Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515384 times)

kashell

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3810 on: August 06, 2018, 08:57:31 am »
With Octopath Traveler finished, I decided to start my replay of Trinity Universe so I can get the missing trophies. So far, so good. I forgot how much stuff there was in this game.

I'm also going through the Mega Man X Legacy Collection. I finished X3 twice because it's my favorite of the three on the SNES. I finished the first one because it's like a Chanel suit: it'll never go out of style. I doubt I'll touch X2 because it's X2. I'm saving X4 (the best/my favorite) for last.

Finally, I'm speed reading through Muv Luv.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 09:26:07 am by kashell »

« Reply #3811 on: August 06, 2018, 11:19:44 am »
With Octopath Traveler finished, I decided to start my replay of Trinity Universe so I can get the missing trophies. So far, so good. I forgot how much stuff there was in this game.

I'm also going through the Mega Man X Legacy Collection. I finished X3 twice because it's my favorite of the three on the SNES. I finished the first one because it's like a Chanel suit: it'll never go out of style. I doubt I'll touch X2 because it's X2. I'm saving X4 (the best/my favorite) for last.

Finally, I'm speed reading through Muv Luv.
How is Muv Luv, I've been thinking about getting it since it's PSTV compatible... I think.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3812 on: August 06, 2018, 11:33:36 am »
Continuing my play through of the mainline Mega Man series with #6.  Prior to this run I had only played 1 and 2.  I surprised at the consistent quality as well as the slight changes that come with each game.  I’d put this one closer to the bottom so far, but I am enjoying it still.

Rankings so far:

My personal rankings are almost the same...

I just really like MM5. Seems to be against general consensus, but I like it better than 4 or 6.

I started getting back into Skyrim again the last couple of weeks after not playing for a few months. I always forget how beautiful this game is.

Welcome to the club. I started my second Skyrim playthrough a few weeks ago, after a few years off. Now my current character is at level 39 and I’ve been playing for about 70 hours. Not even a third of the way through the main quest either, since I’ve been sidetracked by the million other things to do.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3813 on: August 06, 2018, 03:50:15 pm »

Been playing though Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy on Xbox One.

Very fun, so far. But also not much of an upgrade. Obviously the graphics looks better. But I figured with a complete overhaul like this (rather than just a new coat of HD paint) they'd change things up a bit more; like they did with Resident Evil and Metroid when they were remade. That said, it's still a fun game. And challenging as all hell in the later levels.

« Reply #3814 on: August 07, 2018, 12:10:25 am »
Really not liking how Mega Man X2 seems like it revolves so much around Sub Tank spam.  In MMX1, you'd at least get the chest armor and you'd take a lot less damage, but the three big villains you fight do so much damage in all their fights and if you don't have the Tanks to spam your health, it feels like some of the worst fights ever.  Some of the other bosses felt sorta like that too and it's really obnoxious because it feels way less like I'm having a well designed fight and it's instead just guzzling health juice in the hope that that I kill them first, before they kill me and that I'm going to have to go out of my way to get the rest of the tanks and hearts just to beat the game.  The final boss of MMX1 had that same feeling too.

« Reply #3815 on: August 07, 2018, 08:35:32 am »
Really not liking how Mega Man X2 seems like it revolves so much around Sub Tank spam.  In MMX1, you'd at least get the chest armor and you'd take a lot less damage, but the three big villains you fight do so much damage in all their fights and if you don't have the Tanks to spam your health, it feels like some of the worst fights ever.  Some of the other bosses felt sorta like that too and it's really obnoxious because it feels way less like I'm having a well designed fight and it's instead just guzzling health juice in the hope that that I kill them first, before they kill me and that I'm going to have to go out of my way to get the rest of the tanks and hearts just to beat the game.  The final boss of MMX1 had that same feeling too.
Yeah... I'm noticing that as well.  I'm on the 4th stage of the X-hunters base, so I'm getting ready to go through the 8 maverick bosses again.

As for MMX1, The fight with the dog definitely felt like just take damage until you kill it, first stage of Sigma was super easy, and then the second stage of Sigma was just try your best, but those claws are gonna eventually both move towards you and you will take damage.

telly

« Reply #3816 on: August 07, 2018, 11:43:53 am »
I just beat Mega Man X1 recently and I could usually beat the dog and first stage of Sigma with maybe 1 or two hits at best. For the second sigma stage I stayed in the middle so I could react to the flames and electric balls and tried to anticipate  when the claws would come down.

Still think I needed to use at least 2 subtanks for just that part though.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

soera

« Reply #3817 on: August 07, 2018, 04:53:10 pm »
Started Detroit last night. Its an interesting play style (although the touch pad isnt as sensitive as I would have liked). I think I may have ruined one of the character's lives, lol.

« Reply #3818 on: August 08, 2018, 12:02:30 am »
I started Mega Man 7 as part of my Mega-Series playthrough.  It is... not great.  It’s really lacking any sense of weight or momentum.  Tough to believe it actually came out after X.  Music is still killer though.

kevininja

« Reply #3819 on: August 08, 2018, 11:43:11 am »
I've been playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut a bunch the last couple of days.

I couldn't get into it back when I played it on PS3, but I recently picked up the original Deus Ex, Human Revolution and Mankind Divided since they were on sale on Steam and decided to give the game a second chance and it totally clicked!

I'm currently on the Side Quest "Rotten Business" in Hengsha.

« Reply #3820 on: August 11, 2018, 12:36:50 am »
Nearly done with Mega Man X3 right now and I'm realizing how much these ending levels suck.  In both this, X2, and part of X1.  Tedious is the best way I can describe them.  The Vile fight is fine and so is the Doppler fight, I'm good with them, but the level designs just have some obnoxious enemies and some cheap deaths.  Then having to to grind at points to fill subtanks kills momentum, but you need them to get through the bosses.  Also am I alone in hating the expanded charge buster in X2 and X3? I feel like I play the game better before I get the gun upgrade due to the delay the attack has once you charge up.  It's a responsiveness thing that I don't think works.

Also if you save and quit the game, your progress in the final levels doesn't save and you have to start over from the first stage.  Not fun.

I'm like THIS close to dropping MMX3 and continuing on to the rest of the games, but I don't want to leave this gap in the series.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 12:39:15 am by kamikazekeeg »

kashell

« Reply #3821 on: August 11, 2018, 10:54:09 am »
You're not alone with the X3-buster complaints. It's not responsive and makes X feel more sluggish.

Also if you save and quit the game, your progress in the final levels doesn't save and you have to start over from the first stage.  Not fun.

That's been around since the day one. X4 is like that, too. I can't comment on X5 - X8 because I don't remember.

« Reply #3822 on: August 13, 2018, 08:46:07 am »
Nearly done with Mega Man X3 right now and I'm realizing how much these ending levels suck.  In both this, X2, and part of X1.  Tedious is the best way I can describe them.  The Vile fight is fine and so is the Doppler fight, I'm good with them, but the level designs just have some obnoxious enemies and some cheap deaths.  Then having to to grind at points to fill subtanks kills momentum, but you need them to get through the bosses.  Also am I alone in hating the expanded charge buster in X2 and X3? I feel like I play the game better before I get the gun upgrade due to the delay the attack has once you charge up.  It's a responsiveness thing that I don't think works.

I'm like THIS close to dropping MMX3 and continuing on to the rest of the games, but I don't want to leave this gap in the series.
Oh, that might be the difference, I don't save and quit.  X4's upgraded gun at least the plasma shot, is fantastic, no delay or anything and it's pretty powerful, you'll enjoy it.  I don't know if it's one of those save data transfer things, but you can also use the Fourth Armor in X5, which is super helpful.

kashell

« Reply #3823 on: August 13, 2018, 09:41:11 am »
X's Fourth Armor is available in Mega Man X5 if you start the game with X.

If you start with Zero, Zero will get the ability to fire an additional bullet.

« Reply #3824 on: August 13, 2018, 06:01:01 pm »
X's Fourth Armor is available in Mega Man X5 if you start the game with X.

If you start with Zero, Zero will get the ability to fire an additional bullet.

That's cool.  Always seemed weird that despite these games being proper sequels, Mega Man always started off without his armor and that there's just always these secret Dr Light capsules around just ready to give X new armor.  I know it's purely for game reasons, but I would've liked a story justification "Oh no, the reploids blew up my house where I keep my armor!" lol