Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514862 times)

kypherion

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3960 on: December 03, 2018, 01:18:32 pm »
.Hack//INFECTION, I finally snagged a copy at PRGE 2018. I previously emulated it and enjoyed it so I bought it. Pretty solid.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #3961 on: December 03, 2018, 05:13:28 pm »
Just beat all 3 gen 1 pokemon games back to back to back on the 3ds virtual console 123.5 hours total
Mom still thinks its a phase...

PaleManInBlack

« Reply #3962 on: December 06, 2018, 02:17:03 pm »
Playing through the first and second Darksiders in preparation for the third.

telly

« Reply #3963 on: December 06, 2018, 02:59:54 pm »
Finished Secret of Mana and am now playing Far Cry 4 for a total 180 in gameplay style  :D
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

azure

« Reply #3964 on: December 06, 2018, 07:36:27 pm »
Getting close to beating Let's GO Pikachu and completing the Pokedex.

« Reply #3965 on: December 07, 2018, 03:41:02 am »
Gonna be playing through Smash Bros this weekend, but I really hate most of the characters being unlocks.  I can't seem to reliably get "New Challengers" to show up and then use the cheat to reset the game and then the unlock timer.  It's annoying.

kashell

« Reply #3966 on: December 07, 2018, 10:40:39 am »
I'm still going to focus on Grandia II, but I want to get to a good stopping point so I can start Hellblade. I heard it's short, so that will be a nice break from Grandia II.

Smash will be played in bits and pieces. It's pretty fun, but that was expected.

kypherion

« Reply #3967 on: December 10, 2018, 11:50:19 am »
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate! I've already got 34 hours as of this post and am going to continue to play.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #3968 on: December 13, 2018, 01:22:06 am »
Been working through World of Light in Smash, and while it's not very great, and feels way too long, parts of it have been entertaining.  In the last area though, so can probably get it finished soon.

Also just started Kingdom Hearts Final Mix on PS4.  Picked up the set to try and get through at least the two main KH games this month so that I can have enough time between them and KH3 that I'll play in February.  Not a bad start to it, I haven't touched this game since it first released, so been abit nostalgic to go back to and this remaster is pretty snazzy looking, but oh boy this combat is not that good lol Stiff and imprecise is how I'd describe it.  Hoping it improves abit at least enough that I can get through the game.  Maybe KH2 has better combat, I really don't remember.

« Reply #3969 on: December 13, 2018, 04:23:12 am »
I'm playing through the Kingdom Hearts series too. I'm now up to Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix and loving it! I can say that they really upped their game on the presentation of the Disney worlds in this title and the animations during the in-game cutscenes are some of the finest to this day - Me & my friend keep sending one another screenshots as they're really that good! I'm hoping to beat this & Dream Drop Distance (Which I have never played before) so I am up to date on the story, but I really want to dive deep into KH2's extras as I have never really done them before.

I don't see what was stiff about the combat in KH1, if anything they improved it by mapping the camera control scheme to the right analogue stick. I honestly think these games have the best set of controls for an Action Rpg, very fast, responsive and hella-fun! I personally liked Birth by Sleeps control scheme more where you cycled your attacks via the shoulder buttons, it feel so smooth and was just ace seeing how well it flowed. When you look at Final Fantasy XV's passive hold to win battle system this is far more engaging and I have high hopes for Kingdom Hearts III.

I did get HellBlade recently, which I am going to try squeeze in between, maybe this Sunday when my friend comes around.

« Reply #3970 on: December 13, 2018, 04:38:44 am »
I'm playing through the Kingdom Hearts series too. I'm now up to Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix and loving it! I can say that they really upped their game on the presentation of the Disney worlds in this title and the animations during the in-game cutscenes are some of the finest to this day - Me & my friend keep sending one another screenshots as they're really that good! I'm hoping to beat this & Dream Drop Distance (Which I have never played before) so I am up to date on the story, but I really want to dive deep into KH2's extras as I have never really done them before.

I don't see what was stiff about the combat in KH1, if anything they improved it by mapping the camera control scheme to the right analogue stick. I honestly think these games have the best set of controls for an Action Rpg, very fast, responsive and hella-fun! I personally liked Birth by Sleeps control scheme more where you cycled your attacks via the shoulder buttons, it feel so smooth and was just ace seeing how well it flowed. When you look at Final Fantasy XV's passive hold to win battle system this is far more engaging and I have high hopes for Kingdom Hearts III.

I'd praise the camera controls more if I was able to increase the rotation speed, it's so slow, but its at least better than the auto-camera.  I definitely don't get "fast and responsive" for KH1 right now, but I've looked at the controls online and seems like I'll get guard and counters later at some point.  Not having that from the start feels like a pretty bad idea as it really gimps the combat and makes it not fun right now.  Doesn't help that the dodge has a delay to it after an attack.  Not asking for Dark Souls here, but this game is definitely a product of the time lol  I've heard the combat overall is better in KH2, so I'll deal with it till then.

« Reply #3971 on: December 13, 2018, 08:15:11 am »
I think we I prefer it to something like Dark Souls (Beyond that games sales pitch on difficulty...) is that Sora moves much fast as the game accommodates for Platforming - if anything though I'd say this is where the controls do get stiff as the slow fall in the jumping animation is really tricky for precise movement - Deep Jungles Vines area would be a casing point! But for combat I simply never found an issue with it, so I'm just sort of surprised. If anything, I remember when Kingdom Hearts II was first released it got a lot of flak for Sora having overwhelming offense and the game being press X to win. Playing now on Critical Mode I beg to differ though :P There were times when an enemy would use a homing attack which would take 1/2 my health off upon contact.

One thing I did really appreciate when playing through Kingdom Hearts 1 again was how the RPG factors really do alter the action combat. I was stuck on a boss which used Lightning attacks and as soon a I changed my accessories to nulify the damage I beat them 1st time. I think a lot of Action 'RPGs' don't really mesh the set up and the combat well, so it was such a nice surprised to see how strategic thinking came in to play.

« Reply #3972 on: December 15, 2018, 05:54:53 pm »
Enter The Gungeon has its claws in me. I stink at it but cannot get enough. So happy it got a physical release.
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

« Reply #3973 on: December 15, 2018, 05:56:53 pm »
Enter The Gungeon has its claws in me. I stink at it but cannot get enough. So happy it got a physical release.

I just stopped playing it because I couldn't get past like the third or 4th chamber lol

kashell

« Reply #3974 on: December 16, 2018, 11:19:43 am »
I'm playing Monkey Magic on the PlayStation. Surprisingly, it's pretty good.