Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514923 times)

retroone

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1815 on: January 22, 2015, 03:43:41 pm »
Shovel Knight and Team Fortress 2
I only play Team Fortress 2 for the gamemodes although I'm not that big into trading just yet. Overall it's a amazing FPS game thats FREE!!!

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1816 on: January 22, 2015, 03:45:43 pm »
Playing Black on the PS2!
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

desocietas

« Reply #1817 on: January 22, 2015, 04:10:18 pm »
I'm still about 62 hours into Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, my first Atelier game.  I'm really digging it so far and am tempted to start up the 2nd one after this one is done, but I don't know if that'll be too boring for the livestreaming.

Otherwise, I've been mixing it up with some other items.  Played Abyss Odyssey co-op with the bf last week and we want to play some more as soon as we're able to - it's a pretty game, and pretty interesting, though we're only about 2 hours into figuring the whole thing out.

Anyone else try out Abyss Odyssey?  Interesting premise how the cooperative achievements of all players supposedly helps to unlock portions of the game for everyone.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #1818 on: January 22, 2015, 04:53:50 pm »
Playing Clock Tower for the PS1 after doing a 100% run of the SNES original on a repro cart. I'm going to go with the unpopular opinion and say I actually prefer the PS1 sequel. Much better atmosphere, though far less pretty and a bit slow to start. The voice acting is also hilariously awful. I still really enjoy both. I am having a bit of a problem with the PlayStation Mouse, though. It works perfectly in normal gameplay and I think it's much easier to use than the standard d-pad, but it has a tendency to become completely unresponsive when text prompts and dialogue appear. I know pretty much no one bought the Mouse, but on the off chance that someone here did, have you ever had this kind of problem?
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

rancesama

« Reply #1819 on: January 22, 2015, 05:56:54 pm »
Playing "Persona Q" on the 3DS and "Persona 4: Golden" on the PlayStation TV. I beat Persona 4 a long time ago on the PS2. It is great to go back and play it again with new features. It has always been one of my favorite games.

See news, reviews and more at Nintendo Frontier!

doafan

« Reply #1820 on: January 26, 2015, 10:53:43 am »
Right now Toki for the Nes cause this one is my last purchase and as always am playing Gears of War, gotta love the Horde's mode in solo mode cause this way definetely can improve my skill when am playing online  8)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1821 on: January 26, 2015, 11:32:53 am »
Right now Toki for the Nes cause this one is my last purchase and as always am playing Gears of War, gotta love the Horde's mode in solo mode cause this way definetely can improve my skill when am playing online  8)

Toki surprised me.  That was a pretty fun game.  It's not real hard, so I didn't get too frustrated.   

argyle

« Reply #1822 on: January 26, 2015, 11:46:18 am »
Tales of Xillia 2, and a little Super Mario 3D World when I need a bit of action.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

doafan

« Reply #1823 on: January 26, 2015, 12:04:20 pm »
Toki surprised me.  That was a pretty fun game.  It's not real hard, so I didn't get too frustrated.
Actually it's pure fun, my little five years girl is playing this one with me, if it were a two player mode my wife definetely will be playing this one she enjoy the Bubble Booble and the Snow Bros  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #1824 on: January 27, 2015, 07:16:44 am »
Kinda got back into Guild Wars 2 after remembering I had the game after wanting some MMORPG action that isn't WoW, cause I don't want to pay for a subscription to it.  Still a nice and smooth playing game, but I just can't stand early game in MMO's.  So damn boring.  Been trying to settle down on a class I like, but still not sure yet.  I might settle with Engineer or Warrior, but Engineer is super boring right now without his sentry stuff. I just really need to push through to get to something good lol

kashell

« Reply #1825 on: January 27, 2015, 07:59:16 am »
I started playing Final Fantasy XII. The story and characters are great, but I find myself getting really bored of the dungeons and towns. I'm debating whether or not to just read what happens in the story since actually playing the game isn't that exciting.

bobster

« Reply #1826 on: January 27, 2015, 09:01:33 am »
Kinda got back into Guild Wars 2 after remembering I had the game after wanting some MMORPG action that isn't WoW, cause I don't want to pay for a subscription to it.  Still a nice and smooth playing game, but I just can't stand early game in MMO's.  So damn boring.  Been trying to settle down on a class I like, but still not sure yet.  I might settle with Engineer or Warrior, but Engineer is super boring right now without his sentry stuff. I just really need to push through to get to something good lol
I played GW2 for a while when it first came out. The story was pretty good and the voice acting was superb. I just heard they announced an expansion last weekend at PAX South so that's pretty cool.

I played Warrior which I liked, and my girlfriend played Engineer, which she liked lol. So I don't have any advice for you. I think Engineer might be boring if you're playing by yourself. It seemed like a good fit with the two of us though.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

argyle

« Reply #1827 on: January 27, 2015, 09:30:27 am »
I started playing Final Fantasy XII. The story and characters are great, but I find myself getting really bored of the dungeons and towns. I'm debating whether or not to just read what happens in the story since actually playing the game isn't that exciting.

I've tried playing this game twice, the second time a couple years back, and each time I made it about 10 hours in before I just couldn't stand it anymore & quit. The story/characters don't grab me and while I get what they were trying to do w/ the party AI system other games - such as the Tales games - have handled party AI *so* much better without the need to constantly babysit & tweak what they're doing. I've played every non-MMO numbered FF game since 7 to completion except for that one. It's just not for me.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1828 on: January 28, 2015, 03:11:15 am »
Got Dying Light and having some fun with it.  It's basically Dead Island improved in pretty much all areas that I can tell, with added mobility which is pretty great.  Actually much more challenging right off the bat than Dead Island was.  4 or 5 zombies were pretty easy to take on before, but now, that's a battle you might not want to get in if you don't have to.  Can't use explosives whenever you want also.  Those and guns have the chance to bring in the infected runners and a couple of them can be a pain in the ass.  You do get much more medkits to use and they are quick, but your health can dwindle down very fast if you get grabbed or hit to the ground.  It even has story and characters so that already is a big step up from Dead Island lol

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1829 on: January 28, 2015, 10:03:51 am »
Still trucking through FFT one mission at a time, usually right before I go to bed. Some of these earlier missions are damn hard!