Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 513140 times)

mark1982

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3930 on: November 06, 2018, 08:06:51 am »

Playing Ni No Kuni II on the PS4 - I really like the game even though critics were saying it was a bit boring. I had to up the difficulty though because normal was just way too easy, basically press one button for every fight. At least now with the difficulty patch I have to utilize the dodge / block mechanics and activate special abilities and use health buffs. A lot better than the default settings, heard the difficulty patch was added later too - Probably one of the reasons why I don't play games on launch, wait a few months for them to fix the game with a patch for more options and a better experience.

-----------

Then I'm playing Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King on the Switch. Really good top down Zelda clone tbh. Having a lot of fun with this game on the go. Mechanics are pretty much like a Zelda game except item consumption is from a MP. Nice retro fix on the Switch if you ask me.
  l    l 

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3931 on: November 06, 2018, 09:21:34 am »
I just started BoxBoy! on my 3ds. I haven't played any of this series in the past and I am surprised at how fun and addictive the gameplay is.

It has been a quick play through so far, but I still have a few more worlds to tackle.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

« Reply #3932 on: November 06, 2018, 12:16:23 pm »
Red Dead Redemption 2 with Pokemon Let’s Go! Eevee on preorder for next Friday

desocietas

« Reply #3933 on: November 07, 2018, 01:40:24 pm »
Been playing a lot of Yakuza 0 lately... but still kinda craving some sort of handheld RPG but also want to go back to Xenoblade Chronicles 1 (but don't want to subject myself to the N3DS version).

Hm, but then again, looking at the reviews for the portable version, maybe it's not as bad as I'd heard.

Anyone play both versions and have any thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 01:44:41 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #3934 on: November 07, 2018, 05:12:48 pm »
Been playing a lot of Yakuza 0 lately... but still kinda craving some sort of handheld RPG but also want to go back to Xenoblade Chronicles 1 (but don't want to subject myself to the N3DS version).

Hm, but then again, looking at the reviews for the portable version, maybe it's not as bad as I'd heard.

Anyone play both versions and have any thoughts?

Just going off the N3DS version, I thought it was awful.  Poor performance, extra ugly visuals, and they didn't alter anything to take advantage of the N3DS features such as touch controls for menus.  It's not unplayable, but I was really wondering why they thought a port of this was a good idea at the time.

desocietas

« Reply #3935 on: November 07, 2018, 06:50:52 pm »
Just going off the N3DS version, I thought it was awful.  Poor performance, extra ugly visuals, and they didn't alter anything to take advantage of the N3DS features such as touch controls for menus.  It's not unplayable, but I was really wondering why they thought a port of this was a good idea at the time.

Good to know! Some folks didn't like the visuals in the Wii version either, ha, so I wonder how bad the N3DS one is. I might just GameFly it to see for myself.  I don't mind the Wii visuals - I feel like they looked slightly better through the Wii U, and having a larger screen to play the game made it feel pretty immersive.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #3936 on: November 08, 2018, 12:27:49 am »
With Darksiders 3 coming out soon, and after kind of an intense open world experience with Red Dead Redemption 2, I decide that I wanted an open world experience with abit less...scope to it, abit more direction and fun action, so decided I'm gonna hop back into Darksiders 2.  I loved the first game at the time, mixing God of War and Zelda, and back when D2 released, I generally liked it, but I think I sorta lost interest half-way through, maybe abit further.  It's been forever since this then, so don't remember exactly, though I know the loot system wasn't a super great addition.  Still love the aesthetics and setup and while I'm not picking up Darksiders 3 right away, probably down the road (It's just out in too busy of a season), this will be a good refresher for everything.

Gonna move to PS4 tomorrow though once I re-up my Playstation Plus sub, because the PC version of the "Deathinitive Edition" is kinda buggy and sloppy feeling for what was a remastered version of the original game.

kashell

« Reply #3937 on: November 08, 2018, 01:10:00 pm »
So, Death Mark does not waste any time in letting you know that it deserved the M rating. Within the first minute, there's a detailed depiction of a severed arm.

telly

« Reply #3938 on: November 08, 2018, 01:43:05 pm »
I've been playing some more YGO World Championship 2006 on the GBA. I really like this game, I've probably put about 60 hours into it. I'm building a new deck for the survival mode based on locking, burn damage and healing. Going to try and use Solar Flare Dragon and plenty of battle traps. Just need one more card before I can start testing it.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

« Reply #3939 on: November 08, 2018, 02:26:36 pm »
So, Death Mark does not waste any time in letting you know that it deserved the M rating. Within the first minute, there's a detailed depiction of a severed arm.

Oo, sounds good! I'm not a horror person, but I'm fine with dark themes in visual novel sort of games like 999. Is the gameplay more like 999 or Danganronpa or is there more action to it?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #3940 on: November 08, 2018, 02:57:13 pm »

Oo, sounds good! I'm not a horror person, but I'm fine with dark themes in visual novel sort of games like 999. Is the gameplay more like 999 or Danganronpa or is there more action to it?

It's more like Dangan Ronpa. You get to move around and investigate various haunts, inspect the areas for clues, and gain info on how to protect yourself when it comes time to "battle" enemies. It's a really unique combination.

desocietas

« Reply #3941 on: November 08, 2018, 03:09:33 pm »

It's more like Dangan Ronpa. You get to move around and investigate various haunts, inspect the areas for clues, and gain info on how to protect yourself when it comes time to "battle" enemies. It's a really unique combination.

Nice! I'll have to add it to my wishlist :)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #3942 on: November 08, 2018, 09:00:52 pm »
Definitely! It was another impulse buy that turned out to be a good one.

The guy at the register said it was the only copy in the area, so I guess it didn't generate much buzz.

« Reply #3943 on: November 12, 2018, 02:51:48 am »
Initially was just gonna play Darksiders 2 as I never beat it back when it released, but that game clearly had some development issues and even the "Deathinitive Edition" was rushed out and had no work to improve it's performance.  It runs not great on both PC and PS4.  Even the original version of the game isn't super hot.  Rather than be annoyed at that right now, decided to hop back into the first Darksiders.  I tried to play it last year, didn't get too far in for whatever reason and decided against playing further, but I'm all in now and enjoying myself.  It's got a little jank here and there, some sections really start to drag, but overall still a pretty solid game. 

Once I beat this, I might try Darksiders 2 again, not sure, I really want to beat it before I pick up Darksiders 3, which I might do next month, but that game has problems.

*EDIT*
Cheating abit with my Darksiders 2 playthrough by starting up my old save I had that was like over halfway complete with the game, mostly because I didn't want to spend a bunch of hours dealing with the games bugginess and I am mostly just playing for the story to have fresh for Darksiders 3.  Weird jumping into the middle of a game I haven't played in like 5 to 6 years, but luckily a lot of the core aspects of the game are still similar to Darksiders 1 that I just beat, so it's not too hard to figure things out.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 09:46:59 pm by kamikazekeeg »

kashell

« Reply #3944 on: November 16, 2018, 08:18:06 am »
Cosmic Star Heroine update:

You know what's fun? Fighting the same boss three times because the trophy won't pop the first time. You know what's even more fun? Having do to it again for another boss! At this point, I'm ready for the game to be over. I only have two trophies left before the platinum. I'm hoping I can get them both (on the first try) tonight.