Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515693 times)

foxhack

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1560 on: September 04, 2014, 03:36:26 pm »
Ehh I feel like its more of mid level of gaming computer. Why didnt you go with the i7 4770k? Did you overclock anything? I think you should upgrade that 270 to something else. Im surprised that 270 didn't bottle neck the 3770k.

How much did you spend on it?

I didn't go with stronger / faster components because of power concerns. Electricity is very expensive down here and I don't really do a lot of modern gaming, most of the stuff I have is relatively old; newer components tend to cause older games to act wacky due to their speed, so I went with something middle of the road. The games that I own that have the highest requirements are LA Noire and RAGE; the former runs perfectly fine, but I haven't tested the latter yet.

Compared to my old computer (Athlon 64 X2 5000 Black Edition, 3 GB RAM, Radeon 6850) this thing is still crazy fast. I tried playing some newer games on it and it ran them at half speed. XD

I don't remember what I spent but it was probably 500 bucks altogether. I might have paid too much, but it's okay. I'd had that computer since March 2008 and had been trying to get a new system since 2011!

davifus

« Reply #1561 on: September 04, 2014, 04:19:29 pm »
Ehh I feel like its more of mid level of gaming computer. Why didnt you go with the i7 4770k? Did you overclock anything? I think you should upgrade that 270 to something else. Im surprised that 270 didn't bottle neck the 3770k.

How much did you spend on it?

I didn't go with stronger / faster components because of power concerns. Electricity is very expensive down here and I don't really do a lot of modern gaming, most of the stuff I have is relatively old; newer components tend to cause older games to act wacky due to their speed, so I went with something middle of the road. The games that I own that have the highest requirements are LA Noire and RAGE; the former runs perfectly fine, but I haven't tested the latter yet.

Compared to my old computer (Athlon 64 X2 5000 Black Edition, 3 GB RAM, Radeon 6850) this thing is still crazy fast. I tried playing some newer games on it and it ran them at half speed. XD

I don't remember what I spent but it was probably 500 bucks altogether. I might have paid too much, but it's okay. I'd had that computer since March 2008 and had been trying to get a new system since 2011!
Oh okay didnt know electricity was that expensive over there. Yeah, definitely a big upgrade from your previous Computer
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #1562 on: September 05, 2014, 06:08:38 pm »
Dead Rising 3 on PC.  Not the greatest of ports, have to play windowed to play in my resolution, but overall I'm enjoying it.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 07:36:56 pm by kamikazekeeg »

davifus

« Reply #1563 on: September 05, 2014, 06:25:00 pm »
Dead Rising 2 on PC.  Not the greatest of ports, have to play windowed to play in my resolution, but overall I'm enjoying it.
What is your resolution?

« Reply #1564 on: September 05, 2014, 07:37:56 pm »
Dead Rising 2 on PC.  Not the greatest of ports, have to play windowed to play in my resolution, but overall I'm enjoying it.
What is your resolution?

My bad, quick edit, meant to put Dead Rising 3 lol My resolution is 1360 x 768.  I only get about 3 different resolution options ingame and none of them are right, which makes me stay in windowed so that everything looks right.

davifus

« Reply #1565 on: September 05, 2014, 08:09:10 pm »
What is your resolution?

My bad, quick edit, meant to put Dead Rising 3 lol My resolution is 1360 x 768.  I only get about 3 different resolution options ingame and none of them are right, which makes me stay in windowed so that everything looks right.

Yeah, upgrade to a 1920x1080 soon... that is gruesome.

90snostalga

« Reply #1566 on: September 06, 2014, 01:38:24 am »
Fable the lost chapters...

« Reply #1567 on: September 06, 2014, 02:52:48 pm »
sadly not got much time for gaming right now.
but im playing professor layton and the curious village.

maximo310

« Reply #1568 on: September 06, 2014, 03:34:43 pm »
I borrowed Ketsui:Death Label from a friend to kill some time in between classes. It's a pretty interesting port in that its just a boss rush mode with varying difficulities from the original arcade version, with the only actual stage in the game is a modified version of Stage 5 from the original.  The game has some really steep difficulty curves even for the bullet hell genre especially when you go from very hard to death label/doom mode, but I'm enjoying it alot because its perfect for playing in short time bursts, and it makes up for not having as much gameplay content as the original/xbox360/ ps3 versions of the game.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1569 on: September 07, 2014, 03:59:19 am »

I've been playing this one all day. It's pretty much a God of War rip-off, but fun nonetheless.

Much better than this atrocious piece of garbage on NES, which seriously may be the single worse video game I've ever played:

« Reply #1570 on: September 07, 2014, 04:15:29 am »
Much better than this atrocious piece of garbage on NES, which seriously may be the single worse video game I've ever played:

Oh right, that's the one with the confusing progression and miserable combat lol  I know that first level a good bit because it's the only one that ever gets shown when you see stuff about bad games and that gets put on there.  I didn't know it had more than that cave to it till I just looked up some gameplay for it lol

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1571 on: September 07, 2014, 04:23:41 am »

Oh right, that's the one with the confusing progression and miserable combat lol  I know that first level a good bit because it's the only one that ever gets shown when you see stuff about bad games and that gets put on there.  I didn't know it had more than that cave to it till I just looked up some gameplay for it lol

If anyone else can actually make it past the first level, they deserve a prize. I owned it as a kid, and never could because the gameplay was so broken that it was hard for all the wrong reasons.

« Reply #1572 on: September 07, 2014, 06:28:18 am »
Going through the "Untold Stories" DLC of Dead Rising 3.  I did the first one and I can see why they are probably not considered too great in terms of story they are trying to bring.  There's more side missions, new things to collect for basically points, some story bits that put you alongside the main story with Nick, but you don't really learn anything anything more here which I think is the biggest fault of it.  You figure out how an event happens, but it's basically meaningless, and then it ends on some plot point that makes no sense.  Hopefully the rest are a little better in terms of adding to the story, but I'm not expecting much.

Guess I'm just glad the DLC was free on PC lol

foxhack

« Reply #1573 on: September 09, 2014, 07:36:03 pm »
Still playing LA Noire...

I'm at a point where I'm doing a sort of scavenger hunt to catch someone. I have a feeling this is not going to end well, and it's making me really sad. ;_;

davifus

« Reply #1574 on: September 09, 2014, 07:44:12 pm »
Still playing LA Noire...

I'm at a point where I'm doing a sort of scavenger hunt to catch someone. I have a feeling this is not going to end well, and it's making me really sad. ;_;

How is La Noire? I got it because of my love for Mafia 2. I played a little bit of it and got distracted. I'm still lingering on going back to it atm.