Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 513294 times)

shfan

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #4365 on: November 20, 2020, 12:54:22 pm »
Put Rune Factory 4 Special down temporarily after beating the base game, picked up Yoshi's Crafted World (Switch), what a gorgeous game! Looks amazing and plays sweet as anything, Nintendo really do have platformers nailed. Next after that is Pikmin 3 Deluxe. I'm just playing the basic playthrough of everything I've got for the Switch as I'm getting it, I'll return to them later to fully explore the gameworlds, at some point I am going to run out of games to try (and I'm not complaining about that, it'll be a relief) 0.0

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4366 on: November 20, 2020, 05:29:31 pm »
Miles Morales: Spider-Man PS4 version.

I'm loving it, so far. The electric powers definetly add to the combat in a satisfying way. And it feels like an extension to the already superb Spider-Man game.

« Reply #4367 on: November 20, 2020, 05:53:39 pm »
Nearly done with Demon's Souls, overall I liked the game, up to the final boss, who has the wonderful ability to instantly kill you and straight up de-level your character if you get caught.  This might be the most cruel and evil ability I've ever seen in a video game lol 

I'm grinding out a few new endgame weapons to see if they service me better in the final fight and to grind out a number of levels so that losing a few won't hurt me and will get me a bit stronger, because damn, this is a real fight, more so than most of the bosses I've fought in the game.  Honestly, this game doesn't really have particularly great boss fights, at least in comparison to what the series will become, but most of them are still pretty visually striking and you feel like a badass fighting them.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4368 on: November 20, 2020, 09:36:38 pm »

I'm loving it, so far. The electric powers definetly add to the combat in a satisfying way. And it feels like an extension to the already superb Spider-Man game.

Im really glad to hear this. After the lack of excitement everyone had for The Avengers, I was nervous. I really want to try this one

pzeke

« Reply #4369 on: November 21, 2020, 06:52:52 am »

Im really glad to hear this. After the lack of excitement everyone had for The Avengers, I was nervous. I really want to try this one

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #4370 on: November 28, 2020, 06:37:28 am »
After playing the remake of Demon's Souls, I got in a big mood to play the rest of the games (Skipping Bloodborne till they put out a PS5 update), so I picked up all three of them, particularly the remaster for Dark Souls and Scholar of the First Sin for Dark Souls 2 for those performance improvements, and I'm into Dark Souls: Remastered right now, which I never beat originally.  Just got through Blighttown which is so nice compared to what it use to be, trudging through it's darkness and murky framerate.  This area was such a test on peoples patience back in the day, but it's not so bad anymore.  Think I have a side area or two I can check out at the moment before Sen's Fortress (I've only beat Undead Parish, The Depths, and Blighttown), but trucking through this.  Hoping to beat it before Cyberpunk comes out in a little over a week.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 06:39:11 am by kamikazekeeg »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4371 on: December 11, 2020, 01:34:41 pm »

The Messenger

This game is fun as hell if you're an old-school NES gamer. Fun action-platformer, great controls, great chip-tune music, and an upgrade shop that keeps you striving.

Though that final boss, damn, can't do it. Too hard.

It's on Xbox Game Pass. Released for other systems, too. Check it out.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 01:37:01 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #4372 on: December 13, 2020, 01:38:11 am »
Putting a pause on Cyberpunk 2077, I do like the game, but it doesn't run the best and has some annoyances, and hearing that even people with high end systems are struggling to hit a regular 60fps at times, means my lower end system isn't going to fare better, so I think I'll wait a little bit, see if they can't get a big update out this next week to clean up some things.

In the meantime, back to Dark Souls 2 which I started as I waited for Cyberpunk to come out.  I hate that they changed either the movement or camera from DS1.  I heard it's so that PVP would be improved, but it just makes the game feel off.  Still playable, but after going from Demon's Souls Remake, to Dark Souls 1: Remastered, it's almost like I'm playing a different game.

« Reply #4373 on: December 13, 2020, 01:01:51 pm »
The Messenger

This game is fun as hell if you're an old-school NES gamer. Fun action-platformer, great controls, great chip-tune music, and an upgrade shop that keeps you striving.

Though that final boss, damn, can't do it. Too hard.

It's on Xbox Game Pass. Released for other systems, too. Check it out.

This is a super fun game.  I thought it got a hair too repetitive in the back half, but the style, soundtrack, and humor are so good I didn't mind.

In the meantime, back to Dark Souls 2 which I started as I waited for Cyberpunk to come out.  I hate that they changed either the movement or camera from DS1.  I heard it's so that PVP would be improved, but it just makes the game feel off.  Still playable, but after going from Demon's Souls Remake, to Dark Souls 1: Remastered, it's almost like I'm playing a different game.

Yeah, DS2 is the game in the series that gave me the most trouble, mostly because it plays just differently enough from the others that it can cause some real pain in certain areas.  I do think it's an undersung, sequel though, where the biggest issue is that it just isn't parts 1 or 3.

« Reply #4374 on: December 13, 2020, 01:55:54 pm »
Just started Demons Souls (the original on PS3)
Finished Boletarian Palace, just grinding for souls to make myself a badass.

« Reply #4375 on: December 13, 2020, 03:39:16 pm »
Yeah, DS2 is the game in the series that gave me the most trouble, mostly because it plays just differently enough from the others that it can cause some real pain in certain areas.  I do think it's an undersung, sequel though, where the biggest issue is that it just isn't parts 1 or 3.

Definitely very conflicting feelings with it right now with two bosses down.  Compared to DS1 Remastered, the movement isn't right, but I can hurry up and down ladders.  The nearly non-existent drop distance you are allowed is stupid, but the item box is improved.  There are some slight gameplay stuff that bug me so far, but there's a full bonfire warp system.  It definitely feels like that middle game, where they were trying to improve and add to the series, though it didn't exactly work out like they hoped, but after Bloodborne, they were able to tweak the series and gives us Dark Souls 3, which is is easily going to be my favorite Dark Souls game.  I currently don't know if I would pick Bloodborne or Dark Souls 3 as my overall favorite as I'm going to wait on replaying Bloodborne until they either update it to 60fps or do a remaster, which is what I'm more leaning towards them doing myself.

lex2000

« Reply #4376 on: December 16, 2020, 12:03:15 pm »
At the moment I've been sinking most of my time into The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (the Switch remake) and Paper Mario: The Origami King. That is, until Yakuza Kiwami comes in the mail, then undoubtedly all of my time will be put into that instead. Oh yeah, I've also been playing a bit of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team and Final Fantasy II (the PSP remake) on the side.
@ me when Sinnoh remakes are announced

kashell

« Reply #4377 on: December 16, 2020, 02:10:18 pm »
I was going through some memory cards and saw I had an unfinished file of Tactics Ogre on the PlayStation. I decided to get back into that. I just made it to chapter 3 - things are going as well as expected with this version. It's crazy how one level difference can make or break a battle.

« Reply #4378 on: December 16, 2020, 02:19:02 pm »
Took a break from Cyberpunk to let it get a few patches in on PC, so back to Dark Souls 2.  I just realized another change to the game, in that you can only take out enemies a little more than a dozen times before they stop respawning.  I actually thought my game was bugged or something when enemies stopped respawning in a few spots lol It's a weird thing that I can't say if its good or bad as it can be useful when you do a run so many times that eventually the run gets easier because of this, but also it means you can't farm enemies as much if needing to grind out souls or maybe wanting to grind for certain gear drops.  This game is just so off compared to DS1, I swear there's an extra stun state when getting hit now that's annoying, but I'm still progressing and beating bosses, so I'll get through this.

« Reply #4379 on: December 23, 2020, 04:05:38 pm »
Been playing Dark Souls 3.  Abandoned it years ago due to a douche back extended relative who put me in a bad situation early on.  I'd say it wasn't anything horrible, but by doing what he had me do, I lose out on two potential companions.

Anyway, now I'm level 58 and a good distance into the game, and now I'm streaming the gameplay to twitch when I can.