Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 505120 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3945 on: November 17, 2018, 02:19:44 am »
Microsoft finally let Sunset Overdrive come to PC, one of only like two games I wanted on the Xbox One and it's a blast.  To me, it's kind of a little bit of everything from open world action games at the time.  Bit of Saints Row here, bit of Dead Rising there, bit of Infamous over there, and then bathe it in color, 4th wall breaking humor, and some punk attitude, and you got a good time.  It's crazy to see that they went from this goofball game to something as big as Spider-Man in only a couple years.

kashell

« Reply #3946 on: November 17, 2018, 11:23:23 pm »
I'm going through Valkyrie Profile (PlayStation version) for the nth time. I adore this game.

« Reply #3947 on: November 19, 2018, 04:55:11 am »
Yeah, Sunset Overdrive is up there as one of the most fun open world games I've played in a long while, and this includes Breath of the Wild and Spider-Man.  Not that Sunset Overdrive is a better game at all, but the freedom, the humor, just the crazy chaos makes for a great time.  I'm kinda glad that I'm playing this right now compared to 4 years ago when it first released, because these specific type of games are less common now.  I'm so glad I have this to play after feeling drained and burnt out by Red Dead Redemption 2's experience.  Sunset Overdrive is like the antithesis of RDR2.

kevininja

« Reply #3948 on: November 22, 2018, 04:45:25 pm »
Yeah, Sunset Overdrive is up there as one of the most fun open world games I've played in a long while, and this includes Breath of the Wild and Spider-Man.  Not that Sunset Overdrive is a better game at all, but the freedom, the humor, just the crazy chaos makes for a great time.  I'm kinda glad that I'm playing this right now compared to 4 years ago when it first released, because these specific type of games are less common now.  I'm so glad I have this to play after feeling drained and burnt out by Red Dead Redemption 2's experience.  Sunset Overdrive is like the antithesis of RDR2.

Definitely agree with that, I picked it up this week and I'm having a blast. The game is just ridiculously fun to play and it doesn't take itself too seriously.

« Reply #3949 on: November 22, 2018, 07:16:43 pm »

Definitely agree with that, I picked it up this week and I'm having a blast. The game is just ridiculously fun to play and it doesn't take itself too seriously.

I just finished one of the DLC missions, which adds a whole new section and got one more DLC to do.  Continues to be fun and then I'll probably dabble with some of the challenge missions as I did NONE of them while playing as I'm not usually one for doing many of these.  It's always so silly and over-the-top and that brings me joy.

shfan

« Reply #3950 on: November 24, 2018, 01:52:31 pm »
I'm playing Venetica on the 360, it's extremely meat and potatoes double-A, but I'm really enjoying it! The only issue is bugs, the first boss just won't be beaten..

PaleManInBlack

« Reply #3951 on: November 25, 2018, 01:02:04 am »
Started playing Jade Empire on the Xbox. Has an interesting setting being set in ancient China, is about martial arts and includes Chinese mythology. Combat is a bit... eh, alright, but that is to be expected of a Bioware game. The voice acting so far has been rather bad and sounds like some of the voice actors couldn't be bothered recording.

I've Also been playing Rainbow Six: Siege. I bought it after last weeks free weekend. At times it takes a while to find a game which can be annoying but what makes it even worse is when I get into a game that's already in progress.

I've also decided to jump back into Warframe after not playing it for like two years. I saw they've updated it quite a bit since then and now a have a free roaming area. I just hope I don't become addicted to it... again.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 01:18:06 am by purdon »

« Reply #3952 on: November 25, 2018, 04:15:55 pm »
On Twitch I finished Starfleet Academy for PC and have moved on to Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Crossroads of Time.  I beat the first couple of stages in short order, but I gotta say this game has aged pretty well, considering the SNES TNG game is hot garbage.

The soundtrack is actually pretty killer, too.

kashell

« Reply #3953 on: November 26, 2018, 08:10:47 am »
While I wait for both Smash and Senua, I decided to start another replay. This time, I'm going through Grandia II on the Dreamcast. It's about as fun as I remember it from all those years ago. The first time I played it, I was on the PlayStation 2. This version is much smoother.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3954 on: November 26, 2018, 06:00:09 pm »
While I wait for both Smash and Senua, I decided to start another replay. This time, I'm going through Grandia II on the Dreamcast. It's about as fun as I remember it from all those years ago. The first time I played it, I was on the PlayStation 2. This version is much smoother.
I agree the dreamcast version is superior to the ps2 but either way it's a great game.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3955 on: November 26, 2018, 09:56:55 pm »
Picked up, played, and completed Oxenfree on my Switch this Thanksgiving weekend.

It’s less a game and more a choose your own adventure type deal.

Imagine tell tale type game with less puzzle elements and more just walking around and choosing dialog.

But the dialog choices and order in which you explore areas has dramatic impact on where the story goes, like Detroit Become Human.

I enjoyed it for what it was. The story was intriguing and the voice acting/script was entertaining.

It has some time travel elements to it and I’m a sucker for time travel fiction.

The game has several potential endings.

telly

« Reply #3956 on: December 02, 2018, 09:45:10 pm »
So I finally started a game on my PS4, and went with Final Fantasy X just to play something I'm familiar with while I finish off Secret of Mana.

Oh man, do I love this game so much. Just finished Besaid island and I'm loving it. Can't wait to play through this game again for the third time xD
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

jeffmandm

« Reply #3957 on: December 03, 2018, 09:15:43 am »
I'm currently playing through the Mega Man X series (well, more specifically Rockman X (ロックマンX) as I'm playing the Japanese versions, save for X3). I've already completed Rockman X and Rockman X2, and working on Mega Man X3 (I prefer the 32-bit versions so I'm playing the version included in the original X Collection for GameCube and PS2) right now. After Rockman X4, I'm gonna be taking a break to prepare for X6 (I'm considering skipping X5 because I actually... don't like X5. Short version is: ending should not be decided by a dice roll.) and X7.

Yesterday (as of this post) in X3 I went back to stages and got all the items/armor parts I missed minus the chips as I'm going for the one in Doppler 1 to get the Hyper Chip/Gold Armor. I also played a little bit of Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash as I'm trying to complete the V-Road Challenge, but I'm having problems with the Queen Cup, it keeps kicking my butt come the second level. I've heard a strategy is to grind earlier cups for cards to upgrade characters and weapons to max in order to deal the damage.

« Reply #3958 on: December 03, 2018, 01:01:44 pm »
Yakuza: Dead Souls
No way near as bad as people make out, I will say it is a game to where I have to sink into it pace - There are a lot of loading screens that take a hefty time. But once I got used to the games aiming having use the left analogue stick to navigate, I was fine! I actually really like the presentation of the city under quarantine and the story is very engaging and compelling despite not being canon to the series and a fun off shoot - This is a great example of what a spin-off title should offer.

I had to stop playing it for a while because I hadn't played Yakuza 2 and in this game you can play as the main antagonist, but now I have beat Kiwami 2 I've fit snuggly back into this game :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3959 on: December 03, 2018, 01:04:59 pm »
Not sure whether to jump into God of War III Remastered or Until Dawn next on my PS4...

Also been playing through levels of Spyro: Reignited Trilogy here and there. It's really the same exact games, just better graphics. They didn't change anything else.