Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514913 times)

foxhack

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1860 on: February 19, 2015, 05:23:55 pm »
The Mortal Kombat reboot.

I'm actually enjoying the new story in the games. I'm currently in the Mortal Kombat 3 part of the story - so about 2/3rds in.

deftommo

« Reply #1861 on: February 20, 2015, 09:47:11 am »
Dark Souls, ICO, and Final Fantasy II

jsoup

« Reply #1862 on: February 24, 2015, 03:14:27 am »
Aside from lots of Warcraft, currently finishing up a recomplete of the Costume Quest 2, this time the PS4 version.

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1863 on: February 24, 2015, 10:26:41 am »
Working through Theatrhythm: Curtain Call.

I complete everything so this feels like it could take forever.

Don't get me wrong - I love the game and want to complete every last nook and cranny of it, but it is hard when there are so many other games I have still to play sitting here.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

abe

« Reply #1864 on: February 24, 2015, 10:48:36 am »
I've been playing Mega Man X2 through the Mega Man X Collection on the PS2 while I'm waiting for my new Vita memory card to come in the mail. I haven't played X2 in a while, and I forgot how much I love these games. :D After I finish X2 I might try to run through the rest of the Mega Man X series on the compilation disc.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1865 on: February 24, 2015, 12:20:30 pm »
After beating Super Mario 3D World, I will be starting this game, hopefully today after work. It is one of the reasons I wanted a Wii U to begin with:

desocietas

« Reply #1866 on: February 24, 2015, 03:24:57 pm »

Don't get me wrong - I love the game and want to complete every last nook and cranny of it, but it is hard when there are so many other games I have still to play sitting here.

Do you count the DLC for completion sake?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1867 on: February 24, 2015, 03:49:38 pm »
After beating Super Mario 3D World, I will be starting this game, hopefully today after work. It is one of the reasons I wanted a Wii U to begin with:

You will love it. If you haven't played a Musou game before you're in for a treat. If you have this is one of the deepest and most polished versions of the genre out there. There is a LOT to do in this game so definitely you will have a long time with it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1868 on: February 24, 2015, 04:07:58 pm »
^ Oh yeah, I've played them before. It's kind of hard not to play a Dynasty Warriors or Samurai Warriors game with as many as there are out there.

I own a few Dynasty Warriors games and DW: Gundam.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1869 on: February 24, 2015, 04:38:58 pm »
^ Oh yeah, I've played them before. It's kind of hard not to play a Dynasty Warriors or Samurai Warriors game with as many as there are out there.

I own a few Dynasty Warriors games and DW: Gundam.

Hey, some people avoid the games like the plague. There are a lot of hardcore gamers and old collectors I know who haven't touched a Musou game. But either way you're in for a great treat. Also a piece of advice, if you hold B, after a roll you will begin to immediately run. Helps SO MUCH and I don't believe it's ever explained to you. Remember that, changes how easily you can play the game for sure.

« Reply #1870 on: February 24, 2015, 06:25:01 pm »
Never liked Dynasty Warriors, but love Hyrule Warriors.  I'd be less interested in the game if it wasn't Zelda, that's for sure lol

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1871 on: February 24, 2015, 07:44:29 pm »
That's a good question. I really want to do all of the dlc too, but it looks like it will be nearly $100 for all of it. Which is kind of hard to open my wallet for. Chances are I will get all the dlc too.

Have you played through the game? Anyone know how many hours this bad boy is going to take me?

The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

desocietas

« Reply #1872 on: February 24, 2015, 08:24:18 pm »
That's a good question. I really want to do all of the dlc too, but it looks like it will be nearly $100 for all of it. Which is kind of hard to open my wallet for. Chances are I will get all the dlc too.

Have you played through the game? Anyone know how many hours this bad boy is going to take me?

I haven't played too much of Curtain Call... maybe just a few hours, but it looks like it could take some time... I put in a bit more with the first Theatrythm, and I don't think I'm very close to finishing it :/
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #1873 on: February 24, 2015, 08:38:19 pm »
Did anyone get Dragonball Xenoverse? I was curious how it was.  The custom character seemed fun, especially since Voice 8 for the guys is done by Takahata from Team Four Star and it's the joke voice.  It's literally his version of Nappa being real ridiculous lol But I worry about it being another poor DBZ combat experience.

maximo310

« Reply #1874 on: February 24, 2015, 10:40:24 pm »
Apparently I've heard mixed opinions from some critics, but most of the user reviews I see of it are very positive at the moment. I've heard that its a much better fighting experience than the last few games( ugh battle of z), but the fighting engine for this is pretty good and it seems pretty smooth when you perform actions against your opponent, and the alternate storyline mode is a neat addition as well. The best version seems to be the PS4, but the Xbox One and and PS3 versions are rated above average as well. So I'd reccomend it.