Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 505083 times)

argyle

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1200 on: May 25, 2014, 09:21:22 am »
I'm in the middle of a love-hate relationship with Wolfenstein.  Every time something annoys me in the game - usually the stealth (seriously, STEALTH in a WOLFENSTEIN game?!?!  ???) - then something comes along that I really like again (like the detail put into the resistance's hidden base).  But I also think part of my problem is that I'm really not in the mood for a linear shooter right now.  Since I'll be at my folks' house today & tomorrow so won't get to play it any then, and then Watch Dogs comes out Tues...I may end up trading it back in for now and just pick it up later when it gets cheap (doubt that will take long) to finish it up. 

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1201 on: May 25, 2014, 02:14:57 pm »
I just started Uncharted. I'll let you know how this goes.

« Reply #1202 on: May 25, 2014, 02:41:51 pm »
I'm in the middle of a love-hate relationship with Wolfenstein.  Every time something annoys me in the game - usually the stealth (seriously, STEALTH in a WOLFENSTEIN game?!?!  ???) - then something comes along that I really like again (like the detail put into the resistance's hidden base).  But I also think part of my problem is that I'm really not in the mood for a linear shooter right now.  Since I'll be at my folks' house today & tomorrow so won't get to play it any then, and then Watch Dogs comes out Tues...I may end up trading it back in for now and just pick it up later when it gets cheap (doubt that will take long) to finish it up.

But I like that you don't HAVE to do the stealth.  You can do the crazy action like in old Wolfenstein, where you just shoot everything if you want to or you can just stealth it out like I did until you are forced to battle.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1203 on: May 25, 2014, 02:47:19 pm »
I started Drakengard 3 this week, but I'm on a hiatus after chapter 2 in order to beef up on my WoW....  Patch 5.4.8 added 2 more item level upgrades for all the raid gear so I'm farming out valor to upgrade all my characters....  I went spastic on Tuesday and valor capped my rogue in 1 night....  1000 valor in a single night is nothing to scoff at either....  I managed to valor cap my priest yesterday and aim to finish off my hunter and mage who are both about half way by Monday night....  I have to do 3 more weeks of this to finish off my gear....  /cry   :'(  I recommend no one ever, EVER, start playing World of Warcraft if you value your soul, sanity, friends, or family....  But if you do....  Oh man is it glorious....

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1204 on: May 25, 2014, 06:13:52 pm »

Please do. I've almost played this game multiple times.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1205 on: May 25, 2014, 07:24:11 pm »

Please do. I've almost played this game multiple times.

I just got started. I couldn't do much with The Boy saying "Daddy" every three seconds. I don't know if I like it yet or not.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1206 on: May 25, 2014, 07:54:25 pm »
I started Drakengard 3 this week, but I'm on a hiatus after chapter 2 in order to beef up on my WoW....  Patch 5.4.8 added 2 more item level upgrades for all the raid gear so I'm farming out valor to upgrade all my characters....  I went spastic on Tuesday and valor capped my rogue in 1 night....  1000 valor in a single night is nothing to scoff at either....  I managed to valor cap my priest yesterday and aim to finish off my hunter and mage who are both about half way by Monday night....  I have to do 3 more weeks of this to finish off my gear....  /cry   :'(  I recommend no one ever, EVER, start playing World of Warcraft if you value your soul, sanity, friends, or family....  But if you do....  Oh man is it glorious....

I literally have no clue what the hell you just said. :)

It's amazing to me how complex today's games have gotten.

Nothing but respect Teck.

I've been playing Skyrim off and on for a few months. My wife signed in to my account accidentally a few days ago. She knew it was mine because nearly every village was wiped out.

She asked me how I was progressing through the objectives if I was killing everything I encountered. My reply was.

"Wait, there are objectives?"

foxhack

« Reply #1207 on: May 25, 2014, 08:06:40 pm »
Gave RE5 another shot. Since this time I didn't have to deal with endless waves of not!zombies, I did okay. Except for that boss with the worms and the respawning and the oy. :p

« Reply #1208 on: May 25, 2014, 09:20:42 pm »
Man, Dead or Alive Jiggle Simulator 5 is still such an awful series XD It's kinda fun to fight, but man are these guys lazy with the game.  The jiggling still looks like sloshing water balloons, the lip syncing barely seems to be there and when they do match up, their mouths barely move, and the story is dumb with this really kinda awful looking winding path you have to pick for everything that makes no sense.

Good thing it was only a 4 dollar buy lol

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1209 on: May 25, 2014, 09:43:41 pm »
Man, Dead or Alive Jiggle Simulator 5 is still such an awful series XD It's kinda fun to fight, but man are these guys lazy with the game.  The jiggling still looks like sloshing water balloons, the lip syncing barely seems to be there and when they do match up, their mouths barely move, and the story is dumb with this really kinda awful looking winding path you have to pick for everything that makes no sense.

What pisses me off is I bought that game the day it came out and it had all kinds of bugs and problems.

A year later they fixed them all and called it DOA5 Ultimate.

Still haven't bought it.

« Reply #1210 on: May 26, 2014, 12:57:20 am »

What pisses me off is I bought that game the day it came out and it had all kinds of bugs and problems.

Still haven't bought it.

What were some of the bugs? I had to download a content update from the marketplace to even start the game which was weird.  Auto update at the launch of the game, but something I had to download just to play the game, with no warning, was buried in the marketplace underneath the dozens of costumes they had available to buy.  Poorly thought out it seems.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1211 on: May 26, 2014, 02:05:00 am »

Still haven't bought it.

What were some of the bugs? I had to download a content update from the marketplace to even start the game which was weird.  Auto update at the launch of the game, but something I had to download just to play the game, with no warning, was buried in the marketplace underneath the dozens of costumes they had available to buy.  Poorly thought out it seems.

The more complex levels lag and stutter when you trigger certain things. This was the biggest problem.

They reduced it quite a bit but never completely eliminated it (except in the Ultimate version).

Supposedly they released Ultimate because they had to rewrite significant portions of the core engine to fix it properly.

They also added several stages and characters to ultimate.

Basically 5 wasn't ready but they released it anyway and used the money of early adopters to fund fixing it and then the released the properly finished version as a new game.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 02:06:31 am by dashv »

« Reply #1212 on: May 26, 2014, 02:14:02 am »

Still haven't bought it.

The more complex levels lag and stutter when you trigger certain things. This was the biggest problem.

They reduced it quite a bit but never completely eliminated it (except in the Ultimate version).

Supposedly they released Ultimate because they had to rewrite significant portions of the core engine to fix it properly.

They also added several stages and characters to ultimate.

Basically 5 wasn't ready but they released it anyway and used the money of early adopters to fund fixing it and then the released the properly finished version as a new game.

Ah, I gotcha.  Guess I can repeat that I'm glad I bought it for only 5 bucks lol

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1213 on: May 26, 2014, 02:29:50 am »
Ah, I gotcha.  Guess I can repeat that I'm glad I bought it for only 5 bucks lol

$5 is a great deal.

I'm really only bitter because I pad something like 40 or 50 bucks for it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 11:31:18 am by dashv »

« Reply #1214 on: May 26, 2014, 02:34:32 am »

$5 is a great deal.

I'm really only bitter because I pad something like 40 or 50 buck for it.

I'm a hardcore Battlefield fan, I know the hardships of paying for a broken game lol