Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 513857 times)

argyle

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1410 on: July 17, 2014, 02:00:05 pm »
Playing several things, but during the week I like to play something real action-y instead of a RPG because I have less time & am usually tired.  So I fired up Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn last night & had a blast.  All of the DW games are just plain fun, and I love them.  :D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1411 on: July 17, 2014, 02:11:31 pm »
Playing several things, but during the week I like to play something real action-y instead of a RPG because I have less time & am usually tired.  So I fired up Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn last night & had a blast.  All of the DW games are just plain fun, and I love them.  :D

Indeed. I haven't been able to play the Gundam Wing spin-offs yet, though. I'd like to.

soera

« Reply #1412 on: July 17, 2014, 02:17:04 pm »
As I mentioned in the Zelda thread, I just started Minish cap. It really does feel like the original sequel to Link to the past. Its cool so far!

abe

« Reply #1413 on: July 17, 2014, 02:19:35 pm »
I'm still playing Tales of Symphonia. I have to say, it felt like it started off slow, but I'm really enjoying it now. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #1414 on: July 17, 2014, 03:08:01 pm »
Takes of Symphonia is one of my favorite games ever, but I'll have to agree that it starts off a bit slow. Things didn't really get interesting for me until around the end of the second seal. I almost stopped playing my first time through. Thank goodness I didn't, else I would've missed out on a true classic. Shame the sequel was such a huge letdown. I still need to buy Chronicles.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

tripredacus

« Reply #1415 on: July 18, 2014, 11:02:18 am »
Far Cry 3 (PC). I wanted to play it for so long and... its fine and all. It is obviously made for consoles and doesn't translate 100% over to using mouse and keyboard. The save system blows and it isn't really clear when it is safe to exit the game. Just because the save icon comes up it doesn't mean it really saved it. It could have saved it for the current mission but you can't exit mid-mission because on re-load you are back to from before.

Also the stupid uPlay thing, I figured that Steam would be enough without having to load up a second client I will never use.

« Reply #1416 on: July 18, 2014, 08:04:30 pm »
Doom 3 BFG Edition.  Got it for the heck of it since it is only 5 bucks on Steam right now, I actually own the original version still, but I feel the game has aged kinda shakily, even with it being an upgraded version.  It does run super smooth, some good basic features being put it such as the flashlight being an item on the armor, than having to do the old duct tape mod is certainly nice lol It is a fairly clunky game though.  I can go back to Half-Life 2 which released around the same time and it plays great.  Good basic controls, movement is nice, but Doom 4 feels heavy handed and not in a gameplay way.  It's not FEAR 1 bad where it feels like it plays like garbage, but I have trouble going back to kinda older shooter stuff.  Would kill for some basic iron sights.  I'm missing far too much with a shotgun than I really should.  Also there are some texture stuff that looks alright and some looks like they came from a PS1 game.  This is a 2004 game, by the way.  I feel like they could've put a little more effort into that area. 

I might play through it fully and it has Doom 1 and 2 on it also, but for 5 bucks, I can't honestly complain TOO much lol

abe

« Reply #1417 on: July 19, 2014, 09:11:25 pm »
Takes of Symphonia is one of my favorite games ever, but I'll have to agree that it starts off a bit slow. Things didn't really get interesting for me until around the end of the second seal. I almost stopped playing my first time through. Thank goodness I didn't, else I would've missed out on a true classic. Shame the sequel was such a huge letdown. I still need to buy Chronicles.

The Tales of Symphonia Chronicles is pretty awesome. What is it exactly about Dawn of the New World that people were disappointed by? (aside from not being as awesome as the original I guess :P)

jcalder8

« Reply #1418 on: July 19, 2014, 11:04:09 pm »
I just started to play the Destiny Beta on the PS4. It's ok so far. No cover mechanic kinda sucks and it really reminds me of the first Halo.

madmax

« Reply #1419 on: July 20, 2014, 06:30:32 am »
I just started to play the Destiny Beta on the PS4. It's ok so far. No cover mechanic kinda sucks and it really reminds me of the first Halo.

Yep, I got to lvl 8, played a little multi and it got boring fast IMO :/
I usually play FPS on PC though so the lack of mouse affected how much I liked this...

foxhack

« Reply #1420 on: July 20, 2014, 04:50:07 pm »
I BEAT DRAGON SLAYER ORNSTEIN AND EXECUTIONER SMOUGH ON DARK SOULS

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

(This is considered by some to be the hardest boss fight in the game.)

PRAISE THE SUN, MOTHERBLEEPERS

argyle

« Reply #1421 on: July 20, 2014, 06:17:33 pm »
I'm really enjoying Destiny, it has much more in common with something like Borderlands than any traditional shooter. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1422 on: July 20, 2014, 06:29:49 pm »
I BEAT DRAGON SLAYER ORNSTEIN AND EXECUTIONER SMOUGH ON DARK SOULS

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

(This is considered by some to be the hardest boss fight in the game.)

PRAISE THE SUN, MOTHERBLEEPERS

It was definitely the hardest for me in Dark Souls and is a big step towards beating the game.  Congrats!

I'm playing Lock's Quest on the DS which is supposed to be one of the many hidden gems on the system.  It starts off kind of slow with levels that are a little too easy, but I'm starting to like it more and more as the challenge ramps up and more variety is added to the game.  I think I've got about a quarter of the game done now.
When I'm not playing video games, I draw them.  You can see more at:
https://isuckworse.deviantart.com/

« Reply #1423 on: July 20, 2014, 06:51:48 pm »
Street Fighter IV! Got the Ultra pre-order which gives you Super Street Fighter and all the costumes, so been playing that with my friend.  Really excited to get my arcade stick in this week to see how I like utilizing one.

Also at a gamer hangout last night, we passed around NES Remix which is pretty entertaining.  I'm probably gonna grab NES Remix 2 since I have saved up eshop money cause it's a really good party thing I think.

abe

« Reply #1424 on: July 20, 2014, 07:48:21 pm »
Street Fighter IV! Got the Ultra pre-order which gives you Super Street Fighter and all the costumes, so been playing that with my friend.  Really excited to get my arcade stick in this week to see how I like utilizing one.

Also at a gamer hangout last night, we passed around NES Remix which is pretty entertaining.  I'm probably gonna grab NES Remix 2 since I have saved up eshop money cause it's a really good party thing I think.

What did you get for an arcade stick?