Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514864 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3885 on: October 01, 2018, 09:30:49 am »
I abandoned the X collection when I got to X7.

« Reply #3886 on: October 02, 2018, 05:06:23 am »
Back to playing Mordor: Shadow of War so that I can get this finished before Red Dead Redemption 2 later this month and buying my new PC soon.  Took a big break awhile back, and since then they did the big overhaul update that removes the marketplace and supposedly deals with late game grinding, which I'm not sure how close to that I am.  Don't particularly notice any differences, but I don't think most folks will that haven't beaten the game yet.  The normal grind does get abit repetitive at times, as there is only so many ways to progress, but the side content I don't feel is overly exciting, especially side quests.

I feel like what keeps me going is the chance to get an interesting new captain to fight or get ambushed by someone at inopportune times, because damn the Nemesis system is impressive.  While you start to see some slight overlap in visual design and voice actors after awhile, there's only so many ways you can make these Orc's look different, I don't think there's ever been a point where a Captain shows up and the dialogue he is giving is familiar to me.  That's impressive 30 hours in.  This continues to be the highlight of this series.

« Reply #3887 on: October 02, 2018, 01:04:02 pm »
I abandoned the X collection when I got to X7.

Honestly dont blame you

desocietas

« Reply #3888 on: October 02, 2018, 02:46:20 pm »
Chocobo Tales for the DS is so damn cute. I am loving it.

I love that game so much. It deserves a replay soon :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3889 on: October 03, 2018, 09:03:24 am »
I’m still playing Spider-Man. Holy shit!  What a game!
I suck at the combat, but swinging around the city is a blast. I’m a backpack collecting son of a gun!

I also got Megaman 11 in yesterday. I’ve played 2 stages. So far, this game is stupid hard; but I’m having a good time.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3890 on: October 03, 2018, 12:42:15 pm »
I’m still playing Spider-Man. Holy shit!  What a game!
I suck at the combat, but swinging around the city is a blast. I’m a backpack collecting son of a gun!

Great game, just finished it the other day. The reason I bought my PS4.

No Goblins or Symbiotes, though. Odd for a Spider-Man game.

shfan

« Reply #3891 on: October 07, 2018, 11:12:31 am »
Still playing Mount & Blade: Warband on the PS4, mostly conquered the island of Caladria, eliminated 3 out of 5 rival factions, only the Nords and Swadians left, the Swadians took a beating but have rallied, so need to keep an eye on them. The Nords are on the backfoot, I'm taking castles off them wholesale, took a town off them where their king and about 10 Jarls were licking their wounds after my army won through with a fifth of their troop strength. They're in trouble, in short  8)

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3892 on: October 07, 2018, 09:31:51 pm »
been playing Disgaea 1 complete on switch it's amazing.

kevininja

« Reply #3893 on: October 08, 2018, 03:48:32 pm »
Currently on Mission 6 in Return to Castle Wolfenstein. The Super Soldier kicked my ass back in Mission 5 but I eventually killed him.

« Reply #3894 on: October 08, 2018, 08:20:16 pm »
Finally picked up Escape from Tarkov.  I had mostly cut back on buying much that is Early Access, it's such a toss up if the thing comes out right, but I had been watching a lot of it on Twitch and with my new PC, felt like it was in a reasonable enough place.  It's definitely a ridiculously intense game due to being able to lose all your gear and I definitely died more than I escaped.  Very hardcore shooter, but I'm liking it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3895 on: October 08, 2018, 08:51:45 pm »
Playing through Batman: Arkham Asylum, again.

« Reply #3896 on: October 10, 2018, 09:49:49 pm »
Couldn't really figure out what I wanted to do for more Resident Evil, building up to Resident Evil 2 Remake next year, but with a new PC right now, I figured why not jump into Resident Evil 7 and just max out all those settings? I ran it at like medium'ish settings before and it looked alright enough, still a good looking game, but now it's maxed and running butter smooth with only the most minor of hiccups.  This is a pretty quick run through the game, I mean I've beaten it like...3 times now since last year.  Normal, Madhouse Difficulty, and the under 4 hours run.  This time I'm using infinite ammo and basically just gonna hurry my way through using all the powerful guns with little restraint for the fun of it.  Absolutely love this game.

telly

« Reply #3897 on: October 10, 2018, 09:58:25 pm »
Beat Yoshi's Island, going to try for 100% until I get bored. I plan on starting Wind Waker when I'm done!
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #3898 on: October 11, 2018, 12:02:59 am »
I started the DLC for Horizon: Zero Dawn.  I forgot just how great this game looks and feels.

PaleManInBlack

« Reply #3899 on: October 12, 2018, 04:37:09 pm »
I'm still playing Breath of the Wild after starting it two weeks ago.