Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515513 times)

kashell

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3825 on: August 15, 2018, 09:37:21 am »
I've been playing the Valkyria Chronicles 4 demo. It convinced me to make it a day one purchase. I'm excited, especially after playing Valkyria Revolution.

I've been mainly focusing on getting the remaining trophies in Trinity Universe. It's going pretty well. It's just a bit of a grind since dungeons appear at random.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 03:48:49 pm by kashell »

desocietas

« Reply #3826 on: August 15, 2018, 03:01:11 pm »
I've been playing the Valkyria Chronicles 4 demo. It convinced me to make it a day one purchase. I'm excited, especially after playing Valkyria Revolution.

Oh that's good to hear. I got Revolution, assuming it'd be as good as the others, but saw how it flopped. Glad to know 4 is on route to being as good as the other numbered games.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #3827 on: August 15, 2018, 06:17:49 pm »
I recently started Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse.  Charming AF.  A bit too easy so far, though.

badmrfrostii

« Reply #3828 on: August 15, 2018, 07:10:02 pm »
Mostly just Blazblue x Tag Battle lately. I'm really wanting to get back to Octopath Traveler, but I've kinda lost my drive despite thinking it's a wonderful game. Mostly killing time while waiting for Shenmue I & II rereleases next week!
メガテンマニアック!
Twitter
Twitch.tv

« Reply #3829 on: August 16, 2018, 02:22:21 am »
Of all the things to bring back from the old Mega Man games in Mega Man X5, we bring back the annoying, insta-kill, wall lasers?  I'm sure every Mega Man fan was just dying to have those return lol Starting into the final level now and the game is kind of a mixed bag, but still a positive experience over X2 and X3.  I like the parts for added abilities, the boss fights have pretty good patterns and don't require the weakness weapon that I've seen if you can deal with their attacks, multiple armor sets...The only downsides have been that the whole story and dialogue is clunky.  It doesn't have a bad dub this time and the dialogue is mildly better, but I hate that one Alia or whatever her name is constantly chiming in.  It's some really weird hand holding in a game that doesn't need it as X4 and X5 are way easier than most other Mega Man games.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 02:35:40 am by kamikazekeeg »

kashell

« Reply #3830 on: August 16, 2018, 07:43:24 am »
Mega Man X5 is my least favorite of the X games, even more than X7. Other than the graphics and music, I can't stand a damn thing about it.

« Reply #3831 on: August 16, 2018, 09:45:36 am »
Mega Man X5 is my least favorite of the X games, even more than X7. Other than the graphics and music, I can't stand a damn thing about it.
I haven't played X6-8, but I find it hard to imagine anything being worse than X5... totally in agreement.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3832 on: August 16, 2018, 01:40:44 pm »
I have no recollection of my impressions of MMX5; all I remember is that I bought it, I played it for a very small amount of time, and I don’t own any MMX games after it. I guess I can infer what I thought of it :D

« Reply #3833 on: August 16, 2018, 04:54:46 pm »

Kinda surprised.  I think it's pretty on par with X4 so far, which is my second favorite.  I think it's presentation in general is rather clunky with all the end mission dialogue and mid-mission hand holding, but I'd take this any day over X2 and X3 at the moment.

kashell

« Reply #3834 on: August 16, 2018, 09:20:44 pm »
Different strokes.

If there were a choice between never playing a Mega Man X title again or playing only Mega Man X5, I'd never play an X title again.

« Reply #3835 on: August 16, 2018, 09:27:00 pm »
Different strokes.

If there were a choice between never playing a Mega Man X title again or playing only Mega Man X5, I'd never play an X title again.

Oh sure, totally fine if you hate it, I'm just surprised to see such harsh feelings over a game that is abit clunky, but still a good platformer.  Even things that I thought I'd hate like the timer aren't too big of a deal that I can tell.

kashell

« Reply #3836 on: August 16, 2018, 09:53:13 pm »
Different strokes.

Oh sure, totally fine if you hate it, I'm just surprised to see such harsh feelings over a game that is abit clunky, but still a good platformer.  Even things that I thought I'd hate like the timer aren't too big of a deal that I can tell.

The timer is just there for dramatic effect. You can let it run out.

« Reply #3837 on: August 17, 2018, 11:52:41 am »
Different strokes.

Gonna agree with this statement.  I abandoned the X collection because I just really don't want to play through X5.  I'll do it at some point, but I'm not looking forward to it.

kashell

« Reply #3838 on: August 17, 2018, 01:08:14 pm »
Different strokes.

Gonna agree with this statement.  I abandoned the X collection because I just really don't want to play through X5.  I'll do it at some point, but I'm not looking forward to it.

You're not missing much unless you want to get the remaining trophies/achievements, which are expectedly just as obnoxious.

« Reply #3839 on: August 17, 2018, 01:10:28 pm »
Different strokes.

You're not missing much unless you want to get the remaining trophies/achievements, which are expectedly just as obnoxious.
Sadly... I do, I want that platinum.