Legacy Collection.  Already beat Mega Man X and halfway through X2 right now.