Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514829 times)

davifus

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1605 on: October 16, 2014, 12:48:43 am »
FFXII - Finally got to the dang place I lost my file on.  8) So close to the end...
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1606 on: October 16, 2014, 12:24:23 pm »

I'm really enjoying it so far. It feel like Batman: Arkham Origins meets Super Metroid, in 2.5D. Batman combat, style, and graphics, with Metroid-like gameplay. As you get access to new gadgets, you can access previously unaccessible areas. Good stuff!

I don't like that they took out the upgrade points system, though. It gives you a bit less incentive to fight enemies and find collectibles.

I don't have a lot of 3DS games (5 of them), but the ones I do have I've really liked a lot. My 3DS XL was a great investment.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 03:44:15 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #1607 on: October 20, 2014, 01:49:58 am »
Having finally picked up Ocarina of Time 3D, I decide when I'm out and running around at all, to start a playthrough of this classic game.  It looks so nice, even on the tiny screen.  Haven't played Ocarina of Time in a very long time and I forgot it has Masters Quest which I've never really played before.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1608 on: October 20, 2014, 11:15:56 pm »
Having finally picked up Ocarina of Time 3D, I decide when I'm out and running around at all, to start a playthrough of this classic game.  It looks so nice, even on the tiny screen.  Haven't played Ocarina of Time in a very long time and I forgot it has Masters Quest which I've never really played before.

I have the disc with both for the Game Cube. It's in my backlog.

I'm almost done with the Tomb Raider reboot. According to the game I'm just before the point of no return so I'm back tracking and clearing out all the objectives and finding all the treasures in the other areas I've cleared.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1609 on: October 21, 2014, 09:54:24 am »
I slipped and fell and bought one of those plug & play style Genesis.  I was testing it out the other day and now I've been on a Genesis streak.  In an unrelated story, I found Gunstar Heroes in a pawn shop.  I've been playing a lot of the few Genesis games I really enjoy. 

Gunstar Heroes
Castlevania: Bloodlines
Contra: Hard Corps

Those are all some hard eff'n games.

P.S. I still hate the Genesis controller.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1610 on: October 21, 2014, 11:34:08 am »
List of my Currents:

Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
- Borrowing my roommates copy, love the DW series so this has been sucking up all my time, great game.

SSB4 (3DS)
- Been playing it bit by bit ever since I got it launch day, great game.

That's really it for now, being at school and only bringing a few systems I don't really want to get invested into an RPG but I do have my gamecube with Baiten Kaitos & Tales of Symphonia staring at me ...

bobster

« Reply #1611 on: October 21, 2014, 12:38:01 pm »
I slipped and fell and bought one of those plug & play style Genesis.  I was testing it out the other day and now I've been on a Genesis streak.  In an unrelated story, I found Gunstar Heroes in a pawn shop.  I've been playing a lot of the few Genesis games I really enjoy. 

Gunstar Heroes
Castlevania: Bloodlines
Contra: Hard Corps

Those are all some hard eff'n games.

Gunstar Heroes is a game I picked up on a whim at a yard sale. Man is that a great game! Totally fun.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1612 on: October 21, 2014, 12:57:09 pm »

The 6-button controller isn't so large and clumsy.

argyle

« Reply #1613 on: October 22, 2014, 09:36:50 am »
I gotta say, I am loving The Evil Within. This is absolutely the spiritual successor to Resident Evil 4. The controls are improved - you can move & shoot ;) - and the graphics look fantastic. But it really has that RE4 "feel" to it, in the best possible way. The new setting helps a ton too, because it's off-putting in that I'm not 100% sure what's going on, tho I have my theories. Anyone who loved RE4 but was disappointed by the RE games after that owes it to themselves to give this a try. Heck, even if you liked the sequels - they weren't bad games IMO, they just didn't feel the same - you'd probably still like it.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1614 on: October 22, 2014, 09:47:17 am »

The batarang hates you back!

bobster

« Reply #1615 on: October 22, 2014, 09:55:05 am »
So I put 4-5 hours into Metroid: Other M last night. I'm actually loving that game. I was blown away by how much I enjoy it, being that everyone seems to hate it.

I definitely agree they made Samus very wimpy, but after the cut-scenes, when you're exploring and you are alone, it's really fun. They nailed the atmosphere, sound effects, and music for me.

kashell

« Reply #1616 on: October 22, 2014, 10:48:08 am »
I'm on my fourth Tales of Symphonia file. This should be the last one that nabs me the platinum trophy!

whiteyfox

« Reply #1617 on: October 22, 2014, 10:57:51 am »
Trying to progress through Shadow of Mordor. Those Warchiefs are annoying.

bobster

« Reply #1618 on: October 22, 2014, 11:12:45 am »
I gotta say, I am loving The Evil Within. This is absolutely the spiritual successor to Resident Evil 4. The controls are improved - you can move & shoot ;) - and the graphics look fantastic. But it really has that RE4 "feel" to it, in the best possible way. The new setting helps a ton too, because it's off-putting in that I'm not 100% sure what's going on, tho I have my theories. Anyone who loved RE4 but was disappointed by the RE games after that owes it to themselves to give this a try. Heck, even if you liked the sequels - they weren't bad games IMO, they just didn't feel the same - you'd probably still like it.
Hmmm I was interested before and now I'm really interested! Thanks for the write up. I'll have to check this out.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1619 on: October 22, 2014, 12:20:36 pm »
So I put 4-5 hours into Metroid: Other M last night. I'm actually loving that game. I was blown away by how much I enjoy it, being that everyone seems to hate it.

I definitely agree they made Samus very wimpy, but after the cut-scenes, when you're exploring and you are alone, it's really fun. They nailed the atmosphere, sound effects, and music for me.

I didn't hate it, either. I will admit that most of the other main-series games were better (except Hunters), but it's still a good game.