Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514884 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1905 on: March 15, 2015, 03:47:07 am »
GTA 5 heist online. Hoping to run the 4th heist on Sunday.... Only problem is, we need 4 players but always manage to get just 3.....
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

argyle

« Reply #1906 on: March 15, 2015, 03:47:32 am »
Tried to play the demo for Code Name: STEAM, but I wasn't really feeling it.  Especially so after I had just got done playing Valkyria Chronicles for the first time, which is the same kind of game.  Not sure what I wasn't liking other than perhaps not watching enemies move around.  You just sorta sit there and hope they come towards you.  It seems like it has more general detail to it in comparison, more environmental things to interact with, but eh...I'll be passing on this game.  Guess I just want them to port the two Valkyria Chronicles sequels (Not to mention localize the third one) or make a new full sequel that's all pretty and with added depth lol

Yeah, I had a feeling this one was just going to sit on my shelf. So I picked up my preorder & the pin, then returned the game to another GS where the guy running the store knew me & knew what I was doing. ;) Swapped it for Dying Light.

EDIT: Fixed typo. Probably shouldn't post after 3:00 am - but insomnia sucks.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 10:39:53 am by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1907 on: March 15, 2015, 04:05:53 am »
Tried to play the demo for Code Name: STEAM, but I wasn't really feeling it.  Especially so after I had just got done playing Valkyria Chronicles for the first time, which is the same kind of game.  Not sure what I wasn't liking other than perhaps not watching enemies move around.  You just sorta sit there and hope they come towards you.  It seems like it has more general detail to it in comparison, more environmental things to interact with, but eh...I'll be passing on this game.  Guess I just want them to port the two Valkyria Chronicles sequels (Not to mention localize the third one) or make a new full sequel that's all pretty and with added depth lol

Yeah, I had a feeling this one was just going to sit on my shelf. So I picked up my preorder & the pin, then returned the game to another GS where the guy running the store new me & new what I was doing. ;) Swapped it for Dying Light.

It seems like it's getting a rather lukewarm reception, so probably was a good idea.

maximo310

« Reply #1908 on: March 15, 2015, 04:53:22 pm »

Yeah, I had a feeling this one was just going to sit on my shelf. So I picked up my preorder & the pin, then returned the game to another GS where the guy running the store new me & new what I was doing. ;) Swapped it for Dying Light.

It seems like it's getting a rather lukewarm reception, so probably was a good idea.
I played the demo, and I liked it for the most part. The only problem is that because of the advanced enemy A.I enemy turns took way too long, and the speedup option don't speed things up too much. It seems like its getting mixed critic scores, but most of the user scores have been positive so far. I'll probably pick it up when it drops in price( hopefully).

« Reply #1909 on: March 15, 2015, 05:41:52 pm »
I played the demo, and I liked it for the most part. The only problem is that because of the advanced enemy A.I enemy turns took way too long, and the speedup option don't speed things up too much. It seems like its getting mixed critic scores, but most of the user scores have been positive so far. I'll probably pick it up when it drops in price( hopefully).

I really hated the enemy turns for sure.  In Valkyria Chronicles, you got to watch what they were doing and while it could be slow and aggravating at times, it at least gave you something to watch.  Less so with STEAM, where you just sorta watched your camera wiggle around for abit until one just happens to see you and rush right at you.

« Reply #1910 on: March 15, 2015, 09:25:15 pm »
Got back into some Rock Band 3 with the Rock Band 4 hype on the horizon and still very enjoyable.  I also found out that Devin Townsend's "Ziltoid the Omniscient" album is up on the Rock Band Network and I somehow missed it.  It's not just been added to the RBN, but it's been redone with Ziltoid's talking bit being centered around you, the plastic guitar player, berating you for being a nerd and liking this stuff through the album and it's best played as an album all the way through the 9 songs in order, as you try to show Ziltoid that it's just about fun and enjoying music by the end lol I love Devin, I love Ziltoid, and it just makes me want to see like "Death Ray" show up in Rock Band 4.

« Reply #1911 on: March 16, 2015, 02:56:37 pm »
As surprised as I am by this, I'm still horribly addicted to Destiny. Currently running a lvl 28 Warlock and just bumped up to lvl 24 with my Titan. I just wish I knew more people who played, though the community of players has generally been pretty solid and on point, a few pairings with scrubs aside.

I'm still mind boggled by some of the scrubs, though. It's a game that really rewards mobility, and yet I've seen more than a few people turtle back not really engaging enemies. I had one Strike mission where my kills were around 159 and the people I was grouped with had around 40-50, despite being a level or two higher than me. I spent almost as much time reviving them as I did killing stuff. Terrible!

doafan

« Reply #1912 on: March 18, 2015, 12:30:04 pm »
^ Ha! I never even knew you could do that in that game. That's funny. I always owned the first 2 TMNT games, but never did get a copy of #3.
The game in this mode is not that hard, when I was a kid used to finished it with my friends, yes there was a time when games can be played with real friends in the same room/house and not with your "online friends" and sometimes alone but right now am proud to say that my daughter and I finally kicked Krang's and Shredder's butts  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

foxhack

« Reply #1913 on: March 22, 2015, 09:32:43 pm »
Well I WAS playing Dungeons of Dredmor until a super powered Diggle murdered me with a double-strength attack thanks to a counter. Argh!

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1914 on: March 27, 2015, 06:39:17 pm »
I finally "finished" moving so I booted up the ol' 3DS and popped in Monster Hunter 4 that I'd been eager to play.  What I didn't realize is that I was about to fall down a deep, deep well.  It's going to be a while before I finish unpacking those last few boxes...

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

soera

« Reply #1915 on: March 27, 2015, 07:22:24 pm »
Been working on Hyrule warriors. Its pretty fun.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1916 on: March 28, 2015, 01:31:25 am »
Been working on Hyrule warriors. Its pretty fun.

I really enjoyed it.

Today I played some NES. Started with the ever underrated Legendary Wings from Capcom. Great shoot-em up action with a mixture of fantasy and futuristic-tech as a setting, rather than your normal space-setting. Impressive graphics for an early NES game, too. One of those games that just kicked the crap out of me as a kid, too. Today I got so far, got the level before the last level. But it's one of those shooters that in the later stages, if you die, you lose all of your power-ups; and if you lose all of your power-ups that late in the game, you're screwed. Still, it was a lot of fun.

And then after Legendary Wings kicked my ass, I popped in Frankenstein: The Monster Returns by Bandai. Great little action-platform in the same vein as Castlevania. I've heard a lot of people talk trash about it because it's not Castlevania. IMO, that doesn't make it a bad game. It's still a lot of fun to play with some great chip-tune music, and cool little anime-style cutscenes  in-between the levels.

maximo310

« Reply #1917 on: March 28, 2015, 07:03:19 pm »
Still optimizing my scoring on Rayforce. I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of the advanced mechanics, and my scoring is pretty good for Stages 1,2, and 4, and I still have to work on the rest of the stages for 7 and 8-locks. My best on one credit so far is 2.56 million at Stage 6.

bobster

« Reply #1918 on: March 30, 2015, 07:33:56 pm »
I just started Star Ocean: Til the End of Time! I know a few people mentioned needing to start it as well. Now's the time folks!

Only an hour in, but I already have good impressions. For one, there's an automatic setting that continues the dialog after the voice part finishes. In the last two PSP ones that I played, I got so tired of listening to the dialog speak, then still having to press the button to continue. It makes the dialog much more natural having it be automatic.

Also, this game has Progressive Scan option and it looks really great going through my component cables (and through my XRGB mini upscaler). Always love it when you have the option to use a crisper format. For anyone that's looking to play the game, hold Triangle and X as you start up the game. You'll get options to start it in progressive mode with 16:9 (wide screen) or 4:9 (normal square) if you're playing on a modern TV with component cables.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1919 on: March 30, 2015, 07:59:56 pm »
WWF Wrestlefest is even better than WWF Superstars. I love this arcade cabinet! 
Mr. Perfect is... Simply Perfect.