Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 504914 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1050 on: April 02, 2014, 07:30:44 pm »
Am I the only one a little disturbed by positive portrayal of some pretty violent stuff happening to an animal in those trailers?

Probably? I don't know, because it's such an utterly ridiculous and nonsensical game, you really can't take it seriously.  It's such a goofy ass game, where you can become the goat king which allows you to spawn "peasant" goats at will and then you can go and become a demon goat by sacrificing 5 people on a pentagram you find giving you like crazy weird demon type powers.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1051 on: April 02, 2014, 08:03:17 pm »
After I read that, let me be clear on something that I'm not sure came across right: I know it's not a real animal.

I meant that I find it a little disturbing that people are getting joy from doing violent things to the goat. But now that I think about it, maybe something is wrong with me, since I don't find it the least bit disturbing when I play violent video games about people but I do when it's an animal. Oh well.

foxhack

« Reply #1052 on: April 02, 2014, 08:25:41 pm »
Am I the only one a little disturbed by positive portrayal of some pretty violent stuff happening to an animal in those trailers?

As opposed to the animal hurting people and destroying everything in its path?

Also, despite all the violence, explosions and fire - there isn't a single drop of blood or dismemberment in the game. Whenever you lose control due to an explosion or simply falling from a great height, you go into ragdoll mode (same as the humans or other goats). Press a button and you're back on your four legs.

Hell I jumped into a combine harvester. All it did was throw me halfway across the map. Right next to the goat-fighting arena.

Yes, that's a real thing.

The game is stupid and ridiculous on purpose, but if there was blood and actual maiming then I'd agree with you.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1053 on: April 02, 2014, 08:30:05 pm »
well among all the Madness going around with Goat simulator. I've Decided to go and play Alice: Madness Returns again... for that bad transition I'll see myself out.

« Reply #1054 on: April 02, 2014, 08:40:30 pm »
After I read that, let me be clear on something that I'm not sure came across right: I know it's not a real animal.

I meant that I find it a little disturbing that people are getting joy from doing violent things to the goat. But now that I think about it, maybe something is wrong with me, since I don't find it the least bit disturbing when I play violent video games about people but I do when it's an animal. Oh well.

Well of course I didn't mean it that way, I just meant that it's such a ridiculous idea, combined with the bogus physics, and crazy set pieces, that it's far too goofy to ever take it in any serious regards that it's "positive portrayal" of animal cruelty.  Even if it was super bloody and violent, I don't think I could see it any other way than just silly.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1055 on: April 02, 2014, 11:03:28 pm »
Alright, I kinda get it. But, is there enough game there to make it fun for longer than 10 min?

foxhack

« Reply #1056 on: April 02, 2014, 11:08:19 pm »
Alright, I kinda get it. But, is there enough game there to make it fun for longer than 10 min?

If you have the mindset for this kinda game, yes. It also has Workshop (modding) support so you can add other things into the game. It just came out yesterday, so...

pacpix

« Reply #1057 on: April 03, 2014, 01:31:10 am »
I have put six hours into the game and it is finally starting to get a little old as the map is small.  Looking forward to the new mods and maps though.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1058 on: April 05, 2014, 06:20:57 pm »
/sigh....  Back into Diablo 3 on PC again....  FML....

« Reply #1059 on: April 06, 2014, 03:19:18 pm »
/sigh....  Back into Diablo 3 on PC again....  FML....

HAHAHA I know the feeling, I'm back on Diablo 3 aswell. Loot 2.0 patch made me come back :P.

Other than that, I'm currently playing (on and off) Pokémon Diamond (NDS) and Assassin's Creed (Xbox 360).
I say on and off as most of my playing time still goes on League of Legends (yeah, I just can't get over it haha).

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1061 on: April 07, 2014, 08:23:41 pm »
Back to playing Assassin's Creed 4 after putting it up for abit.  Finally got to proper open world boat action and it's pretty great.  I also find it weird that Kenway in this is a better and more accomplished assassin than whats his face from AC3, except that he was raised for years by someone from the Assassin's, but Kenway is better even though Kenway has never trained and just happened to steal the suit from a dead dude lol They really didn't plan this character out very well, but I still love the game a hell of a lot more than AC3 which is mostly forgettable.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1062 on: April 07, 2014, 08:43:21 pm »
Back to playing Assassin's Creed 4 after putting it up for abit.  Finally got to proper open world boat action and it's pretty great.  I also find it weird that Kenway in this is a better and more accomplished assassin than whats his face from AC3, except that he was raised for years by someone from the Assassin's, but Kenway is better even though Kenway has never trained and just happened to steal the suit from a dead dude lol They really didn't plan this character out very well, but I still love the game a hell of a lot more than AC3 which is mostly forgettable.

I really liked the story of AC3, but the game was a little weak. It really made you miss the setting of Italy from the Ezio trilogy. You need the tall buildings and swordplay. The pirate setting in AC4 is fantastic. I can't get enough of it.  I'm a badass at sea and on land. I love swashbuckling.  8)

Wait until you get a little further along. Robbing folks never gets old.

« Reply #1063 on: April 07, 2014, 09:32:31 pm »
I never was into AC games, but I liked the setting of AC3, it was just too boring with it's side stuff and the main guy of AC3 was an absolutely terrible character.  Didn't care a lot for the story too.  Really, I hate the modern world aspect of the series.  If it was just an afterthought, where it's like "You have access to your ancestors memories because of science, learn about this secret history!" and nothing more, I'd be way happier.  I'm just glad I haven't gone back to the modern setting more than once so far in AC4 lol

argyle

« Reply #1064 on: April 07, 2014, 11:56:22 pm »
Had to start over in Dynasty Warriors 8 on the PS4.  You can transfer your save from the PS3 version...if you still own it.  If not, there's no way to get the save across.  And I traded mine in as soon as they announced the PS4 version.  Oh well, I don't mind starting over that much.

Also played some more Mercenary Kings.  Man, that game is all kinds of awesome.  That's the only PS+ game I don't already have that I'm interested in this month, but since I probably would have dropped the $20 on it that's good enough for me.  It's Metal Slug with missions, explorable levels & upgradable weapons.  It's old-school mixed with the best of modern game design.  Just full of win.  :)  The only thing that could possibly make it better would be a Vita version w/ cross-save support.   ;D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis