Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 513211 times)

PaleManInBlack

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #4080 on: May 07, 2019, 08:19:27 pm »
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, because it was added to Xbox Game Pass and I managed to get three months for £1. I can't say I would buy it unless it was cheaper than £10 though. The game is definitely a looker, especially in 4K.

mark1982

« Reply #4081 on: May 21, 2019, 06:41:19 am »
Just started Chasm last night on the Nintendo Switch. Didn't know much about it going in but I'm having a lot of fun with this Metroidvania title.

The animations are great and I'm really liking how they followed the SOTN style items and weapons including rare drops from enemies. Great game for anyone into retro styled games.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 09:18:07 am by mark1982 »
  l    l 

« Reply #4082 on: May 21, 2019, 11:43:06 am »
Going through the Castlevania Collection on Switch right now.  Beat the first game and while I'm not huge on the movement, I generally enjoyed the game.  Castlevania 2 on the other hand is showing itself to be very tedious.  I beat the mansion and I'm trying to figure out what exactly I need to do.  Trying not to use a guide, but I'll probably use one just to push through this game to progress through the rest of them.

kashell

« Reply #4083 on: May 21, 2019, 11:53:25 am »
Doing a replay of SaGa Frontier - my favorite game of all time. I'm going through Blue's quest. I haven't played as him in over a decade.

Naturally, I'm having a blast.

« Reply #4084 on: May 22, 2019, 03:45:35 am »
Ended up putting time into Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed and remembering how great of a game it is.  I still think, in general, that this is game is better than Mario Kart.  Nintendo makes very high quality stuff and knows how to make a solid kart racer, but Transformed offers some real fun stuff that you just don't see in Mario Kart.

I mostly wanted to play this, because the Team Sonic Racing game looks awful in comparison.  Pretty sad that Sega made that instead of a new All Stars Racing with more characters from other game franchises they have.  Bring Virtua Fighter back, Yakuza, Vectorman, Streets of Rage, Valkyria Chronicles (They'd be driving a tank!), and I'm sure they could do a bunch of new great bonus characters.

telly

« Reply #4085 on: May 22, 2019, 10:01:56 am »
I'm in Sharliton now in Tales of Xillia. Been enjoying my time so far, although I find Elize and Teepo extremely annoying. Feels like a copy-paste of Anise from tales of the Abyss
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #4086 on: May 22, 2019, 11:28:58 am »
Just got access to the Luveno spaceship in the Wii VC version of Phantasy Star.

« Reply #4087 on: June 01, 2019, 03:54:07 am »
Got to try out some stuff, so I played through the Code Vein demo/network test and while it has pretty good customization, it's essentially a Soulsborne game, just not nearly as good.  Gameplay really didn't sell me on the game as the weight of the hits and such just feels real lacking.  Like it's a budget version of Bloodborne, but all the characters are hilariously super anime.  Some people might like it, but it didn't do a lot for me personally, though I would love for them to release the character customization mode as a separate thing lol

Before that, I tried playing Dauntless, another game that is basically a lesser version of a better series, that being Monster Hunter.  Much in the same as Code Vein, it's just not as good as what it's trying to emulate.  That said, it's clearly meant to be a simpler, F2P, game, and for that, I can't knock it too much, but I just found it boring.  The style isn't anything great, and fighting monsters didn't come closes to the same level as Monster Hunter World did for me.  It also ran pretty poorly in the hub and at times during combat.  Some people will like this, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Also been playing the Godzilla Defense Force mobile game...Though I really should put "playing" and "game" in quotations, because it's neither of these.  I only keep up with it cause you can collect Godzilla related cards, as otherwise it's a terrible game that you don't actually have to play or put any sort of thought or effort into lol

azure

« Reply #4088 on: June 01, 2019, 12:51:54 pm »
Running through the Castlevania Collection on Switch. Almost done of Simon's Quest currently, liking this one a lot more than I expected.

kashell

« Reply #4089 on: June 01, 2019, 07:37:22 pm »
Playing through enhanced ports of both Odin Sphere and Final Fantasy XII.

The QoL features in both games are amazing; I'm having ten times more fun than I did when I played the original versions.

telly

« Reply #4090 on: June 02, 2019, 08:44:38 am »
QoL?

I see that and I think Quality of Life  ;D
Currently Playing:

kashell

« Reply #4091 on: June 02, 2019, 05:16:32 pm »
You would be correct!

Warmsignal

« Reply #4092 on: June 17, 2019, 06:31:12 pm »
I've been playing a lot of Planet Coaster lately. It's my new favorite game currently, haven't had this much fun since the RCT days. Since I am a fan of amusement parks, I just love spending hours building and detailing every little piece of my own amusement park. So far I have just one roller-coaster in my park, and I've spend about 5 or 6 hours just adding details and scenery to it. I could do this kind of stuff all day.

telly

« Reply #4093 on: June 17, 2019, 10:58:56 pm »
Started playing Four Swords Adventures with a friend of mine, hoping to add another friend in soon. :D It's very fun! Just the controls get a little getting used to since there really aren't enough buttons on the GBA
Currently Playing:

kashell

« Reply #4094 on: June 18, 2019, 08:16:33 am »
Dragon Star Varnir. I'm in Chapter 5. It's pretty intense, but I like it.